What films are you looking forward to?

TKz

To be fair to Daybreaker's it's actually got an original thought. I mean, it's not any love story bullshit and it's not about just badass vampires. (Hello Blade) It actually has a plot and some kind of message. (Albeit one we've heard a thousand times, but still.)

Plus William Dafoe, Ethan Hawke and Sam Neil! :w00t:

Also someone needs to bring Frankenstein back to mainstream.

A violent creature that just wants to live, in a world that won't accept him because he's different? Plus action scenes and maybe a love story? Well the Twilight fans will just eat that shit up.

Two films that are coming out pretty damn soon have just caught my eye:

Up In The Air - New Film from Jason Reitman (Juno, Thank Your For Smoking) about a businessman who terminates contracts who begins to re-evaluate his life as he nears 5 million frequent flyer miles and what that, along with a new co-worker who could threaten his career, actually symbolises. Not exactly my usual fare (I'm into broad comedies and thrillers for the most part) but I enjoyed Reitman's reining in of Cody's screenplay for Juno and I've heard nothing but good things about Thank You For Smoking, so I may give this little existential tale a run-out. Plus, George Clooney has been on a frigging roll since Michael Clayton, so I'm expecting good things from his loner character.

Youth In Revolt - I am a huge Michael Cera fan. I've always had a soft spot for the straight man who can pull out a killer one-liner when needed ("McLovin? What are you, an Irish R'n'B singer?") and Cera fills that role perfectly. Yes, he's essentially the same in EVERY film/TV-show he's in and yes, I can understand how that would be a turn-off. But, it looks as if 'Youth In Revolt' will change all that as Cera gets ready to play a socially awkward, emotionally-charged teenager desperately in love with a girl...wait, this sounds familiar, doesn't it? That is until you factor in the persona called Francois that Cera creates in order to increase his confidence and get the girl of his dreams. The trailer looks awesome (as most do) and suggests that Cera's got a lot more in his canon than people give him credit for. Can't wait.

Edited by badotori

Guillermo del Toro is actually doing a Frankenstein movie, at some point after he's done filming The Hobbit.

So sometime in 2015 then? :crying:

Seriously, I was super excited when he signed onto the Hobbit but now I'm annoyed. We could get 2 or 3 Del Toro movies in that time frame. I really want to see his At The Mountains of Madness too! Damnit.