The NRL 2010 Thread

Because it needs to happen.

What did folks think of the opening round?

I managed to catch the Dragons/Eels game, the Knights/Bulldogs game, and the Souths/Roosters game.

I've got to say, it was a real joy to see the unfancied and much maligned Knights do what they do best and win a game on pure guts. I think we'll surprise a few people this year. The forward pack is one of the most skilful you'll find, we've got a backline of mostly young, big guys with pace and skill to burn; and Jarrod Mullen is a young guy finally maturing into a first grade footballer. Add the level heads of guys like Simpson and Cross in the forward; the X-factor of Kurt Gidley at the back; and the raw talent of Isaac De Gois when fit - and we've got a side that could even push for the eight if they can stay mentally focused.

The Dogs... they just looked lazy. Idris is a myth.

From the other games, I was shocked to see the Bunnies go down so easily. I do fancy the Roosters as a side to give the comp a shake-up this year, but I also expect (and somewhat hope for) a good year from the Bunnies.

I still think the Sharks and the Warriors are the two likely to battle it out for the spoon.

Ahhh the NRL season, time for the Dragons to give me so much hope again only for them to do nothing come finals. They are the Colts of the NRL