Sir Bobby Robson dies aged 76

Stevie B

I won't lie. I got a bit teary when I came online and saw this. Total gentleman and a true legend of football. I'm so sad that he's gone.

In August 2008, his lung cancer was confirmed to be terminal; he said: "My condition is described as static and has not altered since my last bout of chemotherapy...I am going to die sooner rather than later. But then everyone has to go sometime and I have enjoyed every minute"

- from his Wikipedia page

Enjoyed it until the end. :crying:

A true legend in football and life. To see someone who spoke so passionately about what he loved, it's a great loss for anyone who had the pleasure of knowing him. However, we should remember the good times he give everyone and to remember what he taught us all.

RIP Good sir. My hat comes off to you :)

I won't lie. I got a bit teary when I came online and saw this. Total gentleman and a true legend of football. I'm so sad that he's gone.

Me too. I watched the build up to his testimonial match and I choked up seeing him come out and getting a standing ovation. It was clear then that he didn't have much longer to live, but he still had a big smile on his face.

RIP Bobby.