Historical Updates

Want to start a new game some time in the past but am struggling to find information on which historical updates are accurate and which are not. The ones on EWRInventory aren't very good what with certain workers having stupid stats and having the wrong nationality etc. I know there have been 1998, 1999 and 2000 ones done well but are there any other decent ones out there?

I've checked some data from the '80s and most of them simply suck. Abnormal stats for some wrestlers, while others get 0 in every field. That is bad, because it would be great (at least for me) to play with some legends at their prime.

I've checked some data from the '80s and most of them simply suck. Abnormal stats for some wrestlers, while others get 0 in every field. That is bad, because it would be great (at least for me) to play with some legends at their prime.

It's ridiculous that some wrestlers who were in their prime then have better stats in the June 2010 update than the old ones. I'm keen to do a WCW 1990 game, picked up a few events from that year and in my opinion the roster was top notch, especially the really strong tag team division.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

In general, the newer the better.

Anything from August 2003 and forwards uses the same base, so each successive update has more workers and such.

The historical scenarios, in general, were created by one guy taking the default data and adapting it to 2001, then 2000, then 1999 and so on. As you can imagine, by the time you got very far into that you'd stop caring about things other than having names and champions correct. :)