Blackpool in the Premier League?!

I really thought Chopra's goal would be the start of a comfortable Cardiff win but Adam's magical free-kick restored faith and I'm delighted Blackpool won, in a really entertaining game. I went to Blackpool vs Scunny in November, and Blackpool looked awful in the first-half as we went 1-0 up. They got a lucky equaliser, then our goalkeeper got sent off and Adam scored from the resulting free-kick. They went on to win 4-1 and played well, but I'd never have thought on that day that they'd be in the Premiership next season. I'm thrilled for them and Holloway. It restores my faith in football that a small club got so far with team spirit and positive managing, and sets a benchmark that we (Scunny), and clubs like Doncaster and Swansea could potentially emulate.

It's fantastic to see Blackpool up there, if I could have chosen anyone apart from my boys then it would have been them. Cardiff have built themselves a fantastic side but through some really insane money management, if they had gone up it would have been a huge cop out for them and possibly could have encouraged more teams to work outside their means - now they have to face the consequences without the Premier League money. Blackpool's victory was a victory for the underdog, for the passion of football and for common sense in football, live within your means as a football club and you know what? Someday it might be YOUR day. Despite Holloway sending us down to L1 I wish him and his side a great season next year. Now Ollie do us a favour and offer us £1.5+ million for DJ Campbell :)

^

|

|

|

Exactly what Castro said.

Being a Swansea fan everyone thinks it's just anti-Cardiff bias when I saythis but I woud have hated to se Cardiff go up after what they have done, all it would do is serve as an example that mismanagement can work, that if you get yourself into a big enough hole that HMRC's only chance of recouping the cash it to let you continue gambling and they will let you do that. It should have all been sorted lst summer and never got to that stage.

I just hope now that they cang et themselves out of the hole because I ever want to see a club go under, especially not one tht I have a genuine soft spot for.

As for Blackpool, had we been more adventurous in our final game they wouldn't have even made the playoffs, they deserved to of course, it just hits hard with what might have been. Good luck to them, I hope they spend the money on upgrading their club rather than highly paid veterens as logn term that's the right plan for them.

• Like 1

I'm Welsh, I'd have loved to see a welsh team in the premiership, and it just wasn't Cardiff's day, as soon as Bothroyd went off, they lost all shape. Nice to see Blackpool up, they're going to have to shore up the defence though, at times they looked shocking at the back, Chopra was carving them up, and if they do that with the likes of Drogba, Rooney or Torres, they'll leak goals.

As for Blackpool, had we been more adventurous in our final game they wouldn't have even made the playoffs

To be honest I don't think it as a case of lack of adventure, you had plenty of chances to put us away but just didn't have the finishing touch.

• Like 1

As for Blackpool, had we been more adventurous in our final game they wouldn't have even made the playoffs

To be honest I don't think it as a case of lack of adventure, you had plenty of chances to put us away but just didn't have the finishing touch.

Possibly, but sticking with one up front for most of the match when only a win would do is madness.