'Versus' vs. 'Versus'

The Kraig

Simple premise. Band/Artist A did a song called 'Versus'. Band/Artist B also did a song called 'Versus'. Maybe even a Band/Artist C and D also did a song called 'Versus'! Which one is better? I was gonna just do this for my own amusement while listening to iTunes, but it would be nice to have people share their music tastes, and of course rate music in a public forum.

Rule 1: Vote for the song you like the best.

Rule 2: The first song to get 10 votes is the winner. (We could add a 'by a clear 3 votes' to this rule, but it's simpler this way)

Rule 3: Whoever casts the deciding vote gets to choose the next 'Versus' vs. 'Versus'!

Please comment on why you like something, there's really no point in this unless there's discussion as well. Also, please link to the song, since it's unlikely everyone will have heard the songs.

I'll start it off with the first one in my iTunes library:

Song Name: 'Again'.

Alice in Chains vs.

vs.

I'm finding it very hard to pick a favourite from this. They're quite different acts, and I obviously like all three bands or they wouldn't be in my collection. I'm actually going to pick Flyleaf from this. I love the pounding drums, and I'm a total sucker for angsty female vocals. I'd pick Alice and Chains next, because I like their 'Again' as well. They sound extremely like Nirvana in the beginning but then things get rockin' at about a minute in. Fuel's is decent enough, but I don't really like the droning moans which fill the song. Has a sexy solo though. I'm picking Flyleaf before I change my mind.

0 for Alice in Chains.

1 for Flyleaf.

0 for Fuel.

So yeah let's just jump right in to it; Flyleag was melodic yes, but too teary-eyed also the bassist was annoying. Female fronted clean vocal bands are much to my liking. Fuel sounded so generic, at least compared to what I've heard from the genre but I liked it better than Flyleaf because they had some cool guitar bits plus they had a heavy feel. Also they had no over the top annoying music video. Finally Alice In Chains; it is pretty obvious who I going to vote for, eh? :P Favorite 'Again' song out of these three are definetely them. Flyleaf was too sad (for lack of a better word), Fuel was too generic so Alice In Chains it is. Not to say that 'Again' by Alice... is revolutionizing but yeah, definetely more interesting than the other two. Also, I am an Alice In Chains fan so I must just have been biased from the start.

+1 Alice In Chains