Modnation Racers

I'm slowly falling in love with this game.

But it can be annoying at times, especially when ahead in a race, as there's not too many opportunities to get your boost bar up enough so that you can shield from opponent attacks.

Oh, and I'm glad the downloads are free. My nephew has made me download shitloads already. :/

• Like 1

I kept coming up short in the 'finale' of the second round of races in Career yesterday, but felt I'd get there eventually.How many race tours are there altogether?

I'm there too :(

PS. here is my McLovin, not the greatest, I'll prob edit it some more later. Also working on Harley Quinn and Seth (Jonah Hill) and Evan (Michael Cera) from Superbad as well

mclovin.jpg

Got this earlier. Its a bit of fun, weapons seem far too important as to the outcome of any single race, and the shielding doesn't seem to be effective, though my timing needs to improve. It takes an eternity to connect to the store (5 mins and counting, I wanna download some mods damn it!), though my PS3 does have an alarmngly crap connection in comparison to the 360 and the Laptop). Seems like a solid racer, though I'm basing this on about 45 mins play, I'm certainly gonna play more later.

EDIT - Has anyone else had issues with the game saying it can't connect to the network, even though you blatantly are connected to the internet and are accessing things off the PS dashboard fine?

Connection problems are fine now. Is there a way of changing what mods and karts the CPU uses in single player race modes (non career), for instance if I downloaded a load of WWE based mods, I'd want a WWE wrestlers race. Same if I got a load of Mario Kart mods.

Right i had a go at Sheamus, Bit hard as i dont watch WWE so have been going though alot of pictures to get it to a alright standard. I found him really hard to make. Hope this is alright for you?

ModNationRacers.jpg?t=1277028647

Also just because i was bored, I made a simple Bionic Monkey!

ModNationRacers_1.jpg?t=1277028743

Might start work on a Sheamus Kart if your like the mod

I'm struggling to win a lot of races, I think I've only won 4 total. Also, I find some of the bonus challenges for advancement a little tough, I seem to be able to complete the challenge OR finish third, but not both (or, indeed WIN as you need to), it's a fun but slightly flawed karter, and I slightly suck at it. But, because it's fun I have little problem re-playing races over and over.

As mentioned by somebody else, the weapons are too much of an issue in the game.

It takes an age to fill up your boost bar, but when you shield (which I actually have no problem doing) from attacks, all of your boost disappears, which sucks a huge dick when another kart fires anything at you a few seconds later, because you're unable to shield twice in a row. :/

It's little niggles like that which have made me glad that I've rented this and not purchased it. It's definitely fun, but I don't think I could enjoy it over a long period of time, which is a shame, because with minor changes to how the races go, this would be flat out awesome.

If only there were things to drive in to, much like how you get the weapons, to shield from attacks, instead of using the 'must have boost' for both that and the side-sweeping.

Agreed entirely ^

I wouldn't have minded the odd extra mode too, like Mario Kart has the battle arena's JUST for twatting each other with weapons. Other things like a Desturction Derby mode and PGR style challenges would have been nice too.