NBA 2K10 / Live 10

jrtdot

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played 2K9 a lot, and it did not feel that slow. I might see if there is a demo for Live to try.

There's... these things called sliders. Did you try those?

And to be honest, 2K10 was slowed down because 2K9 was TOO fast. 2K10 definitely recreates basketball better than 2K9. It's subtle, but it's noticeable.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else mightily suck at My Player in 2K10? I'm doing really well in any game mode, but in this one, I can't do anything right. Yeah, my player's overall is like 40, but still, I can't do nothing right, and the opposition just annihilates me. I don't score, can't defend well, always get F for team rating... Any hints, fellow players?

• 2 weeks later...

Practice mode man, it will help. Once you get the gist of how you can move with the ball and without the ball, you'll get better and better. Pretty much, pretend like you're actually playing a game of basketball and think to yourself what the best move would be. When I first started playing in My Player, I sucked something mighty as well. But after playing for a bit, calming down when I play and just letting things happen naturally, I began to do much better. I usually lead my team in scoring, I finish with at least an A- every game and usually am the player of the game in the D-League. As for the pros, I only had a tryout with the Jazz so far and did decent, but I didn't get a contract due to too many fouls.

Take your shots wisely, if you're not open, don't shot the ball and when you're doing layups, make sure you have a good lane to get to the basket before trying to shoot. On the flip side, your team's AI is going to be horrible. They'll take shots they shouldn't, they won't pass you the ball when you're open, so make sure you call for the ball when you're in a good position. Don't leave the game in the hands of others unless you adjust the AI first or are sure they're in a position to score when you pass them the ball.

My only gripe about this game is the AI, they seem extremely stupid when playing with you. I'm constantly setting up plays yet they can never follow through and anytime I'm taking out of the game and my team is winning, when I'm subbed back in, we're usually losing. My Player is great but at the same time it's very frustrating. It seems like 2K10 more or less puts you in negative positions and wants you to get out of them rather than having you create the situation and either succeeding or failing.

It's kind of a weird dynamic of the game and the only other thing that bothers me is the time it takes to get from one event to the other. Like when a timeout occurs, it takes for ever to skip through it and it takes for ever just to get your people in position to throw the blasted ball in. These things aren't so bad, but put that together with the frustration of having a horrible team to play with and still trying to figure out how to play great defense and it becomes quite an upsetting situation. Fun game, but it seems like games are trying to over complicate things now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've played 2K10 more and like it now.

I played through a year as the Knicks. Managed to corral three first round picks while trading Al Harrington among others to go with my massive cap space. Kept David Lee and Nate Robinson on decent deals. Too bad Dwayne, Bosh and LeBron all opted to take their player options. Best player available was T-Mac. So, I am restarting as a decent team.

Yeah, a crew on the PS3 would be nice, no doubt about that.

Toe, you could have waited one year and get Melo. He never signs with the Nuggets

I started as the Warriors now, and decided to not sign any free agent to be a starter. Three seasons in, Monta Ellis and Curry are both 20 points and 10 assists per game players. My starters have been the same for 3 seasons, with Curry-Ellis-Magette-Johnson-Biedrins. I did get Ben Wallace as a back-up centre and drafted E. Davis (PF) who is now rated 78 overall. I am the 3rd ranked team in the West and the highest scoring team in the NBA.

I sim half my games, but this line-up is too fun to play with to sim.

• 2 months later...

My friend has Live, and I've played it. And it seems like (to me) like a rehash of '09 with "updated rosters" and so called "improvements." I have not played 2k10 yet, but from what I read, it keeps you interested. (With My Player & Dynasty) Even though it has its problems. And for being $20 less, I don't think you could beat that.

But, but, but... The only thing I wonder about is that I have NCAA Basketball 10 and I wonder if I would want to upload the rosters to Live 10. Doesn't really seem like a big deal to me though, but it would be cool.

And I don't mean to get off-track here, but from what I have heard, EA Sports will not be doing NCAA Basketball 11 and that 10 was going to be the last one. I think 2k Sports could run with a college basketball game, if they do decide to take over that market. I mean why not? You can have "My Player" work his way up from college, to d-league, summer camps, training camps to eventually the big leagues. (or something like that)

Edited by Disturbed

Yes, you may be able to import draft classes in Live, but in NBA2k10, you can download the real life draft classes. So you can draft John Wall and Evan Turner into your dynasty. Or you can go through and edit your own draft class. Or let the computer random one up for you.

EDIT: That's not saying that you can't do that in Live, because I don't know. But I know for a fact you can in 2k10.