Hugo's three day FFIX-thon

hugobomb

Since I have three days off before I go back to England for a week and want to spend as little money as possible over those three days, I've decided to finally beat this game. Starting now (since my sleeping hours are fucked), I'm going through the game from the start.

First Update: Just beaten Steiner in the ship. Also Cinna is fucking useless, two fights and he's been KO'd early in both. Got the Mage Masher off the first fight, but forgot to equip it before the fight with Steiner, so I'm off to a good start.

3:05 - Out of the Ice Cavern, whupping Black Waltz and Sealion (wanted to get Mythril Dagger off it but got bored of seeing 'couldn't steal anything'). Steiner and Zidane have their little arguement on the mountain where Steiner nearly knocked Zidane off a FUCKING CLIFF FACE, twat. Garnet agrees to change her name, and chooses Dagger (I wanted the dialog to make sense 'What's this called?' 'A dagger' 'Then I shall call myself Jessica!)

Party:

Zidane - Lv 8 (+3)

Steiner (Now using Iron Helm with Level Up) - Lv 7 (+3)

Vivi (Now using Blizzard) - Lv 7 (+3)

Garnet/Dagger - Lv 6 (+5)

5:15 - Just arrived in Lindblum, beating Black Waltz 2 and 3 on the way. Black Waltz 3 killing all those Black Mage dolls was heartbreaking, seeing them fall through the sky which the light music in the background making it eve worse and you knew they were basically children. Them coming to Vivi's defense though was a minor Crowning Moment of Awesome. I couldn't be bothered trying to steal from BW3, since the guide I'm reading says it's stupidly difficult and I don't plan spending 1/2 my three days stealing.

Steiner continues to flit between pissing me off royally (ba-dum-dum) and making me laugh. His confidence in taking Garnet back to the castle was funny, espicially as he never seemed to think about the fact that Zidane might at some point take control of the ship and just turn it around. He reaction to that was great 'Turn this ship around!' With the OTT jumping up and down was hilarious, what did he think Zidane was going to do? Just go 'Oh, alright then' and go back to face arrest and possible execution (even with Steiner's internal promise to get him a life sentance as a "reward" for getting Garnet on the ship, yay! There's a great reason to turn around). Steiner and Zidane do bounce insults off each very well;

Vivi is so sympathisable (totally a word :shifty:) here, going through a huge idenity crisis seeing the dolls basically as slaves but still as part of him enough to be pissed off when BW3 kills them for helping him. Vivi's already my favourite charater, followed by Zidane, Steiner's too hot and cold for me, while Garnet just.... there).

Party:

Zidane- Lv 10 (+2)

Vivi - Lv 9 (+2)

Steiner - Lv 10 (+2)

Garnet - Lv 9 (+3)

falling asleep while playing (told you my sleeping hours were fucked. This means it'll proberly be a more lesiurly completing of the game now (once I get back from England anyway). I'm just on my way to Burmecia (sp), in the Grotto now, killing all the Black Mage Dolls I can find