So, the Nintendo 3DS...

I was the opposite during Avatar, I had a headache at first, then it went away as the movie went on. Nintendo has the right idea here though, no glasses = brilliant. People are not going to buy 3D televisions if they have to wear bulky, expensive, uncomfortable, goofy looking glasses. But 3D gaming without the glasses? On a portable handheld to boot? Nintendo just renewed their license to print money.

I read first impressions on Gamespot, and I think one dude got it right: The DS is supposed to be portable, and trying to play a 3D, portable gaming console on a packed, bumpy-ass bus is going to suck. I'm impressed by the technology, but I honestly have a feeling it'll be more trouble than it's worth, and give people headaches a lot. I'd rather see honed on home consoles first than portable consoles. Not to mention, 3D in small-scale is just gonna give me worse headaches than in... I guess normal scale.

And I too got a headache during Avatar. Eventually I adjusted to it, but the fact that it gave me a headache at all is still troublesome. As for 3D TVs, I've seen them in Sony stores, and to be completely honest, there was virtually no difference from 3D to 2D. I blame it on the footage they were using, but seriously... eh.

• Like 1