Modnation Racers

The demo is on PSN, has anyone else checked it out? The track that's playable on the demo is fun, as is the driving. It has the same problems that bug most kart racing games - that weapons make for lots of unfair finishing positions and annoyances, and it left me with a Mario Kart 64 hankering.

Of course the big plus the game will have is the insane level of customisation with the ability to create drivers, karts and tracks, which would probably be the biggest selling point for me.

Just bought it last night for like 15 bucks off the sticker price, and I am happy with the full game, lots of stuff to do, they already have Super Mario and recent movie mods of the characters and the racing cars. The full menu set up is like PS Home which is kinda cool.

Some of the mods on this game are fucking brilliant.

I already have awesome Steve Austin (complete with truck), CM Punk, John Cena, Edge and Triple H mods.

Not to mention a snazzy Wayne Rooney in a made up Utd shirt for next season with AON sponsoring.

I haven't played all that much yet, I've just been admiring the mods/karts.

From the few races I have had, it's heaps of fun. I kept being blown up by the AI, but that was before I knew how to build up the boost quickly so that I could shield from attacks, so once I can shield properly I should get along with it fine.

I'm not sure how deep the modes get, but I've only rented it and will hang onto it until I get bored, so I won't be losing out.

Here's some of the pictures I took on my phone last night ...before I realised using photo mode within the game meant the pictures you took were automatically saved into the photo's section of the XMB Bar. Oh well... - Will spoiler tag in-case they turn out too big.

15062010085.jpg?t=1276691870

Stone Cold! Stone Cold! Stone Cold!

15062010086.jpg?t=1276691870

Cena

15062010087.jpg?t=1276691870

My favourite up to now, CM Punk

15062010089.jpg?t=1276691870

Rooney

15062010090.jpg?t=1276691870

Jigsaw

I forgot to look last night, but I badly want a Sheamus, fresh with an orange kart to ride around in. :shifty:

I'm getting this in the next few days, can't wait to make some mods. I intend to make The Doctor (Tom Baker and Matt Smith variants) and Delirious, though that Punk is AWESOME.

What's the track designer like?