I'll Have A Battle, Please

Naw, you can count me out, I'm having serious creative block, couldn't whip up a stickman in paint right now

:unsure:

2cyjo09.jpg

You could have asked me for help. On the sly of course :shifty:

If Eddie wants to add my pic he can... It won't get him far ^_^

So we're just waiting on nufan?

I really like your graphic, Drew. Its very close to the image I had in my head when I came up with the theme. Since I'm not a graphic maker myself, I can't speak to the technical side of things, but from a purely aesthetic point of view, the one drawback to me is that the upper-right hand portion of the graphic seems a little 'dead'. I really enjoy the style of wave you chose to use, the lightning/sound wave imagery is solid, and the surfer riding what seems to be guitar strings is really cool.

So we're just waiting on nufan?

I really like your graphic, Drew. Its very close to the image I had in my head when I came up with the theme. Since I'm not a graphic maker myself, I can't speak to the technical side of things, but from a purely aesthetic point of view, the one drawback to me is that the upper-right hand portion of the graphic seems a little 'dead'. I really enjoy the style of wave you chose to use, the lightning/sound wave imagery is solid, and the surfer riding what seems to be guitar strings is really cool.

Thank you DMN, I appreciate it. The theme was pretty challenging, I like that.

I guess nufan's got 27 minutes of CST remaining to post, that is unless he PM'ed to either you or Norro.

Well, I guess you'd 'win' by default, unless you want to give him an extension. That's on you, and either way, I'd be happy to give him my thoughts on his graphic, should he post it.

Eh lets give him another twelve hours. I've been excited to see some competition.

...and....how about just til the end of the day. If nothing's shown up after 12:00, I guess we can call it a contest.

Also, if it matters, I apologize for the double post?

Hey guys sorry bout the delay... haven't been online for a few days... Did something to my back at the gym on thursday and have been pretty sore since... Sitting at the computer has been the last thing on my mind lol.

Back at work today so that means plenty of free time, so I will try and post something up today, if I can't i suppose i lose by default.

once again sorry for the delay

Hey guys sorry bout the delay... haven't been online for a few days... Did something to my back at the gym on thursday and have been pretty sore since... Sitting at the computer has been the last thing on my mind lol.

Back at work today so that means plenty of free time, so I will try and post something up today, if I can't i suppose i lose by default.

Understandable man, hope your back's feeling ok.

See if you can get something posted up, and if not, there's always next time for sure.

Understandable man, hope your back's feeling ok.

See if you can get something posted up, and if not, there's always next time for sure.

doing it now, shouldn't be too far off

yeah think i need to drop the weight when i do dead lifts lol especially if it puts me out for days

here is my entry... went a different route with it but fairly happy with how it worked out

soundwave.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'd give the nod to Drew too...

The ideas in both were good but Drews just seemed to draw more attention etc.

nufan is simple and straight to the point, and I like that style myself.

Personally was confused by the LastFM reference (unless the "surf" comment is in relation?)

I'd probably be interested in actually entering this time round.

If I take my time I won't get bored and quit halfway through creation.

But I'll take part this time round...

I've got tomorrow off work, with only a few errands to run so I have a bit of time get it started :P

Edited by Rocky Feller

I'd probably be interested in actually entering this time round.

If I take my time I won't get bored and quit halfway through creation.

But I'll take part this time round...

I've got tomorrow off work, with only a few errands to run so I have a bit of time get it started :P

LOL, Too confusing for me, so I'll ask--

Rocky, are you wanting a new battle or to re-enter this one?

Sorry it took me so long to get back to give my final verdict. Been feeling like shit.

Moving on to nufan's graphic, some of the things I like about it are also the things holding it back. I like the idea of going with an ad for a radio station, it's a take on 'surfing a sound wave' that I never would have thought of. Unfortunately, in execution, it came off rather bland to the eye. Solid and simple is good, and means it won't be bad, but its missing that spark, whether it be a color that stands out, or a font choice, whatever, to make it stand out.

That is why I'm going to give this battle to Drew. I said I would judge this purely on aesthetics, and his is the more eye-catching graphic. Good work by both of you, though, it was pretty close.

• Like 2

Sorry it took me so long to get back to give my final verdict. Been feeling like shit.

Moving on to nufan's graphic, some of the things I like about it are also the things holding it back. I like the idea of going with an ad for a radio station, it's a take on 'surfing a sound wave' that I never would have thought of. Unfortunately, in execution, it came off rather bland to the eye. Solid and simple is good, and means it won't be bad, but its missing that spark, whether it be a color that stands out, or a font choice, whatever, to make it stand out.

That is why I'm going to give this battle to Drew. I said I would judge this purely on aesthetics, and his is the more eye-catching graphic. Good work by both of you, though, it was pretty close.

Thanks for judging DMN, yeah I should have read the rules a bit clearer.. to be honest I was stumped to think of an idea before jumping on lastfm and it just clicked. I have been doing a lot of professional styled ads lately at work and seems to have carried over to my personal stuff lol

I'm up for another battle if u guys are