Hells Kitchen (US) Season 6

thatblindgeye

Anybody else watch this show still? Season 6 2hour premiere was tonight, and the ending of the second hour...

Some macho fuckhead (who is a Marine) first made a big deal out of Ramsey telling him to taste his own signature dish at the beginning of the episode with his hands.

Then at the end of the second episode, he was asked for the whole "first nominee and why" shtick, and he replies with "they know who they are." After several requests he names both nominees at once without saying why. After MORE requests and Chef telling him "Just tell me who and why in plain English" he says something along the lines of "Now I know what you want", after having asked "What the fuck do you want?" even though he was told a million times.... Anyways, Chef verbally fucks him and the guy then throws his jacket down and threatens to fight Ramsey, after telling pretty much everyone who tried telling him to calm down/whatnot to fuck off. I really hope Ramsey either fucks him up or just simply sends him off.

Him and this guy from Texas are the two macho assholes that lose their temper over the stupidest shit, and I cant wait until they get their asses sent home so they can bitch about Chef Ramsey not knowing what hes doing.

Oh, and also. Someone from Season Five returned this season and that person was

Robert from Season Five returned at the end of the first hour. Glad he's back, but him being made out to be some savior by the red team was rather stupid.

Seriously the best season premier for the show yet I would say.

I've watched every season so far, and this was the best season premiere yet. They've got the usual few with talent, and then the rest that will be entertaining and get filtered out as they get closer and closer to the end, but it seems more entertaining than it usually is. Plus, they had...

J.P. getting in the Texan's face, then owning him at the end of their fight by letting him out the door, and saying "ladies first." You know he won't be long for the show, and neither will the Marine, who I expect to get kicked off very quickly next week. You don't challenge Gordon Ramsay to a fight, on his show, and expect to stay around very long.

Watched this as well! It was very entertaining indeed. I agree with the previous posters that this was the best season premiere yet.

I think that the macho Marine will be canned sooner than later. I'm also looking forward to seeing next week's episode. I'm wondering why there was an ambulance and a fire truck. Also, I personally loved how Gordon Ramsey told the Marine in the preview for next week: 'Don't worry about the cameras.' It makes me seriously wonder what's going to happen.

Also, I loved the 'deer in headlights' look that Melinda was giving the entire time that Chef was chewing her out. I'm also glad to see Robert back in the Kitchen, but I don't think he'll do as well as he did last season. The part that had me cracking up a fair bit was what TheHurk mentioned about J.P. getting into the Texan's face, and then owning him with that single line. I did think for a second that the Texan heard him, and would've socked him in the face.

Anyone have any thoughts on what they think may happen next week?

Haven't watched it, didn't realise it had started up so early so I wont read the spoilers yet. I'll try watch it later tonight, certainly love the show. Although the wrong person won last year (Y)

Edit: Just watched the show

Joseph is the biggest cunt in the history of all shows. Seriously, Ramsay needs to just knock him clean out, cameras or not. Of course he wont though, but fuck somebody should of done. What a complete and utter idiot that guy is. It's like they only put him on the show to have a huge bust up, because outside of that, it's as clear as daylight that he could NEVER win this show.

Also, as usual they've made an early mistake in throwing out Melinda, who wasn't nowhere near as bad as Lovely. She's possibly the worst chef I've seen to date on this show. Has she done ANYTHING right? Mistake after mistake, just laughable. And I don't like some of the people being hard on Tennile, because she looks like one of the better chefs there. Putting her at the front of house wasn't exactly a great idea and she shouldn't be judged on that if you ask me, when there's three or four horrendous people actually fucking up inside the kitchen doing stuff that they should be able to do.

Tony is quite funny as well, so I hope he doesn't go. Same for Van. Maybe he's way too loud and mouthy, but he actually seems like a good guy. Going off for being nominated was a bit over the top, but when there's so much at stake, you cant really knock him...not to mention he was pissed because most of the others did so terrible, so it's understandable. JP was being a bit of a dick, but so was Van at the time, but I actually loved the confrontation. Really hoping he doesn't get thrown out just yet, because I actually think he's got potential in all honesty. Same goes for him as what I said for Tennille being out at the front of the house.

As for Robert, boo that. He was okay last season, but I wasn't his biggest fan. He's a bit of a moaner as well, although a decent guy at times. He fucked up non stop last season and without a doubt he will this season too, so I really hope he doesn't go right to the end.

Brilliant episode though, crazy finishing scenes and I cant wait to see what happens next week. They're trying to make it out like Joseph went on a rampage, but I'm not so sure it was him who caused a fire or whatever it was. Possibly somebody left something on in the kitchen? I'm not sure, but next week looks pretty awesome.

Edited by Scum Fan 4 Life

Im sure the whole Joe thing wont lead to anything that great. The show tends to do that. I remember last season they made it out to seem like Ramsay was closing Hells Kitchen as punishment and the teams were going to go on some rampage, when it was just them leaving for the day on a break or something I think.

I do hope Joe gets his ass thrown out, though. He is like the definition of super macho asshole, getting worked up over jackshit and acting like an ignorant pile of shit that cant answer a question properly.

The Texan seems like a good guy, but he too has outbursts for seemingly no reason. Its fun watching these people act so egotistical when their dishes arent liked by someone else ("Oh he doesnt know what hes talking about I cook this for everyone I know and they love it!") or they get so offended when they get named in the back to go up for nomination ("I made one mistake!"). There needs to be someone to act like the sane member of a team and use logic. At least it would lead to more drama.
Edited by Vitamin E

Last night's doubleheader was awesome. I hope Gordon KO's the marine and JP chokes out the Texan :) As usual there are only about 3 or 4 talented chefs and the rest are deadweight. I have no idea how Lovely has the balls to call herself an "executive chef" when she's probably just the lead lunch lady at whatever kid camp she works for.

• 2 weeks later...
Lovely's gone, Lovely's gone, FINALLY Lovely's gone!

...ahem. Now that that's out of my system, I enjoyed this episode. Robert's fit was EPIC, IMO. Could've done without the C-listers, though.

Oh, and I read that Joseph the ex-Marine was actually a plant hired to try to spike ratings. Executive meddling, Fox? Seriously?

Also, what was the deal with the snakes on a cane thing that flashed during one of the commercial breaks? Is it a new season of House or something? Whatever it is, the clock on the site expires on September 21st (a Monday) at 8 PM.

A plant? Reliable source? Ugh, I don't personally believe that.

Awesome to see Lovely go, she should of been the first out, sheer awful.

Hopefully Robert doesn't last much longer. I'm tired of his 'I NEARLY DIED FOR THIS SHIT'. It's not their fault that you're fucking overweight and therefor struggled in the last season because of the pressure. Don't like his attitude and don't like him, no doubt Gordon will do his best to keep him around for as long as possible though.

Great to see Tenelle is finally improving and focusing more, looks like she might have another good week next week as well.

I really wanna see the guy Robert was partnered with, Andy, and Tenelle go. There's always one person every season I just cant STAND, but there was like 5 this season, but thankfully the douche and Lovely got sent home.

I'd rather prefer to see Kevin, Dave, Suzanne, or Ariel win this season. Robert coming back shows he really didnt learn anything, or just isn't very good, and him trying to act like Ramsay was bad.

If that douchebag marine WAS a plant, well I wouldn't really care, but it's rather stupid to use him as a way to get ratings when the "payoff" was rather lame. All we got was the guy almost tripping up a step and Ramsay going (watch your step).

SO i actually predict Kevin or Van to win...

I seem to think Kevin looks like the favorite at this point, but for some reason I see the pit bull Van coming close to taking it all.

I say this because of his signature dish... Foie Gras,,, which surprised the hell out of me and I believe Ramsey as well.

Nothing really worth noting from this weeks episode, but the preview from next weeks episode:

AGAIN Robert is having problems with his heart. The guy needs to take a fucking clue and realize this isn't for him. If he gets sent off the show again he better not be given a third chance next season, as there are other people who've had to leave the show I'd rather see be given the chance, like the girl who injured her foot/ankle I believe last season and had to give up.

Seems I was right in saying Robert should NEVER have been brought back. He just cant handle it over the time. And not just that, but he's simply not great enough. He's good, but you shouldn't be winning this show because you're just good. Looking forward to seeing what happens next week.

Glad to see Tek go, because she really was shocking. Shocked that the women pout Tenelle up, when she was seemingly one of the best for the women on that day, seems some of them just don't like her and for that, they're trying to get rid of her. Based on the preview for next week, it looks like she's getting kicked out. I wouldn't be surprised if Gordon keeps her in though, hopefully anyway.

• 4 weeks later...