Dawn of MMA Data

ZJ Penn

"This is using a database I developed based on the fantastic Tap or Snap updates and will be run using WMMA2, which if you haven't bought, sort it out. We start off in October 1993 when the UFC first opened. The database has over 1,200 characters, all of which debut accurately. So if we go long enough, you'll see Couture, Liddell, BJ Penn, GSP, Fedor & Lesnar all pop up. Throwing spanners in the works will be the regens, who will keep it an alternate reality. Also we've got companies opening at realistic times, so expect to see PRIDE FC, EliteXC, Affliction and so on, all the way down to SuperBrawl, Cage Rage and Extreme Fighting. We've even got TV channels and PPV providers in real time, so HDNet won't appear till 2001 and so on. The only thing not set are the fight teams. Some are open from day 1, some set to randomly open and others that are fighter dependant (Xtreme Couture, Cro Cop Squad Gym etc.) will appear after the fighter does. This is the most realistic method for me, although I'm open to suggestions to change. All regions are unregulated barring the odd one or two."

For those of you who don't frequent Grey Dog, you can get the data from here:

http://www.ewinventory.com/dlbase/wmma/DOMMA.zip

Credit to Biggz and co. for hosting and TOS.

• Like 7

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Go to the 'Characters' screen and change the search parameters to 'Broadcasters' (rather than 'Fighters').

If that shows nothing, they're just not part of the data yet. :)

• Like 1

Been playing without Royce Gracie who destroys everyone it seems, set him as Mid National so when he comes in hopefully Rutten etc. have improved. Been playing monthly events and it seems to really help build up quite a few stars as whoever wins the tournament is on at least a 3 fight streak.

Loving the scenario. :)

I'm in 1997 already with this. I had one regen named Greg Johnson come in that went 8-0 beating Bas Rutten, Royce Gracie etc on the way there winning the superfight title. He was awesome. So I turned off regeneration and I will probably put it back on in about 2002. Johnson retired after his first loss, a KO against Rutten in the first round. Rutten is a beast. I'm renaming Greg Jackson's Gym to Greg Johnsons Gym in honour of 'The fan-dabi-dozi One'

This data is immense(Y)

Edited by MrSticks

It's insane. Tank Abbott beat Bas Rutten twice! Frank Shamrock dominated my Middleweight division until Royce came back to fuck shit up. I also did a "what if?" thing and put Kurt Angle in to debut in '97. I think I may have made him too beastly, so I'll probably have to tone him down some. He beat Bas Rutten to get a chance at Don Frye's Heavyweight title. I'm glad someone finally beat Tank. Fun fucking mod.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...