Madden 11

sahyder1

Madden 11  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Getting the game?

Online Franchise is painfully basic. WOuld it have killed them to include sore sort of AI trade logic? Another annoying thing is players wearing the same numbers. I know you can't change them as the commish, but it's impossible to catch them all. This is the case yet in the Pro Bowl, players can't wear the same numbers. The only game in the NFL where it's allowed!

Theres no real penalty if done in the preseason either..just if the opposing coach says anything, one of the players has to change jerseys. I remember a few years ago, the Eagles had 2 linebackers in with the same number. The other coach said something so one of them went over and took Jeramiah Trotters jersey for the rest of the game

Online Franchise is painfully basic. WOuld it have killed them to include sore sort of AI trade logic? Another annoying thing is players wearing the same numbers. I know you can't change them as the commish, but it's impossible to catch them all. This is the case yet in the Pro Bowl, players can't wear the same numbers. The only game in the NFL where it's allowed!

The real kicker is that it hasn't change one iota from last year. At least last year you can sort of forgive them for it being a brand new feature, and at least it made strides from '09's online season. But they seem to have done literally nothing with either mode.

Can anyone tell me why in the fuck there is no restart option in the Madden Moments? I hate throwing a pick on the first play and being forced to either quit and reload everything or play it out for the option to restart.

we are working on addressing some of the most common feedback in upcoming title updates. You all already know that we are planning on releasing an update to enable old-school pre-play controls right around the start of the NFL season, which also will include the brand new Madden Moments LIVE feature where you can replay the top games from each week. In that update we will also have numerous art, gameplay, and stability fixes included as well. Along with that, we have also planned a second update to come towards the end of September. Below is a list of the top priority issues we seem to be hearing the most about that we are looking at:

- Fixing a bug to allow friend invites to ranked games

- Generally making pass defense more effective

- Reducing number of broken tackles

- Fixing user blitz exploit(s)

- Tuning injuries

- Tuning CPU & GameFlow play-calling logic

- Improving play action blocking

- Improving kick return blocking

- Improving online connectivity issues with kick meter lag, media streaming, etc.

- Random stability improvements

Sounds promising, especially the return and playaction blocking improvements.

we are working on addressing some of the most common feedback in upcoming title updates. You all already know that we are planning on releasing an update to enable old-school pre-play controls right around the start of the NFL season, which also will include the brand new Madden Moments LIVE feature where you can replay the top games from each week. In that update we will also have numerous art, gameplay, and stability fixes included as well. Along with that, we have also planned a second update to come towards the end of September. Below is a list of the top priority issues we seem to be hearing the most about that we are looking at:

- Fixing a bug to allow friend invites to ranked games

great. I like keeping track of games vs friends.

- Generally making pass defense more effective

good.

- Reducing number of broken tackles

finally. I've had and seen so much raging over speed backs and just in general of players breaking 3-6 tackles a play. rediculous.

- Fixing user blitz exploit(s)

haven't really noticed this one yet.

- Tuning injuries

I've seen a lot of injuries in offline franchise games.

- Tuning CPU & GameFlow play-calling logic

not a huge issue.

- Improving play action blocking

yeah... play action = free sack half the time right now.

- Improving kick return blocking

I rarely get past the 20 on returns now.... they just go off on their own and don't even try to block for you.

- Improving online connectivity issues with kick meter lag, media streaming, etc.

I've missed quite a few field goals due to kick lag.

- Random stability improvements

ok!

looking forward to this patch....

Just a general query here, as it has always been something I struggle with in Madden games....are there any general tips for Franchise mode? Whenever I play more than a season, I only ever seem to make my team worse, and the way that contracts work, it doesn't always make it easy for me to see what constitutes a good deal, or what players in my team are earning way more than they should do.

EDIT: Also, when should I look to renegotiate contracts? I mean, if someone is on 1 year remaining, should I leave it as late as possible, or try and nail them down when the season begins?

Edited by Liam

It's usually better to tie down your big players early if possible and to long term deals, you don't want them to enter free agency. If I'm offering older players contracts I usually give them longish ones to reduce cap impact in the short term. Later on if I have cap issues, I then trade the older players and their big contracts. If a player asks for too much money for their position, just trade them if not too late or if they're of high value and it's free agency, tag them and trade them. Keeping your cap under control is a must.

I've never seemingly utilised the trade system that much really. I seem to worry a bit too much about trading over the odds for players, as again, I'm not always totally sure what constitues a 'good value' trade.

Can you put people up to be traded, so that the CPU makes offers? I assume you can, but I've never fiddled around with it too much.

Yeah, you can put people on the block, but I've never seen any success with it. TO get the best trade, look for the team that is the weakest in the position, they'll give up more. For example I'f I were to trade a 79 rated QB, I#d send him to the Bills for the highest value, because all their guys suck balls. Similarly you won't get a high pick for a RB if you trade him to Minnesota or to the Titans.