Survivor: Heroes vs Villains

sahyder1

I'm 100% behind Russell. I so want him to own this season like he did the last. Ive only seen a couple sporadic seasons, so I don't know a lot of the people on this season. But I'm rooting for Russell, and if he can't win, come on James.

I'm 100% behind Russell. I so want him to own this season like he did the last. Ive only seen a couple sporadic seasons, so I don't know a lot of the people on this season. But I'm rooting for Russell, and if he can't win, come on James.

My gut feeling is that Russel gets very close to....and probably does make it to finals but he loses again. He didn't get to learn his lesson from Season 19. This was taped before the finale for Season 19.

My gut feeling is that Russel gets very close to....and probably does make it to finals but he loses again. He didn't get to learn his lesson from Season 19. This was taped before the finale for Season 19.

True. But I really hope that he can win. He was just SOOOOOOOOOOOOO good last season. I feel that the old winners will be picked off too though. If it comes down to it, the other people will be like 'you won before, bye'

I love me some Russ. I get the feeling it's just because so many people have reacted violently to him being pretty much the focus of last season, and sure the production team made finding the idols super easy if anyone actually looked but I just have to support him.

He out strengthed Eric, he out ran Dave, and he out lasted the real threats.

He deserved a win based on his play, and I truly believe if Eric hadn't decided to ignore the fact that he tried to do the same exact thing Russel did and basically give Natalie the reason why she should win, and gave the jury and exscuse to give it to her without admitting they just didn't want Russ to win.. Well, either he would've got it, or the aftermath would've been far more awkward.

All that said? Can't see him winning here. He did so well last season because he was a strong player coming into a tribe mostly compromised of lazy people that weren't going to work for the spot like Jeffery Tambor, Jaison, and Natalie, skilled nice guys that didn't make big plays because they feared ruining their image like Asian Girl, and Nick.. Oh, and Uncle Ben was there too.

He rose to the top because the nice guys wanted to use him as a heavy, the lazies wanted to ride his coattails, and the few genuinely strong players there he eliminated quickly before they saw him coming. He socialized hard and heavy on his tribe before the merge, and was really the only person trying, which is why he got the majority of camera time.

He made the mistake of thinking the jury would be rational and that being the clearly visible blunt instrument would take him all the way. But when exposed to stronger players that aren't blindsided by him immediately, players that don't need him, or even players with enough brain cells to NOT tell him they think he's full of shit, like Eric, Mean Reality Show Hot I Guess Granny, or John.

He falls apart. Even Monica managed to rattle him.

He's best when dealing with players that need him, players that he genuinely is smarter than, and he desperately needs a situation where he can take out the strongest threats early.

That's not going to fly here. His tribe alone is compromised of some of the better players (Despite the lack of Amber, Fairplay, and Hatch) he's not going to boss them around, he wont be able to manipulate them with sock burning, and his usual schtick of having a final two alliance with everyone thus ensuring the jury will hate him for being a backstabber and dying for a reason to deny him riches will get him kicked off in a hurry if he ruffles the wrong feathers.

If I was Russ I'd be praying Boston Rob has a stroke during a bungee challenge and lands on Sandra, because if the two of them work together they'll run their tribe if not the entire game, and both could easily see through his shit, it's also illadvised for him to try and pull Dumb Girl Alliance 2.0 out of his ass, because considering the girls he'd be recruiting this early will not hesitate to fuck him over.

I can't see the villains tolerating him long once they figure him out, so it's a good thing he's part bloodhound when it comes to idols.

Other thoughts:

Tom caught me off guard, I did not expect him to nail Gangsta In A Oprah Suit (should've been the episode title) right away, and I have to give him props.

Ofcourse it's not likely to do him insane amounts of good since Cirie has pegged him, and if she reminds Amanda to stop jabbering about Stephenie and let momma make the decisions she may bring down the wrath rather quickly, because JT would soo 'mmm, shucks' backstab him in a heart beat, and I envision James going along for the ride for atleast a little while..

But that may just be my desire to see him stick around as long as possible since he's the only castmember whose hotness Katie and I can agree upon.

Cirie - Top notch as always, and I want to see her make it to the merge so she can either ally with or rage wildly against Sandra.

Boston Rob - INCRUDIBLE! 'Nuff Said

Colby - Yeah.. I don't feel him this season, and whenever I see him I get Nick flashbacks.

Rupert - Perhaps the only member one the heroes tribe that could have rivaled Russel for most screen time, and instead he tries as hard as he can to be this season's Shambo.. Poor guy.

Sandra - Her life in this game depends on who she allies with, she's as sharp as a whip and can play with the best of them, could easily take it home.

Coach - My hatred for him died the second I witnessed him teeter tottering with Russ. That shit was just beautiful. I'm starting to adore him despite myself because of his puppy doggish fan girl relationship with Rob. It's like he realized he was a dick and decided instead of being good, y'know what I'll just be as goofy as possible.

And then my hatred resurfaced when he began canoodling Jeri. That alliance will either take him far or fuck him up fast and hard, he's not gonna be able to play her, and I don't think for a second that she wont pluck him like one of those chickens the second she can.

Rob, Russ, and Sandra are the people he should be forming a tight knit circle with, because they're the 3 most likely to be able to off Jeri if it comes to it.

Jeri - I LOVE THIS BITCH!

Randy, Tyson, most everyone on the heroes side - Meh.

Not So Dumb Girl Alliance - not sure yet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Liked the first two episodes so far, looks like this is going to be a good season. I'm glad Boston Rob didn't get pulled out, that would've hurt this season because Rob is one of the best in the game. I'm pulling for Russell but I doubt he'll pull it off (especially since I don't think they're any hidden idols this season <_<). Shocked Stephanie left over Amanda last week too, since she was one of my favorites from her first season. I hate Cirie btw, she always manages to get into the right alliances..

I was afraid to see someone spoil the whole season when I entered the thread, glad nobody looked at the spoilers 'cause I hate that. What's the point in watching the season then?

That's not going to fly here. His tribe alone is compromised of some of the better players (Despite the lack of Amber, Fairplay, and Hatch) he's not going to boss them around, he wont be able to manipulate them with sock burning, and his usual schtick of having a final two alliance with everyone thus ensuring the jury will hate him for being a backstabber and dying for a reason to deny him riches will get him kicked off in a hurry if he ruffles the wrong feathers.

If I was Russ I'd be praying Boston Rob has a stroke during a bungee challenge and lands on Sandra, because if the two of them work together they'll run their tribe if not the entire game, and both could easily see through his shit, it's also illadvised for him to try and pull Dumb Girl Alliance 2.0 out of his ass, because considering the girls he'd be recruiting this early will not hesitate to fuck him over.

I can't see the villains tolerating him long once they figure him out, so it's a good thing he's part bloodhound when it comes to idols.

There's a different preview for tomorrow episode on CBS' YouTube channel where they show Boston Rob and Coach saying they want Russ out and Jerri is in a heated argument with the defending champion Parvati ^_^ Unless they have edited this very carefully this tells me that IF the villains lose it'll be Rob/Coach/Jerri/(maybe)Sandra versus Russell/Parvati/Courtney(gets sucked in by Parvati). Tyson and Randy haven't really been making alliances as far as we've seen. I have a feeling Randy might want to work with Rob though, but at the same time I have a feeling Russell will go far in the game again so I guess Randy and Tyson will work with him.

If Russ doesn't get far the survivors should be nominated for an Oscar for the interviews they've given at the Anniversary party etc. I mean, Parvati talked about how Russ is one of the best strategic players she has ever seen. If Russ gets voted out on day 7 or whatever, why would she say something like this? Something tells me Parvati and Russ are going to be running this game, with Courtney playing the sweet third again like in China.

About Samoa, here's a weird but fun fact; Laura claims that Russell already knew he was going to be on Season 20 BEFORE THE MERGE in Samoa! I kid you not, she says he told Natalie he almost wanted to be voted off so he could start preparing for the next season. How insane is that? She also claims the reason Brett got such a horrible edit, he wasn't really "there" until like day 30, because otherwise it would have hurt Russell and then his participation in Season 20 would have made no sense. I love me some Russell and I think he's a great and fun player, but think about it; Brett played the social game better than Russell in the end because everybody on both tribes liked the guy and wanted him to win, plus he played a better physical game because his tribe beat Russell's tribe basically every time and he went on a immunity run. It's strange how Russell got this crazy "BEST PLAYER EVAR" edit, who's cock did he suck to get this edit? :pervert:

Liked the first two episodes so far, looks like this is going to be a good season. I'm glad Boston Rob didn't get pulled out, that would've hurt this season because Rob is one of the best in the game. I'm pulling for Russell but I doubt he'll pull it off (especially since I don't think they're any hidden idols this season <_<). Shocked Stephanie left over Amanda last week too, since she was one of my favorites from her first season. I hate Cirie btw, she always manages to get into the right alliances..

I was hoping for a fresh alliance in the Heroes tribe and it seemed to go that way when Cirie told Candice Amanda stabbed her in the back in Micronesia and she doesn't want it to happen again. But even though she keeps stressing she's not aligned with Amanda, she just aligned herself with Amanda....because Candice and her were the gamebreakers. If she wanted Stephanie to stay and go with the SuperTom-Alliance, it would have happened. Insane how every season she manages to become the swing vote and tribes have to "fight" for her vote which makes her powerful.

Lastly, quick round:

Coach - has surprised me so far, he's not a complete douche this time around and he has impressed me in the challenges. Physically he was a wreck in Tocantins.

Tyson - is trying the "under the radar" approach. I can see him getting to the merge at least.

JT - has already turned into a villain one day into the game. I thought his idea to align himself with Tom, a Previous Winners Alliance if you will, was a great idea because that's basically the only way he can win the game again. However, he let James intimidate him and Amanda and Rupert have probably been working him since day one while Tom and Colby have been relaxing a bit more and trying to get to know people.

Rupert - Lol, he's getting a bad edit this time which is fine because he really seems like a grumpy old veteran out there. He couldn't make fire, he can't catch fish, he didn't spot the chickens (Tom did), so he's pretty useless so far, especially with his broken toe. He was also talking about how he was going to really PLAY the game this time, but I've only seen him making weird noises around camp and then claiming Steph needs to go for his game, wtf? He didn't even explain why exactly?

James - Evil James is amazing, can't wait for next episode. It looked like he was going to have a face off with Randy.

Tom - You're a nice guy but it seems you've already lost the war bro. He made the mistake asking Cirie to side with his alliance a couple of hours before the vote. Instead, he should have brought her in day one or two. Now it's Tom & Colby versus the rest (if Heroes lose again, I hope Colby goes instead of Tom though).

Edited by The Quasi Juice

Here are my thoughts on the first two episodes (I'll watch the third this weekend and give my thoughts)

Heroes Tribe

Ugh. I hate everyone on this tribe. Sugar is wretched and thank God she went quickly. Amanda has lost twice in a row... why the fuck is she back? James?! Why not bring back someone else who actually has a chance at winning? Rupert is nauseating. JT has proven to be a complete idiot and I feel that he (along with other Heroes) are being set up to look like a complete tool. I hated Tom during his season, but he is slowly turning into my favorite of this season. Colby too. And Stephanie. I was never big fans of any of these guys, but man. They got stuck with a tribe full of idiots. I also like Candice... she isn't playing up to the cameras and seems to be genuine. Unlike Amanda, who seems to be borderline acting half of the time. That tribal council was awful to watch - James is a fucking tool and the quicker he goes, the better. He has proven to be inept before - heck during China, Todd completely schooled the guy (speaking of Todd, what the hell? He has been screwed on TWO All Stars now. The guy owned his entire season and they bring back two lame ducks in James and Amanda)

My predictions: ugh... this is a shit show tribe. Half of these people don't belong there. It's clear there are cracks left and right. I'm thinking that Tom and Colby aren't going anywhere quickly. Colby especially, he is smart and has played the game before. When the HII rears it's head, I think we'll get a better sense of who is gonna be left standing.

Villians Tribe

On the flip side, I love this tribe. And in my mind, only two people don't belong... Danielle and Randy. Seriously - Randy? Awful choices with those two. On the other hand - Tyson, Courtney, Jerri, Russell, Coach, Parvarti, Sandra & Boston Rob all have reasons to be back. Tyson and Courtney are hilarious, Jerri is the first villian of the show, Russell has the unwarranted God complex, Coach is just a mystery, Parvarti owned the game last time, Sandra is a memorable winner and Boston Rob. What can one say about Boston Rob? The only reason the dude will end up out of the game is because his reputation precedes him. Just like Richard Hatch before him, he has no chance of going to the end. No one is going to let him get anywhere near the merge. That's why All Stars isn't necessarily an indicator of who is the best overall. Boston Rob was Survivor All Stars and no one is going to let him repeat the feat. I really hope that with the exception of Randy and Danielle, all of them make the merge. But that's not happening.

My predictions: I think whoever said Randy is going next is right. He will. It's the Sugar vote - it's a no brainer, as he doesn't seem to have any alliances and he's not an asset to the tribe. After that, it's hard to tell. Russell is probably in the best position - no one saw him last season. It doesn't matter, as they'd see what a bad game he played and how he mastered backstabbing but forgot that you have to get people to vote for you in the end (like Parvarti, Todd and Richard Hatch successfully did before him). I think Russell goes far, but he ain't winning. He doesn't know how to socialize in the game. I think Boston Rob will go sooner rather than later. If Jerri clashes with Parvati, I think she'll end up going as well. Once a vote happens, it'll be easier to see what's going on here.

Great opener... definitely an improvement from Samoa, which for my opinion was the worst season since Fiji. If HvV can be as entertaining as Micronesia and China (the last two great seasons, IMO) than I'll be a happy camper. And it's already started out good, although... I hope the Heroes tribe crashes and burns.

I agree Todd should have been on this season, it would have been interesting seeing him scramble, the evil little gay guy. It almost seems like they want someone to win Survivor two times with all the previous winners, so why not Todd? I would have preferred Todd instead of Randy and Corinne instead of Danielle, who is just there because of her body. Anyway, onto last nights episode;

The immunity challenge was awesome, the whole Villains tribe got owned so they should pray to god there won't be any 100% physical challenges anymore. I was surprised Parvati didn't beat Candice because she's a boxer and all that, so I expected a bit more strength from her. James owning Randy was hilarious, but I hate how James never really celebrates a win. He just walks back to his tribe waiting for them to hug him.

So it looks like Tyson wants Parvati out and some other people are standing around and they kinda agree but they need to make a decision. Randy doesn't scramble and next thing you know he's out. I think they did some clever editing because Parvati apparently got no votes (maybe they didn't show Randy's vote) and Boston Rob got one which is kind of weird....well, maybe it was Randy knowing he was going anyway. Which leads me to believe the whole tribe decided on Randy hours prior to the vote, but they just didn't show that. It's a bit lame that they voted Randy out because he's the "weakest link". First of all, everyone lost and he had to go up against fuckin' James! Second of all, uhm Courtney anyone? She's still boney, she's still not good at anything and she still sits out practically every challenge.

Parvati is really one of the best female players, if not the best of all time. Everyone went into the game knowing she won last time manipulating everyone and kicking out all the boys, yet they still allow her to do her thing and it f'n works! Watch her make it to the top 5 or something now, this was probably a crucial vote. All they do is talk about how nobody gets things done around camp, yet they keep her around. Great player.

Couple of notes:

- So the preview of last nights episode was completely wrong. It made it seem like James was going to get into a fight with Tom, but he was pretty calm. It made it look like Rob was going to go after Russell, and that didn't happen either.

- Coach says he's the only honorable person in the game. So I was dreaming when he flipped Jeff Probst off? Randy and Tyson were probably the most honorable out there at that point 'cause they didn't do anything evil. They worked around camp and in the challenges, that's it.

- How the hell did Candice NOT figure out it was JT who told Cirie about her? Candice is probably the next one to go, although Colby is also a contender for that spot.

- So preview for next episode, the HII is back and hidden at camp....sigh. I hoped they learned something from Samoa; don't hide it somewhere easy. I hope, if someone finds it, it'll be Tom because I like the guy. I'm interested to see what he'd do after the merge. Align with a couple of villains perhaps?

- Coach crying.....seriously now bro? Sometimes he comes across as a very serious and sociable guy, the next thing you know he's praising himself, going off on a tangent or CRYING.

- Lastly, what the fuck is Amanda doing in this game? She got two shots, went all the way twice. Nobody likes her anymore, she is ruining the Heroes side and all she does is pose for the camera. Candice > Amanda in hotness too this season.

My extremely early merge predictions:

Danielle

Courtney

Parvati

Russell

Tyson

Sandra

Cirie

JT

James

Amanda

Danielle/Courtney/Parvati/Russell/Tyson vs. Cirie/JT/James/Amanda vs. Sandra (neutral as always).

Bwahaha, check out James' luxury item:

lolpwnt.png

I think they did some clever editing because Parvati apparently got no votes (maybe they didn't show Randy's vote) and Boston Rob got one which is kind of weird....well, maybe it was Randy knowing he was going anyway. Which leads me to believe the whole tribe decided on Randy hours prior to the vote, but they just didn't show that.

It WAS Randy. They showed the votes after the preview for next week. And even during his little interview said he's sending a message to the tribe about Rob.

Next week looks interesting as they show Rob vs. Russell in the preview, but they also did that for this week, so we'll see. I really hope Russell is the one who stays longer. He is such an asshole it is so fun to watch. Him burying the machete last night and then Randy needing it to open the clam had me laughing.

As for the Heroes, ugh. There is not 1 person on that side I even like a little bit except for James. And this was before he became Badass James who doesn't give a shit if you like him anymore. I really liked 'nice guy James' but 'Bad Ass James' is much more entertaining. The rest of the heroes just annoy me. Mainly it's the girls. Not one girl on this season does anything for me. There is no one I'm like 'I hope she does well', I hope they all go.

No idea about who could make the merge yet.

I think they did some clever editing because Parvati apparently got no votes (maybe they didn't show Randy's vote) and Boston Rob got one which is kind of weird....well, maybe it was Randy knowing he was going anyway. Which leads me to believe the whole tribe decided on Randy hours prior to the vote, but they just didn't show that.

It WAS Randy. They showed the votes after the preview for next week. And even during his little interview said he's sending a message to the tribe about Rob.

Next week looks interesting as they show Rob vs. Russell in the preview, but they also did that for this week, so we'll see. I really hope Russell is the one who stays longer. He is such an asshole it is so fun to watch. Him burying the machete last night and then Randy needing it to open the clam had me laughing.

As for the Heroes, ugh. There is not 1 person on that side I even like a little bit except for James. And this was before he became Badass James who doesn't give a shit if you like him anymore. I really liked 'nice guy James' but 'Bad Ass James' is much more entertaining. The rest of the heroes just annoy me. Mainly it's the girls. Not one girl on this season does anything for me. There is no one I'm like 'I hope she does well', I hope they all go.

No idea about who could make the merge yet.

Why not vote for Parvati to once again stress how dangerous she actually is in the game? I wish Tyson had just pushed his thought through of voting out Parvati because Randy is not dangerous anyway and not THAT bad in challenges, but Tyson is really trying to contain himself this season to not shoot himself in the foot. About the Heroes tribe, I like Candice, at least she comes across as an intelligent person albeit a bit paranoid but I don't blame her, being on an island with people who are playing it for the third time or previous winners.

Both tribes seem to want to delay the cut throat eliminations. Both Randy & Sugar were obvious votes (neither are good strategists, strong, or offer anything worthwhile to their respected tribes). The next elimination for the Villians, which I assume will be a big player with Boston Rob or Coach or Parvati (though the way it's being edited, it'll probably be Rob).

Episode 3 thoughts:

Parvati is why I love this show. People dismiss her strategy, but it work's and it'll take her far. The entire episode was about getting her out and not a single person wrote her name down at tribal council.

Russell is setting himself up for failure again. People despise him. He needs to learn how to work people and to get on their good side. Take hints from Parvati, who you are aligned with. She knows how to smile, be nice and than cut your throat out of no where. People don't have a reason to vote for Russell. And the guy is at an advantage. If people saw his season, he'd be the first voted out. This guy is getting way too much credit from people... this season has proved it, he is running with the exact same strategy he had last season because no one saw what he did last season. Newsflash Russell, it didn't work before.

I think Boston Rob, Coach, Tyson and Jerri dropped the ball. They seemed to all be leaning towards taking out Parvati and they didn't. I think one by one, these will be the people who get eliminated next. It's seems as though Courtney, Parvati, Danielle and Russell seem to be tight and Sandra votes with the majority, so she would have voted for Parvati. Instead, I think they all solidified their fate with that vote.

Fans... once again, I despise the majority of these people. JT is getting edited to look like a fool; his bit about lying and Candace finding out just proves that JT is NOT as wise as he thinks he is. James is a loser and doesn't know how to play the game of Survivor. Why he was invited back is beyond me, but with his piss poor attitude and bullying, I believe his status as a hero will be revoked. Rupert is disgusting to look at and has never done anything worthwhile strategy wise (last All Stars, he laid down and let Rob steamroll over him). Amanda keeps posing for the cameras. I like Candace, Tom and Colby; everyone else on the tribe could be taken out for all I care.

Predictions: Heroes are losing next week and the HII will be found and it's gonna play a role in the elimination. No way would everyone be frantically searching for the Idol if they didn't lose. Amanda's comment about it being a team effort just proves what a dysfunctional bunch the Heroes tribe is. How anyone could allow Amanda, James and Cirie to stick around together is beyond me; people are aware Amanda, Cirie and Parvati all went to the final 3 before and probably would have no problem doing it again.

Thoughts on last night:

I think what I thought all along was right. Russell is seriously the dumbest Survivor. I know: looking for the Hidden Immunity Idol is a good idea. But not in front of everyone. Not so brazenly. I read Jeff Probst blog and he nearly ejaculates for him. But my feeling on the contestants is that everyone knows what a shmuck he is and what a easy victory he'd be to bring to the finals, so everyone keeps him around. The guy has zero social skills and pulls big dumb stupid moves.

Speaking of big dumb stupid moves; JT. What the fuck? I like the guy know more than ever, but he's playing the dumb SO badly. Like awfully. His vote last night will cost him the game. He went against the majority. Why?! To keep Tom and Colby around? I know keeping Tom around might help them win a challenge or two, BUT, if he loses, his neck is probably now on the chopping block.

But what great television that was. Seeing Cirie, the master strategist, fall at the hands of JT was great. As I've said before, this will not take away what Cirie did in her two previous seasons. She is a great Survivor. But in All Stars, it doesn't matter. Some people's reputations precede them. Richard Hatch in All Stars 1 is a great example. He was never going to win; not in a million years.

I love Boston Rob; the only guy after him is Russell so far. Do I expect him to win? Hell no! But he's making things entertaining (especially him calling out Russell.)

Lastly; I actually really like Coach this season. I liked him in his season, but this season he's just proven to be a great character. Sure, his crying seemed forced but he's just this fascinating person. Does he actually believe half of the shit he says?!

So far... best season ever. The only seasons that could end up shaping better are China, Amazon, Borneo, All Stars & Micronesia, because 4 episodes in and it's been epic.

Edited by RockPaperScissors

This episode was true "Survivor-like" as both challenges had a close finish with nothing much separating the winners from the loser.

That said, I think the strategic plays are starting way too early with the elimination of Cirie. JT swing vote may come back to hunt him.

Are we suddenly using spoilers? Let's just talk openly about what happened during the episodes. If you're going to spoil who goes home next etc then yes, put spoiler tags :P

You say they are starting too early with strategic plays by voting off Cirie. Well, Cirie is ONLY there because of strategic reasons. She's not fast, she's actually fat...the only thing she can do is the physical stuff but come on, how is Candice not better than Cirie? This is why I didn't understand James. He said he wanted to keep the tribe strong, so why vote for Colby? It just made no sense. I'm fuckin' glad Cirie is gone because I was already envisioning her and Amanda making it to the top again and I did NOT want to see that. JT made a wise decision and I hope the JT/Tom aka Winners Alliance makes it to the merge now (the preview of next week made it seem like Candice wants in the Tom alliance, which would give them the majority right?).

Also, what the hell Russell? It was waaaay too obvious he was going to look for the idol. He needs to get his act together quickly. I see the Heroes losing again though with hopefully Amanda going home.

Yes. Only downside to the episode was Russell out and out going for the Idol with the WORST plan possible. Why tell them 'I'm going to walk on the beach'? Why not just go? Why not pretend to be getting firewood. I know it's skewed cause he's my favorite, but DUMB DUMB DUMB.

I have to disagree with the Villains claiming that "whoever that has the idol is a marked man". Come on, you WANT to be aligned with the person with the idol. Unless that person is , Ozzy or Erik (blindsided with Idol in pocket) or even WORSE, James (blindsided with TWO idols in hand) Now thats dumb.