NBA 2K10 / Live 10

jrtdot

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if I had to buy one of the two, which would you people recommend?, I used to always be a Live fan but I'm really intrigued by the Be A Pro mode in 2k10, sounds similar to Campus Legend and such in NCAA football, is this correct?

Opinions please would be awesome...

• 4 weeks later...

So if I had to buy one of the two, which would you people recommend?, I used to always be a Live fan but I'm really intrigued by the Be A Pro mode in 2k10, sounds similar to Campus Legend and such in NCAA football, is this correct?

Opinions please would be awesome...

Going strictly off game play and graphics, I'd suggest 2K10. The feel of the game is absurdly realistic to how an actual pro basketball is played. Live 10, it just doesn't have that feel and visually, it looks cartoonish compared to 2K10.

Been playing this, in an Association with the Bulls.

Playing with Rose is amazing, he's averaging 20 + APG, and just beat the NBA Record for most assists in a game (31, in a blowout against the Spurs)

Haven't played that much in myplayer, but is fun

Stop playing in rookie difficulty and showing off in every single forum you are registered:w00t:.

For no reason whatsoever I just picked up Live 10 today which'llbe the first basketball game I've owned since the mighty NBA Live '96 on the Megadrive which my brother and I played to death - him as the Jordan-inspired Bulls and me as the Stockton/Malone Utah Jazz machine.

Anyway played the demo to this and it was groovy enough so thought meh, big gap in my collection for an American sports game so might as well.

Oddly I turned down Dirt 2, Tekken 6, Winning Eleven (although I'll be getting that sent from England), Bayonetta and Infamous which came out finally in Japan today...in order to get Live 10.....Oh well, my mind is weird sometimes.

Also picked up an 8gb memory stick for my PSP for £25....So I can download Footy Manager 2010. I've decided to get it on PSP this year as I'm much more likely to play it on my travels and between lessons...It's gonna kill my spare time.

Also, got caught in a long queue buying these cos the new PS3 slim 120gb bundle with Winning Eleven came out today and everyone in Nagoya seems to be buying it. But then at the equivalent of £150 I'm not surprised.

Been playing this, in an Association with the Bulls.

Playing with Rose is amazing, he's averaging 20 + APG, and just beat the NBA Record for most assists in a game (31, in a blowout against the Spurs)

Haven't played that much in myplayer, but is fun

Stop playing in rookie difficulty and showing off in every single forum you are registered:w00t:.

I'm not playing in rookie, just to your information. And yes, i'm a show-off :pervert:

I managed to get 15 to 20 assists per game over a five game stretch with Calderon in NBA 2K9. His average at the end of the season was roughly 10 points and 10 assists per game.

Edited by Toe

My problem with this game is in career mode (2k10 that is).

I play my ole as a point guard well. I rack up no less than 9 assists a game, I lockdown on defense, etc. But I'm not a scoring machine, I just look for other people to score unless I have a good shot. I average a B+ team grade per game, but I constantly get "cut" from my d-League team and resigned to it. Come to find out, its because scoring is a crucial part to going pro...that's not the style of play I've built myself up at, I figured someone that can dish out assists would be just as valuable. apparently I was wrong.

Grr, all the menus are in Japanese. Very annoying. Still, I'll be able to play matches, just can't understand dynasty mode. I haven't had much time to play it but just started a FIBA tournament as "England" although the team is Great Britain. Classy.

I can't believe Britain still have John Amaechi playing. He must be about 50 by now....We're dooooomed >_<

My problem with this game is in career mode (2k10 that is).

I play my ole as a point guard well. I rack up no less than 9 assists a game, I lockdown on defense, etc. But I'm not a scoring machine, I just look for other people to score unless I have a good shot. I average a B+ team grade per game, but I constantly get "cut" from my d-League team and resigned to it. Come to find out, its because scoring is a crucial part to going pro...that's not the style of play I've built myself up at, I figured someone that can dish out assists would be just as valuable. apparently I was wrong.

That sucks, because I was going to try the same thing - be an undersized point guard focused on creating scoring chances for my teammates. I am not much for getting around defences in these games anyway, I am more of a outside shooter.

I'm really enjoying 2K10. Though it was a bad time to get the game with so much else coming out. The presentation is fantastic with all the little special graphics for holidays and stuff. I fired up a franchise with the Knicks and am having a blast with it. I traded away Eddie Curry and a 1st round pick to the Cavs for Big Z. I really needed a centre which made up for the fact I was losing a pick. It balanced out though after the Jazz offered me Okur and their first round pick for Al Harrington. Harrington was basically dead weight and a big contract. Easily replaced by Milicic and Hill. Gallinari is a beast in the game. I'm easily getting 28-35 points a game with him. Sadly his my only real scorer as I've last my last few games.

I am glad I did not buy NBA 2K10 yet. I just downloaded the demo and I don't like the game. The players all feel so slow and to me, they move like they are in quick sand. The shooting is still good, but I feel there is a delay between me wanting to shoot and my player actually shooting. The presentation is fan-dabi-dozi and the graphics are good, but the gameplay just is not there for me.

I am glad I did not buy NBA 2K10 yet. I just downloaded the demo and I don't like the game. The players all feel so slow and to me, they move like they are in quick sand. The shooting is still good, but I feel there is a delay between me wanting to shoot and my player actually shooting. The presentation is fan-dabi-dozi and the graphics are good, but the gameplay just is not there for me.

I know what you mean. I've always preferred Live's gameplay over 2K's but I'm quite liking this years game. It's a bit hard to get used to and I still can't do moves in the paint very well but it's fun.