Pakistan vs Australia ODI/Twenty20 Thread

sahyder1

This board definitely needs more cricket talk.

Any other Pakistanis/Aussies on here following this series? The pathetic decision to make Yousuf captain has backfired big time for Pakistan. The result in the test matches would definitely have been different with a different captain. Great to see that the PCB is changing captains after this series......but the timing of the announcement is horrible. Second ODI is just minutes away.

Anyone else following the U-19 World Cup? The Pakistan/India Quarterfinal yesterday was great stuff. It was great to watch and the intensity level was great like any other Pakistan/India match.

Screw the IPL! Screw the BCCI! What a sham that the likes of Afridi and Umar Gul have been been selected for IPL. What a joke. Is there anyone out there who really believes that the Indian government wasn't involved in the decision? The IPL's inconsistent excuses have been just as bad. First they claimed that Pakistan wouldn't send its players....obviously not true since Pakistan government and PCB had given the green light already. Then they talked about availability issues....which again is a joke since Pakistan has no International commitments during the upcoming IPL season. Another excuse Modhi used was that they weren't sure if players would get a visa but the likes of Razzaq (who's made for Twenty20) also weren't selected when they already have an Indian visa because of ICL. The ICC really needs to do something about the IPL because this is destroying cricket as we know it.

So I'm guessing you're from Pakistan? :P

I'm from NZ and definitely agree we need more cricket talk. However, I lost interesting in the Aus/Pakistan games after Pakistan completely choked out in the 2nd test. Bloody Aussies.

And the ICC won't do anything about the Pakistan exclusion in the IPL, why should they? It sucks for the Pakistan players but that's politics.

Edited by SwantonEdge

So I'm guessing you're from Pakistan? :P

I'm from NZ and definitely agree we need more cricket talk. However, I lost interesting in the Aus/Pakistan games after Pakistan completely choked out in the 2nd test. Bloody Aussies.

And the ICC won't do anything about the Pakistan exclusion in the IPL, why should they? It sucks for the Pakistan players but that's politics.

Yes I am from Pakistan but live in the US now.

I didn't say ICC needs to do figure out what to do about IPL. India's control over International cricket is way too much now. Boy did the ECB drop the ball on Twenty20. There was an IPL style Twenty20 league proposed in England a few years ago and the ECB turned it down because they thought it would overshadow County Cricket. It has been a crazy money maker for the BCCI.

Sydney Test Match hurt like crazy but yeah, I'm a fanatical cricket fan. I watched every minute off the Test Series. Doing the same with the ODIs. Not happy with the team selection....or Yousuf's captaincy but definitely fancy Pakistan's chances a lot more in the ODI series.

Pakistan is getting crushed right now but the fielding has been absolutely brilliant from both sides today. Some amazing catches from both teams. Time for Boom Boom! From the looks of it I might not be up the whole night after all. It's 4 AM here in Eastern US right now.

Well, I'm definitely routing for you guys. Pakistan are my 2nd least favorite team in all of cricket, but I'll support any team playing against Aus.

If only Tonk-A-Kiwi was still around. This'll do though bru.

PS: If you want to bag Ponting and his awful captaincy that's fine by me (Y)

SACK HIM!

Say what u will about Ponting, but that catch tonight was incredible

That was a disspaointing loss for Pakistan indeed. Good fielding all around. Great catch in the slip. Great catch by Ponting. Malik also with two great catches.

Anyone watching Pakistan/West Indies U-19 semis right now? Pakistan needs 33 off of 37 balls now. This Hammad Azam will be in the senior team soon. What a tournament for him! Hasn't been out yet and has had a very good strike rate.

I think you were a bit harsh on Yousuf. His tactics don't quite seem up to grade, but you can learn that. He seems to be a decent leader of men, which is what you can't teach to prospective captains.

And India has been a scourge on world cricket for a while now. Mostly off, but sometimes on the field too.

• Like 1

Anyone know why Yousef cracked the shits at the umps after the 34th over when they were bowling? I know the ball was changed which it should have been... but it was as if he didn't think it was the ball he chose... he kept having words at the change of overs with the umps for quite some time.

I think you were a bit harsh on Yousuf. His tactics don't quite seem up to grade, but you can learn that. He seems to be a decent leader of men, which is what you can't teach to prospective captains.

And India has been a scourge on world cricket for a while now. Mostly off, but sometimes on the field too.

Someone who's been inovolved with International cricket for so long should not be making sophomoric mistakes that he's been making. Afridi is a much better option then him. Younis Khan is a better option. I'd even settle for Shoaib Malik

Anyone know why Yousef cracked the shits at the umps after the 34th over when they were bowling? I know the ball was changed which it should have been... but it was as if he didn't think it was the ball he chose... he kept having words at the change of overs with the umps for quite some time.

According to Greigy the umpy put the Aussies' ball in one one pocket and the Pakistanis' in the other. Yousuf thought they had got them mixed up (played the ball he chose first), but Tony didn't think so. Meaning that Yousuf was probably right ^_^

Afridi is not a test match cricketer.

Sure he is. He's got a decent average of 37 which is not bad for someone who would come in at 6 or 7. His bowling has gotten a lot more consistent too since the last time he last played a test match. Plus he's one of the better guys in the field for Pakistan too. He turned into a better ODI player once he was regularly included in the ODI team a few years. Give him the same treatment and he will produce there too. I am sure Afridi will be returning to the Test team that gets announced for the Tour of England.

Afridi is not a test match cricketer.

Sure he is. He's got a decent average of 37 which is not bad for someone who would come in at 6 or 7. His bowling has gotten a lot more consistent too since the last time he last played a test match. Plus he's one of the better guys in the field for Pakistan too. He turned into a better ODI player once he was regularly included in the ODI team a few years. Give him the same treatment and he will produce there too. I am sure Afridi will be returning to the Test team that gets announced for the Tour of England.

Most of his test runs have come on featherbeds, really.

These days he's a bowling all-rounder capable of some big innings as all guys batting at seven or eight are. Not sure his bowling would be all that penetrative in the longer format, either. Think he's a bit like Brad Hogg in that regard.