Anyone else like playing rogue like rpgs ?

Docpepper

most of my friends hate playing them because as they say graphics suck but I overlook that when the gameplay is fun and challenging. this month I've been playing.

DoomRL

Screenshots||Wiki

DoomRL is turn-based, offers a top-down interface formed entirely of ASCII characters, and features a character leveling system with traits. As it is based upon Doom, the game is more fast-paced and combat-oriented than usual for a roguelike, and relies heavily on ranged rather than melee combat. A limited player inventory, non-stackable items, and other design choices contrast with the often extreme intricacy of games in its genre.

DoomRL includes the entire Doom soundset and music library, with optional support for high-quality MP3s.

Zomband

Zomband is a survival game set in a post Zombie apocalyptic city. The game revolves around killing zombies, scavenging supplies, and in the end, trying to escape the city and suburbs.

The suburbs is new as of the 7DRL 2008 competition.

Zomband is actually not an Angband variant, but the controls and visuals are inspired by the Angband controls.

Powder

Unofficial Wiki

POWDER is a traditional Hacklike. Players of NetHack will not be unduly surprised with a lot of the setting and interface.

The goal is to get to the 25th level of the dungeon, retrieve the Heart of Baezl'bub, and then return to the surface world. What makes this difficult is the requirement to not die on the way.

all three are good games. Powder and Doomrl being the hardest. I've only made it to the third level of the dungeon on powder and have died lots.First time playing i died within a few seconds after drinking a potion and catching myself on fire.

Zomband is fun you play as a survivor of a zombie outbreak and you can arm yourself with a myriad of items. stuck in an office with no weapon to defend yourself? no problem grab that computer monitor and use it.

oops lol sorry bout that. yeah it's fun I've only made it as far as the military section though heard that there are different types of creatures like killer insects and such but haven't encountered any of those or the like yet