NBA 2K10 / Live 10

jrtdot

Nbalive10_cover.jpgNBA_2K10_Cover.jpg

I have NBA Live 09, I thought it was a major step in the right direction for EA, but what really puts me off is the glitches. I do however love the day to day updates and flow of the game. Aswell I loved the online stuff for Live and I hope they can somewhat expand on that and Be a Pro which is nothing like the NHL EA Sports ones. But from what I hear 2K is still King for NBA from the last couple games.

The covers for both look great. Live looks pretty gritty, which might be their theme this year with the NHL and the other EA Sports games.

I am pretty excited for both games to really expand upon last year!

Live 10:

Edited by jrtdot

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted the Kobe in the Knicks vest to win the cover comp for NBA 2K10... but I think it was rigged. <_<

I've played the NBA 2K series since the 'next-gen' consoles came out. Prior to that I played EA's offerings and they were pretty horrid on the PS2. They might have improved but I'm sticking with what I know. Plus 2K10 is only gonna be 30 quid on Play.com.

I've played one NBA 2K game and that was many years ago on the PS2. I usually get NBA Live and I enjoyed 09 but got frustrated the more I played with the animations and button responsiveness. Hopefully they fix that up a bit for 10. I'll be getting it regardless, Dwight Howard is on the cover!

• 1 month later...

The NBA Live 10 soundtrack: http://www.ea.com/music/the-official-nba-live-10-soundtrack

no big songs from what I can see like 09 version but sounds good enough

And here's an image of the new Player's Gym

HangarAngleShot.jpg

And here's a blog on some of the new visual features: http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/200...ga-like-us.aspx

and here's the trailer at the first look of the gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGZoz-qvv-w

Doubt that collectors edition will make it to the UK in much of a hurry (and besides, I have more games now than would fit in the locker) so I shall be pre-ordering it from Play as it's only £30 there anyway. I can only imagine Dwight is even more immense in this years than he was last year, in which case he is going to be phenomenal.

SO psyched for this game. Along with Uncharted 2/FIFA 10 this Autumn can't come soon enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a reserve on 2k10 the other day, which is probably useless but whatever.

All I really hope for is to have a D-League in Franchise mode. Too many times do I draft rookies in the second round that just go nowhere, good potential rating or not, because they just sit on reserves all season. After the 2-year team option, there usually off my team. Hopefully it could also progress the young free agents as well, because usually they just sit there and do nothing. It's good to hear that they licensed it for "My Player," just hope it finds its way to Franchise mode. I probably won't be a big player of "My Player" unless they revamp the create-a-player mode.

Anyway, I'm getting this game regardless. I've promised myself that the NBA 2k series is now going to be the only sports video games I will get annually from now on.

• 4 weeks later...

NBA Live 10 demo is now available. It's a significant change from last year's game, for the better I think, although it will take some getting used to as a few of the controls have changed. You get to play two quarters between the Magic and Lakers. I was Orlando for the only game I've played so far, had a good battle but VC's bucket with 5.3 seconds left was too early and Kobe Bryant drained a 3-pointer for a buzzer-beating victory.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm very happy that everyone's not 80+. That pissed me off tremendously. From what I can tell, defense plays a huge role in these ratings, and that's always a good thing. For example, rashard Lewis is B A- in the offensive categories and still only a 75.

Also, this makes me feel better that my guy in Draft Combine is only a 44 >_>

• 2 weeks later...