RIP Paul Gray 1972 - 2010

Powerhart

Saw this on twitter. Not a fan of Slipknot but still, RIP Paul Gray.

According to the Associated Press, the body Slipknot bassist Paul Gray was discovered this morning (May 24) in a room in the Town Plaza hotel in the band's home town of Des Moines, Iowa. He was 38 years old.

No further details are available at this time, although local police say they intend to carry out an autopsy to determine the cause of his death tomorrow (Tuesday, May 25).

Prior to his death, Gray had been working on an album with HALE!, a metal supergroup featuring former Judas Priest frontman Tim 'Ripper' Owens and Sepultura guitarist Andreas Kisser.

Our thoughts are with his family, friends and band mates at this sad time.

http://www.kerrang.com/blog/2010/05/rip_paul_gray_1972_-_2010.html

This really sucks. Slipknot was the first band I can remember that really made me want to start playing music. Their self titled album has been a huge influence on me over the years. Just a few weeks ago when some friends and I were coming back from a road trip we played that album from start to finish and sang along to every song. I'm glad I got to see Slipknot play live twice and both times the show was absolutely phenomenal. Paul will surely be missed.

• Like 1

Slipknot was indeed a hero of my adolecence. My enthusiasm for Slipknot could be defined as idol worship, fanaticsm, etc. Sure there was the whole angry teenager bit, But I felt the music had much more to offer. My favorite bass lines from Paul were the slow and dreadful riffs. They genuinely made me feel music in a more intimate way. Its saddens me infinitely that'll I never got to experience your bass playing live. Thank you Paul, for all the amazing music that you contributed to. I'm going to miss you along with your other fans. Rest in Peace (2)