Over/Underated

maddog

Over-rated.

I don't think this basketball team is as good as some claim to be, but they're still going to be a contender of course. Though being bitch-slapped by Italy and barely beating Germany isn't good for a team that is made out of NBA players. They'll probably get a medal, just not the shinest one.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

They Are Under-Rated....

No one gives them a chance anymore! they got killed by Italy, WOW. remember when the Lakers lost to the Hawks this season, did anyone wright them off? no, and they were in the NBA Finals. 1 loss doesnt mean anything. This is the youngets team we have ever sent to the olympics, the nervous had to kick in sometime.

Its america we still have to best basketball players in the world, Carmelo, Marion, LJ, Amare Stoudamire, Iverson, Duncan, Marbury, and all the others, the U.S.A will be fine in the olympics.

One thing the players need to do is actually let Larry Brown & Pop coach this team, and follow there game plan, play defense, dont just run around trying to dunk all over the place, PLEASE!

Over-rated

I've heard rumors about this thing lasting up to two years which is just stupidity. Eventually Bettman or the NHLPA will realize that the NHL can't afford a lockout more then half a season long. The popularity of the league is brutal in the United States and unless the lockout doesn't happen or it lasts a short time. Eventually the players will realize they'll be making less money if this lockout goes through. Trust me when I say the lockout will only last 2 to 6 months.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Over-Rated...

No one in america cares about it, evemntually it will be cut down to about 16 or 18 teams, and they will all be in canada, and nothing will change.

(uh Hockey isnt my best topic, yes i know this argument sucked)

Under-rated

Everywhere in Canada it seems to me that almost nobody is discussing the Tour de France, and nobody gives a damn about it. It may be different in the United States, but honestly nobody here gives a damn. I like the Tour de France and if given more main-stream exprosure other then on the Outdoor Life Channel it could really pick up viewers and became more well-known.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Over-Rated...

There is a reason why its not shown in America, no one cares aout this either. Americans like to see Football, where players smash & crush each other, Americans like basketball because these guy fly, Americans like baseball, because its the american past time. American dont like cycling, because...its cycling.

Basketball & Football players practice or play the whole year, while cyclers in the Tour de France come out 1 time a year, and ride a bike around france. Its not exciting, so nobody can get into it.

Point Goes To:

BnBH.

2-1

I'm sorry, but besides the French, who care about this bike race?

Next Topic:

NASCAR: These guys risk their lives each Sunday to win some money and win the Nextel Cup.

Is it overated or underated?

Edited by maddog

Over-rated

If you find the Tour de France so over-rated then you have to call NASCAR the same thing. The premise is basically the same as the Tour but with cars instead of bikes. Honestly how much skill do you need to be able to turn a car left every 5 seconds, and this is coming from a guy that watches NASCAR. Guys in the Tour de France need to be in better shape then guys who race cars.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Over-Rated!!!!

The most overrated "sport" there is.....you drive around in circles...have your pit crew do all the work for you, then when you win, you jump out of the car, and run around like you won something! I dont get half of americas fixation with this sport, but it is indeed overrated.

Winner: Clawson

2-2

My opinion is that it isn't overrated. If you look at half of the drivers on the road today, they CANNOT drive! It takes skill to drive, especially at 180 mph.

Final Round:

Which is More Overrated:

The Curse of the Babe [boston Red Sox]

or

The Curse of the Goat [Chicago Cubs]