King of Trios Tournament: Round 2, Match 1

JStarr

King of Trios Fan Voting  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which entry should be the winner?

• Entry #1
    • Entry #2

First, the rules.

It's Royal Rumble time for 2007. The show has ended, and we have our Rumble winner. Your challenge is to show the rise of this champion up to Wrestlemania, where they win the World Title of their show. The contendership MUST remain valid during this run.

What you have to book:

Clipped Match: The ending of the Royal Rumble from the "Final Four" to the victory of your winner. (NOTE: The winner MUST be a person on WWE television at some point during the 2006-07 "season".)

Promo: A promo during any point of the "Road to Wrestlemania" where your winner cuts a promo on their brand's champion at the time.

Video: A video to be played at Wrestlemania, detailing the rise of the winner during the Road to Wrestlemania.

Match: The end match between the brand's champion (Lashley for ECW, Cena for Raw, Batista for Smackdown) and the Rumble winner, where the Rumble winner wins the title.

Sounds easy, huh? Well, there are three little extras to the rule:

1) The winner of the Royal Rumble MUST choose to stay on the same show that they came into the Rumble on (hence, a Raw guy will challenge for the Raw title, a Smackdown guy challenges for the Smackdown title, an ECW guy challenges for the ECW title.)

2) The winner of the Royal Rumble CANNOT change their gimmick following their victory.

And, oh yeah, the most important rule for this:

3) Each participant gets to select his opponent's Royal Rumble winner.

================================================================================

Entry #1:

Sweet Chin Music! MVP hits the mat like a ton of bricks, but a Superkick to the chin won't win it for Shawn Michaels tonight. He attempts to pick Porter up himself, but instead, he opts to roll him closer to the ropes.

Across the ring, Kane is struggling to eliminate The Undertaker. The Dead Man has one leg hanging over the top rope, and Kane has a hold of the other leg, attempting to get it off the ground.

Michaels is able to get a still dazed MVP to his feet, and leans him up in the corner. Shawn uses his body to get underneath the legs of MVP. As Shawn drapes Porter's legs over the ropes, MVP snaps out of his daydream and grabs the turnbuckle and rope, trying to avoid elimination.

Kane, still struggling to eliminate the Undertaker, hits a right hand to the jaw and makes a b-line straight for MVP and the Heartbreak Kid. Michaels see's Kane, but isn't quick enough to react, as Kane Clotheslines Michaels over the top rope, taking MVP over with him.

"Bah Gawd! Kane took out MVP and Mr. WrestleMania, Shawn Michaels all by himself!" Jim Ross screams over hundreds of thousands of television sets across the world.

Michael Cole pipes in, "It's down to Smackdown's Undertaker and Kane! The Brothers of Destruction! Which one is going to WrestleMania?"

After the double elimination, Kane turns to face his brother, who has finally reached his feet. The two stand across the ring from each other, sizing the other up. Undertaker takes control with his strikes, driving Kane toward the ropes. 'Taker throws one of his brother’s legs over the ropes and attempts to lift the other. Kane grabs hold of the top rope with one hand and throws his other hand into the Undertaker's back.

Undertaker backs up a step and attempts to shove Kane the rest of the way out using his momentum. Once 'Taker gets to Kane, Kane hits an uppercut right in the jaw. With the Dead Man dazed from the hit, Kane is able to throw his leg back over the rope and back into the ring.

Kane gets the upper hand and Irish Whips 'Taker into the ropes. Kane goes for a Clothesline, but Undertaker ducks it and hits the ropes on the opposite side of the ring. As Kane turns around he gets hit with a Flying Clothesline!

The Dead Man once again lifts Kane up and takes him into the corner, unloading several boxing style punches into the body. Kane stops the assault with a knee to the midsection. The two have been in the ring for well over forty minutes each at this point and it's more than showing, as they trade right hands. Undertaker is able to hit a knee to the stomach now. 'Taker pushes Kane into the corner and unleashes several rapid fist into the midsection of the Big Red Machine, once again.

'Taker twists Kane's arm and makes his way up to the top turnbuckle, as the crowd says in unison "Old School!" Undertaker makes it halfway out on the rope, but before he can jump off, Kane sends his body full force into the Dead Man and sends him to the ground bellow! Kane stumbles to stand, but then realizes he has won the Royal Rumble!

"He's done it! He's done it!" Michael Cole finally interrupts the steady Jim Ross commentary, as Smackdown's own, Big Red Machine holds his arms in the air, victorious.

"Kane is going to WrestleMania!" Tazz adds on.

================================================================================

A piece of parchment paper, with the only thing written on it

“Royal Rumble

January 28, 2007”

Embers burn their way up the paper, revealing video footage of Kane’s final elimination in the Royal Rumble and his celebration amidst the screaming of millions of adoring fans.

Michael Cole’s voice interjects the moment from the announce table screaming “He’s done it! He’s done it!”

Tazz pipes in, “Kane is going to WrestleMania!”

Another piece of parchment paper unrolls over the screen.

“The following Smackdown”

This parchment burns up as well, revealing more footage. The Great Khali looks ready to crush Batista’s head with a set of heavy steel steps as the World Champion lies on the mat. The ring posts erupt into flames and down to the ring runs “The Big Red Machine” Kane, knocking the steps into Khali’s face with a Big Boot. Khali is cleared from the ring by Kane who then goes to help up Batista… but instead picks up the World Heavyweight Championship. The screen fades out.

As we fade back in, we see a match-up poster with Kane and Batista on one side as a team, and the other side against The Great Khali and the man Kane defeated in an Inferno Match only a month prior, Montel Vontavious Porter. Batista saves Kane from a Choke Bomb via a steel chair shot to the back of Khali, getting their team disqualified. MVP tries to get in on the action but finds himself the victim of a big Kane Chokeslam. The Great Khali apparently doesn’t let a little chair shot ruin his night, as we fast forward a few minutes to Batista accidently hitting Kane with a Spear, but gets his head back into the game enough to nail Khali with a Spinebuster to end the show standing tall with his title belt.

In a special attraction on RAW, Batista went one-on-one with Shawn Michaels, who was trying to earn his way to a WrestleMania title shot of his own against John Cena. As Batista sets Shawn Michaels between his legs, making his thumbs-up/thumbs-down motion for the Batista Bomb, the lights go out… BOOM! The ring posts erupt into an inferno, bringing light back to the arena but Kane stands behind Batista with a long chain attached to a big iron hook! The slow, tension-building opening to O Fortuna kicks in and blocks out all other sounds as we watch Kane choke the life out of Batista with the chain. This fades to Kane bashing Shawn Michaels repeatedly in the face with the hook and digging into his forehead with the point until he’s a bloody mess. Kane puts the exclamation point on the night with a Chokeslam on Batista and his trademark corner pyros.

O Fortuna quiets down as we find ourselves watching a segment on the last Smackdown before No Way Out, where Kane is talking to General Manager Theodore Long. Kane demands that his match with Batista at WrestleMania be a No Holds Barred Match but Long states that it’s up to Batista. Kane argues that Batista will refuse, because he’s hoping their match ends in Disqualification so he can keep his title! Long states that if Kane can defeat Shawn Michaels at No Way Out, their match will be a No Holds Barred Match. Later that night, Batista has a promo interrupted by a mass of rushing security and EMT’s. Batista follows the crowd to find his old friend, Rey Mysterio, spitting out buckets of blood, strung upside down with his feet wrapped in a steel chain, and the word “Accept” written on his stomach in grease paint.

Written in fire across a lawn lighting up the dark sky

“No Way Out”

We watch a highlight reel of Shawn Michaels fighting valiantly against Kane as O Fortuna picks back up with its intensity to set to 11. Michaels hits signature move after signature move but Kane continues to sit up and break the rules, slamming Michaels on the outside of the ring and into the ring post, edging closer and closer to a disqualification. The referee goes down in the fight and as Kane hoists The Heartbreak Kid onto his shoulder for a Tombstone, Batista slides into the ring! Kane drops Michaels but he’s too late and is nailed with a Spear! Michaels takes the win with a Sweet Chin Music, officially earning him his WrestleMania World Title opportunity against John Cena. Later in the night Kane makes sure his WrestleMania opponent is Batista when he blasts the Champion’s opponent, The Great Khali with his big iron hook, then proceeds to Chokeslam Batista through the announce table! Kane closes out the Pay-Per-View on the ominous image of him pouring gasoline all over the champion.

A montage of violence and chaos is flashed before us, including Matt Hardy being bloodied by Kane. Batista, jaw drawn, standing in front of his Mercedes-Benz which is ablaze in the parking lot. Batista cracking Kane over the unprotected skull with a steel chair. Kane, a bloody mess and laughing. Batista handcuffed to the ropes as Kane teases him with a blow torch. The final piece of footage just as the music dies out: Batista leaning over the ropes with a microphone in hand, yelling to Kane “No Holds Barred!? I accept!”

Kane stands over the bloody body of Matt Hardy, pulling him up by the head onto his knee's. Hardy is busted open and has blood running all down his face, blood which Kane wipes his hand across and then let's Hardy drop to the floor. Kane gets up and smears the blood across his chest, laughing evilly.

"Batista... Batista...!" Kane continues to laugh, though turning his attention towards the TitanTron "Where are you, little piggy? Why don't you come out and play? Batista, ever since I won the Royal Rumble, you've done nothing but run from me. You call yourself "The Animal?", well what kind of Animal are you!? Are you... are you, a Lion... or are you a mouse?" Kane starts to laugh to himself before looking back up. "I can't really decide. On the one hand... You're so proud, Batista. So very proud of all that you've accomplished. You rose up out of the ashes of Evolution, from under the shadow of Triple H... You went on to win the World Heavyweight Championship. And because of that... You're filled with pride. You're proud of yourself, Batista. Proud of what you've become, what you've accomplished. That's why I thought that you might be a Lion."

Kane looks as if he is about to laugh again, but that laugh turns into a look of disgust.

"But ever since I grabbed the throats of twenty-nine other men at the Royal Rumble, and sent them crashing down to the cold, hard, floor outside... Ever since then, I've seen a different side of you, Animal. We've seen a different side of you. You're not the beast you once were. No, you've grown weak, Batista. WEAK! You've lost your anger, you've become contempt to just sit on the side lines, with your prize in your hand. You've lost that passion, the wild streak that made you The Animal in the first place! And do you know why, you lost it Batista? Because it's been so long, since you've faced another Animal. Since you've faced, a MONSTER. All the things I've done to you, all the harm I've caused you and those around you... It's been for one reason, and one reason only. When I face you at WrestleMania, when I step into the ring to claim the gold that I should've tasted long, long ago... I don't want to face Batista "The Frightened Mouse"! I want to face The Animal. I want to face the man, that single handedly tore Triple H apart. I want to face the man, that almost killed The Big Show. I don't want Batista... I want, THE ANIMAL!"

Kane stops for a moment, taking a second to calm down.

"And this... this is all the direct result of that. All that I've done to Matt Hardy here... all that I've done to your friend, Rey Mysterio. It was because of you, Batista. Because you settled down. Because you stopped being The Animal. Because you made 'friends'. MONSTERS LIKE YOU AND I, WE DON'T GET TO HAVE FRIENDS, BATISTA! You're a beast, just like me. You can pretend all you like, but inside, inside you're as dark as I am. When you get in the ring, you don't want to just win, you want to hurt people! I know you do! I can sense it! Because I do too, Batista. You relish in the same pain that you cause other's that I do. That's The Animal I want to face at WrestleMania! The beast!"

Kane looks up once more.

"Become The Animal, Batista. Because if you don't... You'll lose more than just your World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania. You'll lose EVERYTHING. You'll lose your career, you'll lose your friends... your ability to move anything below your neck..."

Kane laughs once more.

"And your Pride, Batista. I'm going to rip it from your cold, dead body, and raise it high above my head. Maybe then, when you've lost everything... you'll become The Animal."

No Holds Barred, World Heavyweight Championship: “The Animal” Batista © vs. “The Big Red Machine” Kane

As the hype video comes to an end, Lillian Garcia announces “it’s now time for our World Heavyweight Championship contest! The following match will be under No Holds Barred rules, meaning, anything goes! Introducing first, the challenger…” BOOM! The flames erupt on the stage so tall it appears to catch the WrestleMania logo ablaze! “The Big Red Machine, Kane!” Kane makes his way down to the ring, basking in the red glow of the lights and “Slow Chemical” by Finger Eleven nearly drowning out the jeers from the crowd. Kane steps over the top rope with ease and makes his way to the center of the ring. Kane slowly raises his hand to the sky, summoning his mysterious dark forces, then in one swift motion, throws them down sending the ring posts into a towering inferno! The lights turn back to normal as Lillian Garcia continues, “and his opponent, the reigning World Heavyweight Champion…” The opening riffs to “I Walk Alone” by Saliva bring the crowd to their feet! Jogging out onto the stage in sync with the announcing of his name, “The Animal, BATISTA!” Batista heads toward the edge, motivating the fans to stand up, then heads back to center-stage. Batista gets into position and like a military madmen, mimes a gun turret in harmonization with a wide array of fireworks that go off behind him. Batista heads to the ring and steps through the ropes, locking eyes with his enemy. Batista turns away only a moment to mound the second rope in the corner, raising his World Championship in the air and garnering a big pop from those in attendance. Batista steps down and hands off the belt to the official, who shows it to Kane, then raises it into the air. The referee hands it off to a staff member at ringside for keeps during the match course, then calls for the bell.

The two behemoths grapple and jockey for position in the ring as Michael Cole reminds us that this is the first World Championship bout to be contested under No Disqualification rules since WrestleMania X-7 when Stone Cold Steve Austin defeated The Rock. Batista sees that he’s slowly losing ground he transitions to a Side Headlock. Kane throws Batista off the ropes with enough momentum that as Batista comes charging back the two collide with a shoulder block that staggers Kane back, but doesn’t knock him down. Batista gives his shoulder a hearty pat as though it were a trusty weapon, then challenges Kane to give him a Shoulder Block. Kane, not typically one for machismo games agrees tonight and bounces off the ropes, giving Batista a taste, but much like himself Batista is only knocked back a few feet from his standing ground. Now to see who’s really got what in them, both men bounce off opposing ropes and smash into each other like a head-on car crash, sending Batista flying backward into a corner where he falls against the turnbuckle and putting Kane down on all fours.

Needing a new way to tell who the truly better “big man” in the industry was, Kane and Batista tied up once more, this time with the seasoned veteran Kane taking control with an Arm Wrench. Batista made up for where he lacked in experience with scary strength, countering Kane’s Arm Wrench with an Arm Wrench of his own, and floating that into a Hammerlock. Kane struggled in the move for only a moment before reaching back and hooking his opponent’s head, locking him in a Side Headlock and bringing him to the mat with a Headlock Takeover. Batista showed he could be just as technically versatile as his opponent, escaping the Grounded Headlock with a Leg Scissors holds but Kane wriggled his bald head free, bringing both men to their feet.

Ditching his catch-as-catch-can strategy, Kane met Batista as he stood with a boot to the gut, then drilled him with a rough Scoop Slam. Kane bounced off the ropes and leaped into the air for an Elbow Drop but Batista rolled out dodge! Both men pull themselves up quickly and Batista now gives Kane a Scoop Slam. The crowd applauds “The Animal” for his show of strength against his larger opponent and he soaks up every minute of it. Kane is sent rocking back into the ropes with a few heavy rights from Batista but he manages to reverse the Irish Whip. Batista ducks the first thrown Clothesline from Kane and rebounds off the other set of ropes. Kane goes for the Big Boot but Batista stops short and catches the foot, then tosses it aside and blasts Kane with a Clothesline that leaves him gasping for air on the mat. Batista pulls Kane back up to his feet and hammers him with punches until he’s driven into the corner. Kane tries to cover up his face from the blows but Batista merely changes targets, driving his meaty shoulder into Kane’s ribs over and over. Batista backs off and a hurting Kane staggers out of the corner into a boot to the gut and a tremendous Vertical Suplex, displaying again how strong the champion truly is!

As soon as Batista begins to pull himself up he’s got a smile on his face, but that smile disappears as he sees his opponent eerily sit up, unfazed by the brutality he’s received. Kane rolls over to rise but Batista clubs him over the back with his forearm. Batista whips Kane across the ring and goes for a Hip Toss but it’s blocked. Kane trades positions with Batista, going for a Hip Toss of his own but Batista now blocks the move. Improvising from close range, Kane practically takes his opponents head off with a Clothesline! Kane pulls Batista up and whips him off the ropes, catching him with a big Sidewalk Slam and floating into a Rear Naked Choke on the champion. Batista reaches from the ropes in his horizon but needs the fuel of the crowd to bring him back in control. The crowd begins rhythmically clapping along with Batista’s foot stamps but as Kane realizes that Batista’s coming back to life, he breaks his own submission and gives Batista a few punches to the back of the neck. Batista rolls off toward the ropes but a boot upside the head sends him tumbling through them to the concrete floor. Kane walks around the perimeter of the ring, taking a breather and flashing a twisted smile of pleasure as the crowd lays into him.

As Kane goes to reach through the ropes for his opponent he gets a face full of icy smoke from a fire extinguisher, courtesy of “The Animal”! Batista slides back into the ring and clears Kane’s cobwebs with a few right hands that backs him into the ropes. Batista charges across the ring, bouncing off the ropes for extra momentum then sends him blinded opponent clear over the top rope with a Clothesline! Batista steps through the ropes, dropping to the floor and grabs hold of Kane, hurling him head-first into the barricade. Kane tries to get away and clear his eyes but as he staggers toward the announce table he finds himself giving the wood a kiss with an assist from the champion. Batista grabs hold of his opponent’s wrist and gives him a strong Irish Whip shoulder-first into the steel steps, dislodging the top set and nearly sending it into the overcastting hands of some fans. Batista retrieves the steel steps and hoists it over his head, waiting for “The Big Red Machine” to pull himself up. Batista charges and uses the steps like a battering ram, bludgeoning Kane in the face with them to the roar of the crowd. Batista tosses down his weapon and rolls Kane back into the ring, sliding in after him and making a pin attempt to no avail.

Batista crouches down in the corner, waiting for Kane to rise so he can break him in half. Kane makes it to his feet and Batista bolts across the ring looking for a Spear but runs into a big throat thrust, sending him staggering right back in the opposite direction. Batista rests in the corner, holding his throat but refocuses when he sees Kane charging, tripping him with a Drop Toe Hold which sends Kane face-first into the middle turnbuckle. Batista pulls Kane up and hammers him with a few punches, then whips him across the ring to the opposing corner. Batista charges and nails a sandwiching Clothesline, but pre-accepting the impact and planning ahead, Kane also grabs Batista by the throat as they meet! Batista backtracks while strangled but manages to break Kane’s grip with an Axe Handle Smash to the elbow. Batista bounces off the ropes for a running attack but takes a Big Boot to the face, sending him rolling back toward the ring apron, presumably to obtain an easy rope break if needed for a pin. Kane exits the ring and hangs Batista’s head over the ring apron, nailing him with several dazing punches. Kane hops onto the ring apron and jumps off, nearly breaking the champion’s neck with a falling Clothesline! Batista kicks and flails his legs, maneuvering his whole body onto the ring apron. Kane slides back inside, proud of his work, then helps Batista to his feet on the other side of the ropes. Kane chokes Batista over the top rope, keeping him on the defensive with some clubbing blows to the back, then steps through the ropes on the other side of the nearby corner. Kane ascends to the top rope and takes flight, hitting Batista across the back with a Flying Clothesline that bounces him back into the ring! Kane hooks the leg: 1! 2! No! Batista somehow gets the shoulder up!

Kane rolls back out of the ring and begins fishing around underneath the ring apron, unsheathing his steel chain and big hook from his movie See No Evil! Kane slides into the ring, sinister smile ear-to-ear and wraps the chain around his fist. Batista makes it to his feet and Kane charges but runs right into a Spinebuster! The crowd jumps up screaming! Batista hooks the leg as the crowd counts along! 1! 2! NO!! Kane somehow kicks out! But Batista is back, baby! The champ is up and he’s got the chain now! Batista uses the steel chain like a whip across Kane’s back, sending him rolling around screaming in agony. Batista walks around the ring, raising the chain in the air and drawing in the crowd but Kane sits up again! BAM! Batista puts Kane back down with the blunt part of the hook to the head! Batista sits Kane up and wraps the chain around his neck, choking the life out him! If that wasn’t enough, Batista takes the hook and LITERALLY Fish hooks Kane’s mouth! Kane kicks and screams, and it’s all legal! Batista isn’t done yet shocking the crowd. “The Animal” steps through the ropes and heads to higher ground. Kane makes it to his feet… FLYING SHOULDER BLOCK FROM BATISTA! MICHAEL COLE HAS NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT! Batista is up and he’s swallowed down a thousand years of anger! He grabs the ropes and stomps his feet. ULTIMATE WARRIOR BATISTA!

Batista steps away from the ropes with a the double thumbs up as the crowd is about to blow the roof off of the arena! THUMBS DOWN, KANE! Boot to the gut of “The Big Red Machine” but he refuses to be lifted for the Batista Bomb! Kane counters with a Fireman’s Carry position, then tosses Batista’s legs off, putting the champion in a Powerslam. Tazz calls for the Tombstone coming up but Batista slips out the back door and shoves Kane into the corner. WHAM! Clothesline that sucks the life out of the challenger! Batista mounts the second rope and begins unloading on Kane with a flurry of blows to the face! Hot shot onto the top turnbuckle! Down goes the champion! Kane rolls out of the ring and drags Batista by the head toward the ring post. Kane takes a step back and crushes his head against the ring post with a Big Boot! Batista rolls back into the center of the ring holding his neck and in slides the challenger. Kane helps Batista to his feet then goozles him! CHOKESLAM STRAIGHT TO HELL! Kane makes the cover!

1! 2! NO!! NOTHING IN KANE’S ARSENAL CAN KEEP BATISTA DOWN! KANE IS IRATE!

Kane pulls Batista back to his feet and goozles him again for a second Chokeslam, locking eyes and gritting his teeth with his opponent. Change of plans! Kane hoists Batista up! TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER! KANE HOOKS BOTH LEGS! 1! 2! 3! WE HAVE A NEW WORLD HEAVWYEIGHT CHAMPION! SMACKDOWN’S FUTURE HAS NEVER LOOKED DARKER!

Winner: “The Big Red Machine” Kane, and new World Heavyweight Champion (22:44)

Entry #2:

WWE Royal Rumble 2007!

Live from the AT&T Center in San Antonio, TX

Royal Rumble Match Joined In Progress

Jim Ross: And we're down to the final four! Edge! The Undertaker! Chavo Guerrero! Randy Orton!

Jerry Lawler: One of these men is going to Wrestlemania, JR. It's just a matter of time, now.

Michael Cole: Guys, I just have to say that I am shocked that Chavo is still in there. He has hung on through so many attempted eliminations tonight.

As the four men circle each other, Edge and Orton look at each other, and nod, and then both attack The Undertaker. Chavo Guerrero joins in, and the three men beat on the deadman. Orton and Chavo grab Taker by each arm and hold him up, and Edge hits the ropes, then Spears Taker to the mat! Edge, Chavo, and Orton all slap hands...and Undertaker sits up to a huge pop from the San Antonio crowd. Taker quickly stands up, staring a hole in the three men across the ring. Chavo runs in, but is met with a throat thrust. Orton tries to run in as well, but Taker big boots him in the head. He turns to Edge, who backs up, but Taker comes after him. Edge dropkicks the leg, dropping Taker to one knee, then hits the ropes, but as he's coming back, Taker grabs him by the throat! He pushes Edge into the ropes, trying to force him over, but Orton and Chavo attack to break it up.

As the three men again beat on Taker near the ropes, Edge yells at Chavo and Orton to hold Taker. They do, and Edge backs up, with a sadistic look in his eyes. Edge runs forward for another spear, but Taker shoves Chavo out of the way, then pulls Orton in front of Edge. Orton and Edge crack heads with enough force to send Orton tumbling over the top rope and to the floor! ELIMINATED: Randy Orton. Chavo grabs his head in shock, then rushes Taker, who scoops him up on his shoulder. Taker runs to the corner and hits a snake eyes onto the turnbuckle, then hits the ropes and big boots Chavo violently. As Chavo goes down and rolls into the corner, Taker turns around, and is met with a kick to the gut by Edge, who grabs Taker by the head and hits the Edgecution! With Taker down, Edge starts to roll him to the ropes, but is having difficulty. He yells for Chavo to help him, but Chavo is still down in the corner, so Edge pulls Taker up on the ropes and tries to force him out, but Taker elbows Edge in the face. Edge falls away, and Taker starts to come back with huge punches to the head.

Taker and Edge go back and forth with big right hands, but Taker has the easy advantage with punches, but Edge knees Taker in the gut. He grabs Taker by the arm and whips him into the ropes, looking for a back body drop, but Taker grabs him and DDTs him into the mat. Taker sits up, then stands up, looking around at the crowd, then does the throat slash motion! The crowd cheers as Taker picks Edge up by the hair, then flips him upside down for the Tombstone Piledriver! Edge starts to wiggle his legs, trying to escape, and Taker loses his balance, taking a few steps back. Taker braces his back against the top rope to prevent Edge from countering, as Edge continues to try to fight his way out of the move...when Chavo Guerrero runs over and grabs Taker by the leg, throwing him upwards! The momentum flips Taker, still holding Edge, out of the ring, and both men's feet hit the floor!!! ELIMINATED: Edge and The Undertaker.

Royal Rumble 2007 Winner: Chavo Guerrero

Jerry Lawler: WHAT?

Michael Cole: I don't believe it! Did...did we just see that?!?

Jim Ross: Ladies and Gentlemen, I can't believe I'm saying this...Chavo Guerrero just won the Royal Rumble! Chavo Guerrero is....Chavo Guerrero is going to Wrestlemania!!!

Edge and Taker have shocked looks on their faces on the floor, but it's nothing compared to the look on Chavo Guerrero's face in the ring. His eyes are wide, and his jaw looks to be nearly on the mat. Chavo just looks around at the crowd, then as the referee raises his arm, Chavo looks up at his own raised arm, and it all sinks in for him. He yells "YES!!" and starts pumping his fists in victory, dropping to his knees and pounding the mat, still yelling "YES". The crowd is in disbelief, but as Chavo celebrates, they all start booing. Chavo ignores the cheers, climbing each corner and looking to the sky, raising his arms up. We can see him mouthing "Thank you, Eddie" as he drops to one knee in the center of the ring, raising his arms to his side in his usual pose, then looks up at the Wrestlemania 23 sign hanging near the top of the arena. He smiles, and still on one knee, points with both hands at the sign, causing a massive pyrotechnics display to shoot off on the ceiling of the arena. Chavo basks in the moment as the pyro explodes all around the arena.

Jim Ross: Folks, we have witnessed one of the biggest upsets in Royal Rumble History!

Michael Cole: I cannot believe what we have seen. Chavo Guerrero! Chavo Guerrero has won the Royal Rumble! Chavo Guerrero has punched his ticket to the main event of Wrestlemania!

WWE Friday Night Smackdown

5 days after the Royal Rumble

The usual pyro for Smackdown goes off, and we pan around the arena. The announcers remain silent, and we cut to the ring, where Justin Roberts stands.

Justin Roberts: Ladies and Gentlemen. Please welcome the winner of the 2007 Royal Rumble, Chavo Guerrero!

OOOOOOH, CHAVO plays over the PA system. The crowd starts booing, as Chavo Guerrero walks from the back. He's wearing a traditional poncho and headband as he usually does, although the poncho has golden trim. He also has a huge smile on his face as he slowly walks to the ring to the boos from the crowd. He climbs the turnbuckle on the apron, looking around, then flips into the ring. He asks for the microphone from Justin Roberts, and as his music dies down, the boos become louder.

Chavo: Nobody said it could happen. Nobody even gave me a second glance. But it happened. I proved each and every one of you wrong. I am the WINNER of the Royal Rumble!

Huge boos from the crowd. Chavo continues to smile.

Chavo: I won the Royal Rumble. ANd as soon as I got to the back, everybody started asking me: who am I cashing in on? I could go to Raw and challenge that poser, John Cena. I could go to ECW and challenge that loser, Bobby Lashley. But everyone int he back has told me that challenging the champ here on Smackdown, Batista, would be like signing my own death warrant. It would be stupid to throw my title shot away against someone like Batista...which is why I'm here to CHALLENGE Batista for the World Heavyweight Championship!

Michael Cole: Wait, he's challenging Batista?

JBL: Cole, I've always known Chavo was a warrior...but I did not expect this!

Chavo: Allow me to remind everybody of something. Of just who I am. I...am a Guerrero. I am a member of the greatest wrestling family of all time. My father, Chavo Sr, has held belts around the entire world. My grandfather, Gory, is one of the most well respected wrestlers in Mexican History. And my uncle, Eddie...

Chavo pauses, then looks up.

Chavo: Eddie was one of the greatest wrestlers of all time. And I still idolize the man. I have spent the last few years trying to be like Eddie...

Chavo suddenly looks forward, right at the camera, looking intense.

Chavo: But now, I'm not going to do that. It's time for me to not be like Eddie, and concentrate on being CHAVO. I am the first and ONLY Third Generation Guerrero. I have trained under every single Guerrero, studied their technique, and mastered their moves. I incorporate a piece of every single member of the Guerrero Family into my repertoire. Do you know what that makes me? That makes me better than the rest of this locker room. That makes me the culmination of a family. That makes me the BEST Guerrero.

Chavo looks around as the crowd boos huge. A smile creeps back onto Chavo's face.

Chavo: Batista, I am not intimidated by you. You're bigger than me? Well wrestling is in my blood. And experience beats size any day of the week. I don't care if you're older than me...I've been wrestling since before you even considered becoming a wrestler. And Batista, it is my time! It is Chavo Guerrero's time to make his mark in the Guerrero family. And I will do it in a place no other Guerrero has....the main event of Wrestlemania.

Chavo's music hits again, and he drops to one knee, holding his arms up, then pointing at the Wrestlemania logo. The crowd is booing Chavo pretty loud, realizing how serious he is. As Chavo rolls out of the ring, he starts heading to the back, turning to the fans and making motions around his waist.

A neat graphic of the WWE Championship Match at Wrestlemania XXIII, between champion Batista, and challenger Chavo Guerrero, took us into the images and videos of Chavo's journey to the biggest stage of them all, the grandaddy of all professional wrestling events, Wrestlemania. The video opened with Chavo's very surprising victory in the 2007 Royal Rumble match, where he was clearly an underdog, as pointed out by JR on commentary, against a field of stars in Randy Orton, Edge, and The Undertaker. After Orton's elimination, the video fast forwarded to the end of the matchup, when The Undertaker had Edge positioned for the Tombstone Piledriver in the middle of the ring. In certainly an interesting turn of events, Edge was able to use all of his strength to push backwards and force The Undertaker into the ropes, where each man was now suddenly trying to eliminate the other, completely forgetting about Chavo Guerrero. And as they say, when two dogs strive for a bone, a third one runs away with it. Opportunistically, Chavo sprinted towards his opponents. And by simply pushing The Undertaker's legs, he was able to toss both of them over the top rope, and do the un-thinkable by becoming the winner of the 2007 Royal Rumble.

Michael Cole's words of a "destiny fulfilled" on the following edition of Smackdown! bring us to the sentimental promo in which Chavo Guerrero revealed that he would stay on Smackdown! to challenge the World Heavyweight Champion, Batista, at Wrestlemania. The melancholic theme of the background music suddenly became very angry, as Chavo Guerrero refused to embrace the legacy that his own family had created. Although Chavo admitted to have a lot of love and respect for his uncle Eddie, and for the rest of the Guerrero family, he appeared to have some seriously resentful feelings towards their success, and he saw this match at Wrestlemania as the perfect chance to separate himself from all other Guerreros, by doing what no other member of the family had ever done - win the World Championship in the main event of Wrestlemania.

The video forwarded to a few weeks later, at No Way Out, when Chavo Guerrero teamed with Batista to take on RAW's top dogs, WWE Champion John Cena and challenger Shawn Michaels, who were also the WWE Tag Team Champions. As the highlights of the match played, Michael Cole and JBL's praises towards Chavo Guerrero continued, and according to the announce duo, Chavo was truly establishing himself as a serious threat for the World Heavyweight Championship by competing at such a high level against such high level competition in Michaels and Cena. After a long, grueling tag team match, It seemed as if Smackdown!'s odd couple of Chavo and Batista were on their way to picking up the victory. Right after referee Charles Robinson was accidentally knocked out by a Sweet Chin Music, Shawn Michaels was taken out by a powerful spinebuster at the hands of the "Animal." Batista had the match in his grasp as he positioned John Cena for a sit-out powerbomb, but was taken by surprise when his own tag team partner nailed him with a vicious chair shot! The shot cracked Batista on the head, and allowed John Cena to lift the big man for an FU and pin him to gain the victory. It was clear that things were starting to heat up between the competitors in the World Title Match at Wrestlemania, as Batista looked as angry as he ever had, staring down a smirking Chavo Guerrero while he walked back up the ramp during the crowd's thunderous booes

Fast forward to next week, on Smackdown! and the World Heavyweight Champion was out for revenge on Chavo. The clip showed some comments Batista made about Chavo being the shame of the Guerrero Family, and not being worthy of even being called a Guerrero. As a matter of fact, according to the champ, if Eddie could see see what his nephew had become, he would be extremely disappointed. The hateful promo was quickly cut off, as Chavo Guerrero couldn't hear any more of it, and came down to the ring to confront "Animal." The two exchanged some words, but the climax of this confrontation came when Batista finally snapped and attacked Chavo Guerrero with a series of shots. The brawl surprisingly didn't go in anybody's favor, as both men exchanged shots until a legion of WWE staff members came down to break them up, and Chavo again continued to stand up to yet another obvious dis-advantage. Suddenly, it became so clear that this rivalry between the champion and the challenger became much more than a battle over the biggest prize in the business - it became personal.

The video took us to the following week on Smackdown!, as General Manager Theodore Long announced that both men who will be competing for the World Heavyweight Championship at Wrestlemania, would also be competing on that very night, with a twist - each man would select the man his Wrestlemania opponent would get to face on this night. A short clip of Batista's entrance, followed by that of Chavo's hand-picked opponent for him, The Undertaker, played. A grueling match, full of hard strikes and big hits, saw Batista just seconds away from picking up the win after dropping The Undertaker with a spinebuster. It didn't take long, though, for Chavo Guerrero to sprint into the ring and prevent Batista from waking out of this match as the victor, as he cracked him right on the back with a steel chair again. Although the referee quickly called for a disqualification, Batista's energy was so high that he did not even feel the solid thump he took with that steel chair. Instead, he turned, and clothelined the living hell out of Chavo Guerrero, sending him flying over the top rope. Before Batista could do much more damage, The Undertaker took him by surprise with a big boot that sent him into the ropes and bouncing back in the way of a chokeslam from the "Deadman." Despite the bell ringing repeatedly, The Undertaker continued the beatdown, and dropped Batista with a Tombstone Piledriver, as Chavo Guerrero cowardly watched from ringside with a huge smile on his face. Batista was shown accompanied to the back by the medics, obviously in a lot of pain. Chavo's smile was soon wiped off his face, as he was revealed to be competing against "The Big Red Machine" Kane. Despite Kane's dominance almost throughout, the match turned when Chavo nailed an undetected low blow, then followed up with a Frog Splash to pick up the victory, further establishing himself as a threat to Batista's belt, having taken out one of Smackdown!'s top big men in Kane. Chavo's celebration was cut short, however, as the World Heavyweight Champion came running out to the ramp, all bandaged up from the beating he received earlier that night. Batista was ready to fight, as he entered the ring and knocked Chavo around with a series of rights, followed by a clotheline and a signal for the Sit-Out Powerbomb. By the time the "Animal" turned, Chavo had crawled his way out of the ring, and was waving his arms, wanting nothing to do with the champ. But Batista was did not back down, and chased Chavo up the ramp before nailing him again with a series of shots. This time, however, Chavo reached into his tights and pulled out some sort of pair of brass knuckles, and immediately used them to punch out the injured ribs of Batista and force him to fall back down the ramp and hit the ring apron, where he once again hit his lower abdomen hard and seemed to be in a lot of pain. Once again, Chavo had gotten the best of the champ.

Two weeks later, and just one week away from Wrestlemania, Chavo Guerrero and Batista were set to team up to take on both The Undertaker and Kane in a tag team match. The highlights showed how difficult it was for the 'Mania opponents to work together, but it seemed as if they had put their rivalry aside for their own good in this tough matchup. Suddenly, after Batista nailed a Sit-Out Powerbomb on Kane, Chavo Guerrero tagged himself in and tried to steal the victory, crawling on top of "The Big Red Machine" and pinning him. Before the three count could come, though, Batista pulled his own partner off and lifted him back up to his feet by his neck, holding him up, then dropping him down with a two handed choke slam. The distraction allowed The Undertaker to take Batista by surprise, and nail him with a Last Ride to give his team the victory. Chavo regained his energy at ringside, and upon realizing what had happened, he began to laugh, despite the fact that he had technically just lost the match as well. The ring was cleared out, and Chavo continued to point and laugh at the big man. This time, however, Batista wouldn't take the humiliation. He sprinted out of the ring, and began chasing Chavo Guerrero all the way to the back parking lot, where he finally reached him and started unleashing a series of vicious shots right to his head. Before long, the two began brawling on top of vehicles and pushing WWE officials away from them. The video forwarded to a powerful Sit-Out Powerbomb right on top of a parked cadillac, and Batista's sadistic look as he finally got the best of Chavo, just one week before Wrestlemania.

The final shot of the video is Batista on one side of the screen, slowly holding his belt up, and Chavo on the other side of the screen, in his usual one knee pose. We hear Chavo's voice saying "Batista, it is my time!", and Batista's voice right after saying "At Wrestlemania, nothing is standing between me and Chavo anymore..."

Batista versus Chavo Guerrero

There was a lull in the air of the arena as everyone waited on the bell to be rang. As though holding their breath as the sound rang out, there was a crescendo of noise as the long-awaited showdown finally got underway with the two opponents circling each other. Cautious about making the first move and losing out on early momentum, both man refused to step towards each other and instead they ended up in a rather tame stalemate. Batista did try to engage Chavo in a test of strength but the third generation star quickly dismissed those ideas with a shake of the head before springing off the ropes. Attempting to utilise his pace to his advantage, Chavo tired to rush at Batista from a safe distance with a flurry of attacks. Rushing at “The Animal” with his forearm leading, his knee leading and then an attempted baseball slide; the Royal Rumble Winner made sure he always retreated to a safe distance and stayed out of the clutches of Batista before he eventually underestimated the power and the reach of Batista who caught the underdog as he tried to rush past and thumped him on the mat with the most vicious of Spinebusters.

Just then, Michael Cole caught a glimpse of the fury in Batista’s eyes and openly admitted that he didn’t fancy Chavo’s chances. The Smackdown announcer reckoned the World Heavyweight Champion was back to his “savage best” that hadn’t been seen in 2005 and the only way he could see Chavo, who was being tossed effortlessly around the ring, was going down in the history books was as the loser of the quickest main event match in WrestleMania history. Almost on cue of course, Chavo mounted something of a flurried comeback. Refusing to allow Batista boss him around like a rag-doll, Chavo lashed out with a desperate but stiff kick to the ribs that caught Batista unaware. “The Animal” stumbled a little and looked a little rocked as Chavo sprang from the corner he had just been tossed into, and dropped Batista with a flying forearm. Almost immediately Chavo tried to pounce on “The Animal.” “That’s the tactic,” concluded Cole, “He’s not going to let Batista have a second to steady himself. Chavo Guerrero knows he needs to press home every opportunity that presents itself.” And for the most part, Michael Cole seemed to have Chavo’s early spot on. Any time that he somehow managed to knock Batista off his feet, the man “destined for victory” was on his case and trying to focus his energies on Batista’s neck. Whether that was in the form of a submission hold, an elevated kick or a hopped offence Chavo was given as good as he got early on with Batista struggling to really press home his sizeable size advantage.

While the Champion was not finding himself over-ran by Chavo, he didn’t seem to be competing with the same urgency as the Royal Rumble winner. When Batista planted Chavo on the mat early on, he took his time following it up with an attempted knee to the shoulder and that allowed “The Mexican Warrior” to scramble from the ring and catch a breather against the guardrails with Batista at a safe distance away. On three separate occasions within the first seven minutes, Chavo retreated towards the guardrail before returning to the ring with the wind back in his sails; and eventually it got too much for the World Heavyweight Champion. On the fourth occasions that Chavo headed for the guardrail, Batista made sure to follow him as what had been a strongly competitive but ultimately fair match, quickly turned sour. While Batista had got one over Chavo with just days until their WrestleMania showdown, it had been expected by Cole and Tazz that the match was going to be competed in as fairly as possible until Batista drove his good friend into the nearest ring-post. With the struggling Chavo over his shoulder, Batista made sure to draw up as much steam as possible before he pounded Guerrero’s back and shoulders against the cold, unrelenting steel to the disgust of Michael Cole, Tazz and many of the fans in attendance.

The Animal had snapped; and things were looking far from promising for Chavo. Where Batista had taken his time getting to Chavo as he struggled onto all fours previously, the 2005 Royal Rumble was now moving with the same pace and determination that had characterised Chavo at the ring of the bell. The third generation superstar was not given a moment’s rest to try and shake off Batista’s unwavering attacks as potential glory for the unexpected Royal Rumble Winner slipped further and further away. Scrambling for safety as every opportunity, Chavo just couldn’t move with the same freedom that he had at the start of the match and although he continued to lift his shoulders from the match as Batista went for the pinfalls, Michael Cole and Tazz were quickly guessing at just how long he could hang on. Batista simply refused to let up and with Chavo looking more and more like putty in his hands, The Animal hoisted his good friend into the air and delivered a sickening Batista Bomb that shook the ring and indicated to many fans inside the arena that the show was over. Except no-one told Chavo Guerrero Junior as he somehow found a way to hook his shoulder off the mat and stop the count mere milliseconds from ending his dream. The moment lifted the roof off the Ford Field arena and caused everyone that had written the match off to sit up and take notice as Batista thumped the match in frustration that somehow things weren’t tied up.

Unperturbed though, The Animal quickly picked Chavo up onto his feet and sent him running into the ropes before greeting him with the same fierce Spinebuster that had been his first offence of the night. The thud had Chavo made as he landed on the mat quickly caused the growing crescendo of cheers to damper although they were soon lifted again as Chavo once again managed to lift his shoulder when all the signs pointing towards him succumbing to Batista’s strength. The noise was deafening as Batista sat up in disbelief and then glanced down at the broken Chavo Guerrero as he rolled onto his front. Once again though, Batista was the first man to his feet and pulled Chavo quickly up so that he could once again plot an ultimate downfall for the challenger. Instead though, Chavo dodged his planned attack as he desperately slide between Batista’s legs and under the bottom rope to a moment of safety.

Seemingly hurrying himself though a recovery process, Chavo made sure to keep an eye on Batista as he steadied himself at the base of the entranceway; although Batista had other ideas as he encourage referee Charles Robinson to race through the count to ten. That was unneeded though as Chavo eventually returned to the ring in good time and tried to turn the tables on Batista who was still in the driving seat of the match. Unable to shake off the damage done to his back, it was clear Chavo’s speed was no longer a difference maker and instead the Royal Rumble winner found himself in close combat with Batista but his quicker reflexes saw him just about hanging on. Just about managing to stay competitive and more importantly, just about stopping Batista from over-running him again until The Animal eventually drew back and shoved Chavo away from him and into Charles Robinson. The Smackdown referee crashed between the ropes and landed on ringside while Chavo stumbled into the corner. With Chavo struggling to straighten his back, Batista stalked his prey seemingly unaware that the referee was no longer in the ring and as Chavo stepped out of the corner and into a second Batista Bomb; there was no way he was going to escape any three count. Except of course, the Smackdown official was laying face down in front of Michael Cole and Tazz. Once again, Batista had been denied victory. And once again, Batista looked to carry on unperturbed.

Slipping from the ring, the World Heavyweight Champion quickly set about getting Charles back into the ring although the time The Animal spent out of the ring allowed Chavo a chance to get back to his feet and although he was evidently struggling with the massive damage that had been to his back, he somehow found the energy to leap over the top rope and plant himself on Batista. The move though, seemed to do more as much damage to Chavo as it did to Batista and while Charles Robinson was back to his feet, the same couldn’t have been said for either competitor in the match. Chavo was once again holding his back, while the landing of The Mexican Warrior on the Champion had really had an effect on his right shoulder. Gradually though, both men were back on their feet and in the ring as the Smackdown referee threatened to count them both out. Settling themselves once again there was another brief stand-off before Chavo realised that once again he had to force the matter. Much like he had done at the start of the match but in a less fluid fashion, the third generation superstar tried to hit and run Batista with some swift attacks and while the attack was quickly stopped by Batista, Chavo had a quick counter up his sleeve and he dropped the Champion with a stunning Huracanrana that lifted the crowd once again.

Scrambling to his feet, Chavo had his urgency back in his step and he raced for the ropes as he tried to force the subject with Batista and after a Shining Wizard that connected exactly on Batista’s jaw, Chavo tried to hoist The Animal up for the innovated Gory Bomb. Attempting an evident Herculean effort, Chavo quickly failed and dropped Batista onto his feet but as he bounced off the ropes, Chavo dived between Batista’s legs and rolled the Champion up in an opportune schoolboy. Somehow he kept the Champion down for the three count. Somehow he forced Batista’s shoulders onto the mat for the full three second count. Although the replay quickly established that Chavo had grabbed himself a handful of Batista’s tights to make sure the pinfall had actually happened.

The crowd instantly erupted with a chorus of cheers as Chavo slumped onto the canvas; spent of all his energy with the voice of Michael Cole ringing out for all to hear. “CHAVO GUERRERO LIED TO BATISTA! HE CHEATED HIS WAY TO VICTORY! AND WITH A HANDFUL OF TIGHTS THAT BELONGED TO THE CHAMPION, CHAVO GUERRERO HAS STOLEN THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP! CHAVO GUERRERO HAS FULFILLED HIS DESTINY!”

Judging will take place between now and Wednesday, July 1.

Verrry quick feedback since I feel that both entried deserve it. Number 2 had an absolutely herculean effort against them. To make Chavo a legitimate WHC threat is almost inhuman. But you all gave a phenomenal effort. Right until the finish. To my mind ending Wrestlemania on a pull of the tights is just a stretch too far. Obviously the rules required that Chavo won the belt, but to have him do so in such a fashion was a little anti-climactic.

Number 1 had, in many respects the easier raw materials to walk with. Making Kane into a deadly monster isn't that difficult after all. However, what sealed the deal for me was the video package, the extremely evocatikve way you presented Kane tearing through the roster and goading Batista into accepting the match on his terms. That, for my money, earned you guys the vote. But barely. If entry 2 don't walk away with this, you guys deserve all the props for sticking through this and producing a well-written engaging entry against all the odds.

Entry #1:

--Honestly, the entire buildup was the kind of thing that would work well for Kane. A knock-down, drag-out slugfest with Undertaker to end the Rumble, then a lot of violent and vicious attacks to remind people that yes, this man is and has been a demented lunatic capable of doing sick, painful things to people. The visual of Mysterio hung upside down with a chain was particularly nice.

--The promo was gleefully deranged. I especially dug Kane demeaningly referring to Batista as a "little piggy" and the line about losing the ability to move anything below his neck. And the bit about not getting to have friends is the kind of line that could almost make one feel sorry for the crazed bastard. Well done here, as well.

--The match was a solid big-man match, with the no-DQ stipulation allowing you to go a bit further with the violence. Not sure I see either of these two guys breaking out hiptosses and drop toe holds, but hey, desperate times and all that.

--All in all, it's the kind of story arc that I would love to see actually come off, but alas, it probably would have had to happen in 2003 to be really believable for Kane. I do have to say that you got off quite easy in this one, as it's not terribly hard to make a big, veteran worker like Kane into a potential champion. Now, what you did to your opponents with your choice left them with a much heftier task, and when I read that entry, that will be taken into account. All told, though, this entry was quite fun to read.

Entry #2:

--I knew you were up against it when I first got the PM that your opponents were asking you to build Chavo Guerrero into a Rumble winner. Starting off here, I'm not totally sure I like Chavo muscling out someone the size of Undertaker. Now, if we were talking about Edge and Shawn Michaels brawling near the ropes, that I could see. You did well to set it up with Taker struggling to keep Edge from squirming out of a Tombstone, but still, it's not one that excites me.

--The commentary may have gone a little too far toward the incredulous. Granted, it would be a huge upset, and I have no doubt that Eddie's name would be invoked to build sympathy for Chavo down the road, but you danced along the line of "How the hell did this happen?" with the commentary.

--The recap of the events between the Rumble and Mania flowed pretty well, with Chavo doing what he and Eddie did best, lying, cheating, and stealing. Not sure about the piece where a punch to the ribs with brass knux sends Batista a good way down the ramp to hit his ribs on the ring apron, though. Maybe it would have been better to have him fall off the side of the ramp and hit his ribs on the edge of the ramp. That visual was quite awkward and seems like it would have looked very contrived.

--Not sure I like the whole "Mania opponents team up" angle being used twice in this span, either. Cena and HBK had the Tag Team titles to consider at the time, but with all that these guys had tried to do to each other, I could have used some explanation for why they were teaming again.

--In the match, I definitely didn't feel like I'd seen enough in the buildup to convince me that Chavo was tough enough to kick out of a Batista Bomb, let alone survive two and still manage to pull out a shock win. And that shock win seemed like a total anti-climax, as well. This match seems, even more than Entry #1's match, like it would cry out for a no-DQ or similar stip to let Chavo use anything and everything to slow Batista down and get an honest-to-God pinfall, rather than a fluky-looking schoolboy and pull of the tights. Would that work at Bad Blood or some lesser PPV? Maybe, but it seems a little weak for WrestleMania.

Entry #2 had a hard task, making a guy who's been a simple jobber (as opposed to Kane's jobber to the stars status) off and on for most of his career into a potential champion. They could have done it, but it would have taken a little more catering to the size and power differential to really drive it home. In the end, Entry #2's writers also made it a bit too easy for their opponents, giving them someone who really could match size and power with Batista. Simply put, Chavo needed to be able to cheat the entire match long and get a SOMEWHAT decisive pinfall. Those didn't happen.

So, I give the vote to Entry #1. Thanks to all of you for putting in work and making this one happen.

Entry #1

Seemed pretty fitting to have Kane-Taker finish things off, and I can imagine it would have been one of those WTF moments when Kane finally won the Rumble. The idea of him bumping him off the top rope seems a touch anti-climactic for a final elimination, but I can live with it. The whole idea of Kane going on some bloody rampage is probably the perfect way of building him up as a credible threat again (though I had to laugh everything you referred to "his big red hook" :P ). It was a good Kane promo, but I couldn't help but thinking something felt a little off. But then I remembered that Kane is the type of character who there's very little you can't see him saying so it's OK for mine. The match was well written and well booked for the type of match Kane-Batista would produce. The fact he needed to bust out the Tombstone keeps Batista pretty strong and makes a nice WrestleMania finish.

Entry #2

Oh jeez... Chavo? You poor bastards. I do have trouble seeing Chavo throwing two guys over the ropes at once (tripping maybe?), but it would have worked if it was any one but The Undertaker. Still, it suits the character Chavo portrays throughout the storyline. I like the whole reaction to Chavo's win - everyone WOULD be stunned, and the announcers too if we believe they don't know who wins. The promo was all class for mine, and sounds exactly the way they would have run it had Chavo, God forbid, won the Rumble. I did get confused right throughout the entry over whether Chavo was face or heel - this promo seemed a bit face-ish until the whole "I am the best Guerrero" bit so I can't see the crowd booing him. I like the way Chavo plays this out as the chickenshit heel always looking to knock Dave's head off, but I also like the way you built him up as a more credible threat in the ring (through announcers and his actual offense). I think you did a good enough job in building up Chavo to be a guy who could at least go with Batista for a bit one-on-one. As to the match, I have no worries with the finish - it worked for me. It was a great throwback to Eddie (who basically started his journey in this storyline), and this would have been a midcard match anyway (let's face it, it was never going ahead of HBK-Cena and there'd be filler stuff anyway). I liked the match and thought you did a good job with what you had.

Overall I'm going against the grain and giving it to Entry #2. Not because they had it tougher by being given Chavo, but because it was a more entertaining read for mine. Entry #1 was very solid, but I think the second guys actually had more chance to do something outside of the box with a total shock like Chavo winning. Great job by both, it was some good reading.

With only one judge vote on either side, we go to the poll.

AND BY ONE VOTE THERE...

Entry #2, written by the team of FD, El Presidente, and The Brian J, takes the victory over the entry written by IDM, TKz, and Meacon!

Unsure who wrote what in Entry #2, but from Entry #1:

Royal Rumble Finish by Meacon;

Buildup video by IDM;

Promo by TKz;

and WrestleMania match by IDM.

Congrats on the victory, FD, Prez, and Brian. One more to go. (Y)

Wow. I didn't tink we would win that one... especially with my awful, awful main event.

Kudos to IDM, TKz and Meacon... Awesome battle. Sorry there had to be a winner.

As for who wrote what... I did the Match, Brian did the End of the Rumble and the promo. El Pres did the video.

As Captain I settled on giving you guys Chavo because I thought leaving 2006 into 2007 was the only time he was ever credible. He had just turned heel on Rey Mysterio, screwing him out of the World Championship, and beat him multiple times culminating in driving him off Smackdown in an I Quit Match. Chavo then went on to feud with Chris Benoit for the US Title with Vickie at his side. So I didn't see it as impossible at all, but glad the better team won :)

It was definitely great competition, and I'm truly surprised to see our team get the win to be honest. I believe IDM that Chavo was a legit contender, but I haven't watched the WWE in about five years so before reading that, I did think you guys just picked Chavo to screw us over. I never thought he actually received a legit push in the WWE, but either way I didn't mind writing it, it was a nice challenge trying to make him look like a contender. Could've gone either way, as the votes show, so I feel pretty lucky to be getting a win over such a strong team.

Now we just have the finals to win, and then we're taking over the dome! Good luck to TheRaySays, Split Second, and Krone. Should be a hell of a battle.