Recommend Me Exploitation/Genre Films

slain

The exploitation genre (or sub-genres) of film have always been of great interest to me. Especially Blaxsploitation, and Cannibal Movies. I also really enjoy zombie movies, and am looking to get into a little bit of Nazisploitation. I'm looking for any and all recommendations, good or bad. I want to expand my knowledge on these genres of film, and am also willing to explore any other sub-genres that are recommended to me. Below is a list of the exploitation films that I physically own.

Blaxsploitation:

Black Belt Jones

Black Samson

Hot Potato

Three The Hard Way

Black Dynamite

Cleopatra Jones

Coffy

Foxy Brown

Hell Up In Harlem

Jackie Brown

Cannibal Movies:

Cannibal Holocaust

Amazonia, The Catherine Miles Story

Blood Feast 2: All U Can Eat

I also own the standard zombie titles (the entire ...Of The Dead series, RotLD, Dead Snow, etc.)

I am welcome to any and all recommendations. Thanks to everybody who helps me out! (Y)

Blacula, They Call Her One Eye, and The Sinful Dwarf are a few obvious ones. They're all fun watches. (Y)

Also, you should definitely check out The Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane. It's sleazy, but unlike a lot of exploitation flicks, it's a legitimately "good" film. It's also notable for starring a ridiculously young Jodie Foster, who later disowned the flick for its content and her treatment on set. She's really good in it, though. It's one of my favorite films, in any genre.

I would also really recommend The Manson Family. It's a really weird flick, shot over the course of two decades due to budget problems. The ever-changing ages of the actors involved is hard to get used to, but the movie does a great job of making you feel like you're literally there. The Manson Family is such a mind fuck, but it's definitely my favorite Manson movie.

The original Shaft. Not the Samuel L. Jackson one, but the Richard Roundtree one from the 70s. I think it's enjoyable and a decent Blaxploitation film. Also, I'm Gonna Git You Sucka, while being a spoof, is a good spoof of the genre.

For Blaxploitation, I'm Gonna' Git You, Sucka is funny.

EDIT: Also look up Meteor Man.

For Jewish exploitation, The Hebrew Hammer is mildly amusing.

If you actually do love any and all zombie movies, methinks that the Resident Evil series probably would work for you.

Edited by Nick Adams