Kevin Smith about protesting his own Movie "Dogma"

Herr Matzat

Have you seen the DVD that interview came from, "An Evening With Kevin Smith"? Actually, that clip might be from the second DVD, "Evening Harder". Either way, if you haven't seen them, check 'em out. Listening to Kevin Smith talk is sometimes more entertaining to me than watching films. Funny, because he's one of my favorite filmmakers.

As for the clip itself, classic. I had never seen the

that he talks about in the clip before, until I saw it linked there. Hilarious.

I loved part 2, actually. Probably for that exact reason though. I distinctly remember laughing for 10 straight minutes after his Dora story, and the guy saying "So will you help me out with my script or...?" and him saying "Were you paying attention to that story? I'm too lazy to do my own work, why would I do yours for you?!"

I loved part 2, actually. Probably for that exact reason though. I distinctly remember laughing for 10 straight minutes after his Dora story, and the guy saying "So will you help me out with my script or...?" and him saying "Were you paying attention to that story? I'm too lazy to do my own work, why would I do yours for you?!"

You're the fox, aren't you?

Oh my god, the Dora the Explorer story. Was that II? If so, I've never seen one but I loved II, especially for that story. I was in stitches during that.

I recently watched two of the Evening with Kevin Smith DVD's and nothing tops the story about the failed Superman movie. I was laughing my ass off the entire time. Though Part II had some good bits. I agree with someone who did a user review on Amazon, most of part II is almost like him doing a stand up routine instead of a Q&A. Good stuff though.

Fans of the "Evening" DVD's really need to check out Smodcast, the podcast he does with his producer Scott Mosier. It's like an hour of this stuff every week, only even more rambling and tangential. When Mosier isn't available, he's done the show with everyone from Jason Mewes to his wife, Bryan Johnson (Steve-Dave Pulaski), Walter Flanagan and Malcolm Ingram (Canadian director). Definitely worth checking out.

Evening 1 is so great. Evening II was not as good but still funny, and yeah, at times he looked douchy.

I still haven't seen Evening III, I'd like to watch that in the very near future. And Beatnik tells me SModcast is similar to the Evening series and is very entertaining.

For those that enjoy chat shows as well.... Kevin Pollak Chat Show. Kevin Smith was just on this past week too as Kevin is in his upcoming film "A Couple of Dicks".

This has just reminded me to get the latest Smodcast, which are pretty much always very good. There are a couple of the 'weed' episodes where things aren't nearly as funny as Kevin Smith thinks they are and things drag a bit, but mostly it's great. The more Mosier the better, Flanagan and Bryan Johnson are also funny in short bursts.

As for the Evening With... series, 1 is by far my favourite, 2 isn't bad, 3 was probably a bit better than 2. The third one has te anal fissure story from his diary which is quite funny. But overall the best stories are used up in number one.

Evening III, I just watched after never having seen I and II all the way through.. and yes I know they're not exactly needed. But I found it a bit meh... he only answered like five questions and he talked about his fucking dogs for a damn hour. The only interesting part for me was the Bruce Willis stuff, and the following exchange.

Kevin Smith (after Bruce flew in some local Jersey food): I love you, Bruce Willis.

Bruce Willis: I know, everybody loves Bruce Willis.