March Madness 2010

sahyder1

Siena wasn't a bad pick. By no means were they gonna get to the Final Four like I predicted, but they had four players averaging over 13.0 points a game. That isn't by any stretch of the means bad and Purdue was without Robbie Hummel who was one of their pivotal players.

I've got Duke v West Virginia and Maryland v Kansas State as my final four. With Duke going over Kansas State in the final...

I had Kansas losing in the second round but to UNLV not Northern Iowa lol... I've also got Syracuse losing in the second round to Gonzaga... Saint Mary's beating Villanova I wasn't all that surprised by considering how Nova played in thier first game... Would have liked to have seen New Mexico do alright but they're getting hammered by Washington at the moment and I'm liking what I'm seeing out of Pondexter as a player...

I've got Duke v West Virginia and Maryland v Kansas State as my final four. With Duke going over Kansas State in the final...

I had Kansas losing in the second round but to UNLV not Northern Iowa lol... I've also got Syracuse losing in the second round to Gonzaga... Saint Mary's beating Villanova I wasn't all that surprised by considering how Nova played in thier first game... Would have liked to have seen New Mexico do alright but they're getting hammered by Washington at the moment and I'm liking what I'm seeing out of Pondexter as a player...

No one is believing that Final Four unless you provide a link to your bracket somewhere. Especially, when you're coming in here on Day 3 of the Tournament. Nova playing bad in the first round to most of America meant that they would by about 20 points today. We've seen that happen a million times over the years with a 1 or 2 struggling in the opening round and than cruising in Round 2.

I don't know if we'll see a NCAA Tournament this insane again in our lifetimes.

Edited by sahyder1

You can all take Siena and shove them up your collective asses. :D(H):P

You say that like they're getting past A&M :shifty:

I'll put it this way...I was more scared of Utah State.

And Krone, I know full well Siena was capable of winning, but my entire attitude has been soured by this universal belief that Purdue was INcapable of winning. Anyone who's actually watched Purdue knows that they can shut down anyone, and that defensively, Hummel was probably the fourth-most important piece.

Anyone who actually understands and appreciates hard-nosed basketball needs to worship Chris Kramer as their new God, since Purdue's next loss will be his final game. Get thee on the wagon now or miss out forever.

And damn, I liked Northern Iowa ever since last season's tourney, but fuck Kansas. They had experience and talent, but apparently were lacking in balls. Now, I want a Northern Iowa-St. Mary's-Cornell-Butler Final Four, just to see exactly how much Cinderellas will really screw the ratings. I'd watch every minute, personally.

LOL Kansas.

I can't wait to see every college hoops analyst in America try to explain how they lost to Northern Iowa of all teams.

I realize it's Kansas and all, but Northern Iowa was one of the better mid-major teams all year

That would be your mistake of underestimating the Big 12. They don't just play football you know :angry:

Did you guys see that finish to the Maryland/Michigan State game? Spartans win on a 3 at the buzzer.

There were 3 "game winning" shots in 20 seconds.

MSU took the lead with 20 seconds left on a long two.

Maryland came back and regained it with 6.6.

MSU's Lucious hit the dagger 3 at the buzzer.

Best finish of the tourney so far.

I should also note that Syracuse beat Gonzaga so badly today that Adam Morrison started crying again.

Anyone who actually understands and appreciates hard-nosed basketball needs to worship Chris Kramer as their new God, since Purdue's next loss will be his final game. Get thee on the wagon now or miss out forever.

This point still stands. (Y)

That would be your mistake of underestimating the Big 12. They don't just play football you know :angry:

Outside of the guys with cattle on their helmets, the football wasn't even that hot this year. :P

Big Ten teams in Sweet 16 = 3.

Big 12 teams in Sweet 16 = 2.

Scoreboard.

A&M brought some awesome runs to the table and kept getting inside at will. But, damn, their perimeter game wasn't getting much done at all. That guy Bryan Davis kept doing shit that centers should not be doing, like picking a PG's pocket and dribbling all the way downcourt for a nifty assist. But, Sloan, Middleton, and Holmes shot 7-32 combined. That's how Purdue wins games, and that's what everyone forgot.

Now, to enjoy this until next weekend, when Duke decides whether or not they want to stomp on Purdue's collective throats.

[quote name='JStarr' date='21 March 2010 - 07:32 PM' timestamp='1269214332' post='199475

Outside of the guys with cattle on their helmets, the football wasn't even that hot this year. :P

Big Ten teams in Sweet 16 = 3.

Big 12 teams in Sweet 16 = 2.

Scoreboard.

Don't get me started on Big 10 football :pervert:

I'll wait until the "game" is over to point to the scoreboard however :P

A&M brought some awesome runs to the table and kept getting inside at will. But, damn, their perimeter game wasn't getting much done at all. That guy Bryan Davis kept doing shit that centers should not be doing, like picking a PG's pocket and dribbling all the way downcourt for a nifty assist. But, Sloan, Middleton, and Holmes shot 7-32 combined. That's how Purdue wins games, and that's what everyone forgot.

I wouldn't be so hot on a team that wins games by hoping the other team shoots 21% :shifty:

But yeah, you stated the two things about A&M that sum them up all year. Davis is a fucking manchild on the court. Also, the trio that shit the bed in this game also shit the bed in the home game vs Kansas they should have won. They were only actually outplayed a few times this year. They quit making baskets cold turkey style in most of their losses. I felt they were overlooked because of that. The 8 losses looked a like a lot more they they were. I was also hoping the early January Purdue would show up.

Oddly enough, my "sheet of integrity" is outperforming all of my other brackets. I've absolutely nailed the West (only losing the opening round Gonzaga/FSU game). However, it is only at 55% <_<

However, in my women's bracket I only missed 6 first round games 2 of which were the 8/9 games.

Now, to enjoy this until next weekend, when Duke decides whether or not they want to stomp on Purdue's collective throats.

Syracuse lives up to their status as chokers yet again :(

Anyone watching that game must have thought that the 'Cuse were playing their first game ever with that new fangled orange ball. How many times did they just fumble it around like it was covered in grease? Butler deserved to advance because they didn't roll over like dogs once they fell behind 54-50, but I don't know how any of those clowns in white and orange can sleep tonight.

Edited by naiwf