Saw3D *Spoilers*

NM!

Just saw it today and I have to say at the moment, I'm thinking it would be placed as my second favorite. I loved the ending, which was really the only good way to end this movie, and while the acting seemed poor with the police, the suspense with the trap side of the movie was good enough to make up for it.

*Major spoilers on main characters.

Jill's death was fitting since that trap seems to be a Saw favorite as was the presumed death of Hoffman was nice since it brought back the bathroom where Gordon started. Sort of a big circle leading there. I've heard that there is going to be an 8th movie so I figure they might do to Hoffman what they did to Eric.

I can't remember where I read it, but I heard that they've been kicking tires on finding writers for the next installment.

Just because something is called the last one, doesn't make it so. Especially in the horror genre. Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday... Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare... The Final Destination... all supposed to be the final installments in their respective franchises, but all spawned sequels.

Saw WILL return. They may take a year or two off, but there WILL be another one.

I thought this was the worst out of the series, and that's an accomplishment considering most of the movies in the seires. I did like the ending... and that was about it. The premise of the victim of the main trap series was good... but the traps themselves, I thought, were boring, and I didn't like how it had nothing to do with the overall plot of the movie/series. The opening trap got my hopes up. I thought we were in for a series of public traps and the movie would explore the idea of our culture being one of jaded, detached, observers. Nope. The 3d effects were lame(especially the CGI gore flying into the camera), and the dream sequence was a complete waste of time.

What really bugged me was the machine gun out of nowhere. It was at that point I stated to my friends "Man, fuck this movie." Also the fact that the police station only had about 6 people in it, while the target of a genius serial killer is supposed to be under police protection. And how Jigsaw 2.0(don't know names, don't pay that much attention to the series) completely no-sold being stabbed in the neck. And I hate it when the victims do what they need to do to disarm a trap, but some random event happens, and the trap goes off(the key slips around the lock and the time runs out even after they've mutilated themselves to get the key, for example), completely negating their self-sacrifice, when learning about self-sacrifices is what the games are supposed to be about. It's not just this movie that did it, I know, but it happened twice here.

The scene with the skinheads was kinda cool, though.

• Like 2