Bloodstock Open Air: 2010

DFF

First set of 2nd Stage bands have been announced.

Friday, there is Benediction and Steelwing.

Saturday has Killing Machine.

And Sunday has Enforcer and Witchsorrow.

There are also rumours that Swallow The Sun and Evile will be announced soon.

I've updated the front page with the latest announcements, both on main (Evile and Bonded By Blood) and Sophie Lancaster Stages.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive not really heard any of the Sophie Lancaster bands before (been a while since I paid full attention to the underground metal scene). Any of them worth checking out?

I've honestly not started my annual YouTubing on unknown bands yet, but I'll certainly let you know if any seem good :)

In sadder news, Heaven & Hell have had to pull out due to Dio's illness. I really hope his health picks up :(

• 3 weeks later...

Updated to reflect the numerous shuffling of bands (including Twisted Sister to the Sunday headline slot) as well as adding the Unsigned bands announced so far.

Meshuggah are 'special guests' on the Friday. I'm guessing that's their way of saying they a special without resorting to a full co-headline deal like they've got with CoB & Fear Factory.

Going on the last few years, I think we can expect two more bands on the main stage. We know they still need to announce the Friday headliner (which will happen on the 15th June - it's expected to be someone that's playing Download. Early rumours are it could be Motorhead). Previous years usually have 11 bands on the Saturday, so that's where we might get another band.

Aside from that, it's just the Unsigned & Sophie stages to finish off. It's looking a pretty decent line-up.

• 4 weeks later...

And the announcement was a bit of a swerve and nothing to do with Download. The Friday headliner is Opeth. *Does happy dance*

• 3 weeks later...

DFF, dunno if you have updated the first post with the current bands but here they are.

To those going: Fancy an EWB meetup and having a few drinks?

Main Stage

Friday

Opeth

Meshuggah

Behemoth

Sonata Arctica

Gorgoroth

Ensiferum

Rage

Ross The Boss

Black Spiders

Snakebite

Saturday

Children of Bodom

Fear Factory

Devin Townsend

Amorphis

Obituary

Edguy

Onslaught

Evile

Leaves Eyes

Andromeda

Sunday

Twisted Sister

Cannibal Corpse

Bloodbath

Gojira

GWAR

Korpiklaani

Doro

Holy Moses

Suffocation

Bonded By Blood

Sophie Lancaster Stage

Friday

Powerworld

Enforcer

Hospital of Death

Mithras

Steelwing

Saturday

Benediction

Desecration

Mordecai

Regardless Of Me

Witchsorrow

Sunday

Killing Machine

Purified In Blood

The Prophecy

Unsigned Stage

Friday

Mutant

Neonfly

Orestea

Silas

Splintered Soul

Traces

Saturday

Extreme Od

Furyon

Hekz

Old Corpse Road

Tempestora

Under Blackened Skies

Sunday

Achren

Echoes Fall

Ishmael

Lordaeron

Morgue Orgy

Stone Circle

Zocalo

Edited by Dont Fear The Reaper

Thanks man, I hadn't gotten around to doing it yet.

It's looking a pretty sweet line-up now. Getting to see Opeth for the third time in around 18 months is going to be immense. I wonder what their set list will be though as I don't think they are on tour at the moment.

I'm up for a pint if you're interested :)

Awesome, guess we can organize a meetup closer to the time, ill warn you though ill end up dancing on the tables (again) if I get too drunk :P

Definitely.

Oh, and table dancing doesn't worry me one bit. That's rather tame compared to what some of my friends can get like! Haha.

But yeah, we can sort this a few days before. :)

Oh, sure, THIS year there's a fucking EWB meetup. >.<

*looks at bank balance and sulks* :P

In fairness, I was up for a meet-up last year. :P

And Reil, just look again at the line-up. You know you want to try and make it :D

Fuck man, I'd go just for Edguy. I seriously would go to a whole three-day festival, plus camping, just for fucking Edguy. But there's no way in Tobi Sammet's name I can afford it, let alone get a weekend off work. The last album was shit, but even Tobi knows that so he'll probably limit the number of songs they play off it (and hopefully play some of the new Avantasia stuff, which is incredible). But even then they're on mid-afternoon, so will probably only get half an hour. And I have seen them seven times. :shifty:

To be fair though, other than that... it's reeeeeeally lacking in value for me this year. Korpiklaani (who I've now seen three times, but that's irrelevant since it's fucking Korpiklaani!) are on Sunday, with absolutely zero other bands that I even want to check out, except maybe GWAR just for shits.

Obviously Ensiferum on the Friday, along with Sonata Arctica. Two of the bands I've been a fan of longest without ever seeing them live. In fact, Friday's lineup is the best by a looooong way. I'm even sort of interested in the headliners ¬_¬ The rest of Saturday's lineup consists of "who?" or "ick, no." Or in Leaves' Eyes' case, "Fuck the fuck off you bunch of cunts, stop playing at gigs where good bands are" :@"

Soooo... yeah, this is by a distance the least interesting lineup in BoA history for me personally. Still would've gone if I could, though. :(

• 2 weeks later...

That sucks man. Well, if you somehow manage to find a way there, I'll buy you a pint :)

In other Bloodstock news, Mithras have had to pull out.

In other other Bloodstock news, Metal Hammer are reporting that Sylosis have been added to the bill (it's not on the Bloodstock website yet, but it seems a legit report considering MH announced that they got to pick the band, and then got a quote from a band member too).

I quite enjoyed Sylosis when I saw them support Dragonforce earlier this year, so I'm pleased they've managed to get them on the bill (they'll be on the Sophie stage apparently).

Front page has been edited to show Sylosis now that they have officially been announced. I've also rearranged to Sophie Lancaster Stage bands as they've been moved around a bit. Finally, I've added the new unsigned bands that they've announced. :)

Front page updated to reflect the re-placing of the Unsigned bands (as most of them have switched days). Also added Core Project, Collapse and Flayed Disciple.

• 3 weeks later...

Behemoth have been forced to pull out which is a shame however their replacements are SO much better and should have been booked WAY before this

http://www.bloodstock.uk.com/news/index.php?/archives/307-BEHEMOTH-FORCED-TO-CANCEL-CATHEDRAL-STEP-UP-TO-REPLACE-THEM.html

FUCKING CATHEDRAL! YES!