Sir Bobby Robson dies aged 76

Stevie B

Former England manager Sir Bobby Robson has died at the age of 76, following a long battle with cancer.

Robson will be best remembered on the international stage for leading England to the 1990 World Cup semi-final.

At club level, he cut his managerial teeth at Fulham before establishing his credentials at Ipswich where he won the FA Cup and Uefa Cup in a 13-year stay.

Spells at PSV Eindhoven, Sporting Lisbon, Porto and Barcelona followed before ending his career at Newcastle.

Just read that on BBC Football.

:(

Edited by Stevie B

Sad stuff. He's been battling cancer for EIGHTEEN YEARS on and off.

Just looking through his managerial career his win percentage was amazing.

Fulham - 16.7%

Ipswich - 44.6%

England - 49.5%

PSV - 68.4%

Sporting Lisbon - 57.7%

Porto - 71.7%

Barcelona - 65.5%

PSV - 52.6%

Newcastle - 46.7%

Some REALLY good figures there.

Anyway, as tribute, time for the Carlsberg Pub Team advert:

Rest In Peace Sir Bobby, a true legend of football across the world really. He was more successful as England boss than any of his future incumbents to date, took Newcastle back to the top end of the table and was, arguably, their last successful manager too to date. He's won titles and trophies nearly everywhere he went, and I don't think there are any really that have a bad word to say against him.

My best memory of Sir Bobby has to be his first home match in charge of Newcastle...bottom of the league and they beat Sheffield Wednesday 8-0. Hilarious.

One of the true greats of english football. I think the Banner at St James summs it up best

Sir Bobby Robson: Gentleman and Geordie

RIP

I found it silly how it said Bobby Robson's tenure at Newcastle wasn't successful. I mean, maybe if you're a Newcastle fan or Freddie Shepherd. However, if you were sane you'd be able to appreciate that he actually did really well at Newcastle in getting them to the Champions League and whatnot.