Academy Awards Expand Best Picture Category to 10 Films

Ananas

Except for Being John Malkovich, which was just about a bunch of assholes and also John Malkovich. It was also my least favorite Kaufman movie I've ever seen (I've never seen... what's the name of the caveman one? Human Nature?), so maybe he should stick to that.

Yeah. Human Nature was skipped by about everyone for...I'm not sure why. Though, I've always heard that it's by far the weakest of the bunch, even though it was the first collaboration of Gondry and Kaufman.

Also, ignoring EddieG's hate for Eternal Sunshine before my seething anger turns deadly. <_<

It sucked. Accept it.

Let me guess, you couldn't follow the wacky mind adventures of it or the fact that Jim Carrey didn't have a rubbery face for the duration of the film? Don't take this as a pissy move. I really want to know what your reasons for this dislike is. Unless it's "it's not a Jim Carrey comedy like the others," in which keep it to yourself and just avoid any fare classified as arthouse or whatever.

Oh no, don't get me wrong I WANTED to LOVE this movie, but I just couldn't. I am not sure why, but I just couldn't. When I first heard about it I was anxious because I knew it was going to be great. When I finally saw it I was less than impressed. I'm not sure if I was overly anxious (much what happened with The Wrestler) or what it was, but something just lacked, IMO. It has nothing to do with Jim Carrey's comedy background at all.

It's one of those movies that I will probably sit down and try to watch again knowing I don't like it and end up enjoying it.

Why not? Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon was nominated for both Best Picture and Best Foreign Language.

So does that mean an animated movie could be nominated in both "Best Animated" and "Best Picture" categories?

And I'm glad I'm not alone about Wall-E. I'm a fan of most Pixar stuff to be honest (to varying degrees) with the exceptions of Ratatouille and A Bug's Life.

I do hope UP gets in next year, as it was as good as Pixars Best. Seriously the only time I was let down from them was when Cars came out, and even that was just underwhelming. I do wish they adopted this in years past where films like Pans Labryinth, Eternal Sunshine, United 93, Children of Men and The Dark Knight (The biggest Movie of the Decade so far!!) might have had a chance making it in. Also, The Bourne Ultimatum could have made it in also (I mean it win 3 oscars, including Best Editing!).

Just for fun though, here's what I think might get nominated (excluding foreign Films, cause unlike last year, I have no idea who the big players are):

-Nine

-Up

-Avatar (The movie about Robots that will actually be good...It's Freakin James Cameron!)

-Shutter Island

-Precious (Getting Amazing buzz in the festival circuit)

-Invictus (Eastwood Directing a Nelson Mandela pic w/ Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon=Oscar Nominee for sure)

-The Lovely Bones (Peter Jackson + An Amazing novel=A Great Chance of a nomination)

- A Foreign Language Film- Probably the one that won at Cannes

- Green Zone (Paul Greengrass)

-The Road or Where The Wild Things Are

.... so I kinda cheated in the end :shifty: