The Vatican vs. Bellucci

ROC

Credit: imdb.com

Bellucci's Pregnant Pose Infuriates Vatican

Italian screen siren Monica Bellucci's naked and pregnant pose on the country's edition of Vanity Fair magazine has infuriated The Vatican. The Passion Of The Christ beauty and her French husband Vincent Cassel are expecting their first child in the autumn. Bellucci decided to strip off as a protest against the new Italian laws, which allow only married couples to use in-vitro fertilization (Ivf) and prohibits the use of donor sperm. In the magazine, Bellucci rages, "Over here, if you aren't married with all the proper rubber stamps, they stop you using science to have a child. Religious and ethical dogmas have prevailed upon common sense. This kind of legal obstacle is not so different from the physical limitations that women have long endured. In Muslim countries women are forced to cover their heads and keep silent. In Italy, they are prevented from asking the help of science to become mothers, unless they are married." The Holy State's newspaper L'Osservatore Romano fumes, "The child who will be born is no longer a human being to protect in the womb, but becomes the unwitting accomplice of a sad game."

Boo, you Vaticanis! <_<

*wonder why he called the Catholic Church Vaticanis*

btw, did I say that I need to pick up this issue of Vanity Fair?

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

Wow. People need to get a life, seriously.

They need to understand something...movies aren't real.

Were you referring to my post or damshow's Gorgoroth post?

EDIT: And SMS if you are referring to my post, I just thought it seemed a kind of interesting story and I was bored so I posted it, simple enough.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

I was replying to yours.

And what I meant by it was to say that so what if Monica Belucci appears nude in a magazine, just because she played some religious figure (I never saw the movie).

They're acting as if she has to live her life they way they want her to now just because she played a CHARACTER in a MOVIE.

As much as they wish it was, The Passion is NOT real.

I'm not saying the Bible isn't based on real events or that it is fictional, I'm just saying that The Passion was a movie, and nothing more.

People shouldn't make a big fucking deal about this.

I meant no offense you ROC.

SkinMySenses, did we read the same post? This has got nothing to do with the Passion Of The Christ.

Bellucci posed nude as a form of protest against these new laws, the Vatican doesn't like this and is pissed off as a result.

Oh. Haha, I guess that article went over my head then.

My apologies.