An attempt at creating a better 2001 scenario

Hello everyone!

Last year I got back playing EWR and I tried the 2001 scenario. As you know better than me, the pre-2003 data are not that good; so, I started to make a new 2001 version, which you can find here.

It is a bit minimalist version, especially in the relationship, tag team and alter ego fields; the former because I think they are often abused (relationships have a huge impact on morale and tag team experience can hugely improve match ratings), and the latter because I could not trace all them.

Now, if you will please try this scenario and write here all your impressions and advice, it would be awesome!

• Like 1

Very well done. I don't find it minimalist at all. It's a big improvement on the previous '01 data. Good stuff. (Y)

How would you rate it? The stats, charisma. ect? I played a pre-2003 game and I remember that everyone shot up to main eventer in a few weeks in game time due to through the roof charisma.

Looks pretty good, fair stats in most areas quickly going through it. Maybe some overness issues with some but nothing too big, would debate whether there needs to be some companies that only have a few names on their roster but can see the reason for their inclusion. Could be a fun game keeping WCW and ECW out of debt too.

The only thing that I noticed is some salary issues. There are some workers and staff making $1000 and some others that seem to be making a bit more than what they would have been in 2000. That's more of a "tweeking" thing. Not a lot of workers but that's quite okay since I think there are too many in some of today's updates. Especially since we most of us use the same handful of workers. Everything looks good to me though.

While this scenario doesn't suffer from the same over-inflation as the previous 2001 scenario, it feels like it's an over-exaggerated deflation in a lot of stats. Going through people's stats, you'd think you'd be hard-pressed to find someone excellent at their craft. I thought I'd edit a few WWF workers to their appropriate stats but found I was editing absolutely everyone, and not just for wages either. Just for a few examples once I started the game so I could use filters, the top 5 charisma's were Raven (100), The Rock (100), Vince McMahon (100), Steve Austin (95) and Chris Jericho (95). I'm a big Raven mark myself, but no way was he ever more charismatic than Austin or Jericho. I'm even willing to overlook that Mick Foley and Kurt Angle are even further down the list at 90. And on an overall spectrum, Mike Awesome and Masato Tanaka have a 90 for brawl while Austin has an 85, Triple H, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit have 75. I'll put my edits for the individual WWF workers I started to edit in spoiler tags, but I will say that this being a beta version, the lack of tag teams, alter-egos etc doesn't bother me, and I quite like that you have so many promotions to choose from, even if you only have a few workers in some of them.

Al Snow - Raise tech from 40 to 80. Raise charisma from 75 to 80. Raise attitude and behavior from 85 to 95. Lower wage from 38g to 22g

Albert - Raise brawl from 55 to 65. Raise speed from 0 to 10. Raise tech from 0 to 15. Raise selling from 35 to 55. Lower wage from 80g to 19

American Dragon - Make birth month May. Lower overness from 45 to 35. Lower wage from 40g to 15g

Big Bossman - Change finisher from Boss Man Slam to Bossman Slam. Raise brawl from 55 to 61. Lower stiffness from 80 to 60. Lower selling from 75 to 60. Up overness from 50 to 60. Untick trainer and menacing. Lower wage from 78g to 18g.

Big Show - Raise selling from 45 to 50. Raise overness from 78 to 82. Raise Charisma from 70 to 75. Raise Attitude from 75 to 95. Lower wage from 170g to 90g

Billy Gunn - Change gimmick from Cool to Old School Face. Raise brawl from 65 to 75. Raise tech from 0 to 40. Lower selling from 80 to 70. Raise overness from 65 to 71. Raise charisma from 70 to 75. Change short name from Billy to either Gunn or The One. Trade finishers around so One and Only is primary and Fame-Ass-Er is secondary. Lower wage from 95g to 40g

Bradshaw - Raise brawl from 60 to 73. Raise charisma from 70 to 75. You may also want to tick Superstar look, as he always looked like the standout star of the tag team, and did later become a huge main event superstar. Attitude I would raise from 55 to 70 though, as many reports about him are about behavior more than attitude.

Brian Kendrick - Raise tech from 35 to 45. Lower wage from 15g to 13g

Brock Lesnar - Lower brawl from 80 to 70. Lower speed from 40 to 25. Lower tech from 60 to 55. Lower overness from 40 to 20. Lower charisma from 65 to 58. Tick shooting ability. Lower wages from 60g to 12g

Bubba Ray Dudley - Raise brawl from 75 to 79. Raise tech from 0 to 10. Untick fonz factor and menacing. Lower wage from 115g to 25g

Bull Buchanan - Raise brawl from 60 to 67. Raise speed from 10 to 25. Raise tech from 0 to 10. Lower wage from 40g to 12g

Chad Collyer - Lower speed from 65 to 20. Tick Superstar look and trainer

Chaz - Raise brawl from 50 to 65. Raise tech from 30 to 62. Raise charisma from 50 to 60.

Wage calculator, based off of Bill's Nov update:

Overness: Wage in G's, Special exceptions

00-20: 6-10 (rare exception: 12-15)

20-40: 9-12 (rare exception: 15-19)

40-60: 12-16 (rare exception: 18-22)

61-70: 17-20 (rare exception: 22-27)

71-80: 21-35 (rare exception: 40-70)

81-90: 36-70 (rare exception: 80-100)

91-100: 71-130 (rare exception: 140-170)

Edited by IDM
  • Like 1

Thank you for examining my scenario: if you have other suggestions, they are always welcome.

Charisma: I'm trying to put as less 100 as I can and put only rating ending in 0 or 5 (as it seems actually difficult to distinguish between an 81 and an 83), so -basing on your suggestions- will these corrections work?

Vince McMahon, The Rock and Steve Austin 100; Chris Jericho and Mick Foley 95; Raven and Kurt Angle 90.

Brawling: I gave Tanaka and Awesome higher values because of their aptitude to hardcore, which the others more or less lack.

In general, I gave statistics and qualities basing on assumptions clarified here and here. Waiting for any meaningful responses to those questions, I will not alter them significantly. This does not mean I am disregarding your suggestions, but I'm only waiting to know how statistics properly works or other suggestions consistent with yours.

I read on wikipedia (not the best source, but the first coming to my mind) that the Bossman was assigned as a trainer to OVW just before being released in 2003; so the trainer tick could stay.

Altered Snow's attitude, behaviour and wage; to me, he does not deserve such a huge bump in tech (but I can give a low 60s rating).

Altered Albert's brawl, speed, tech, selling and wage.

Added Dragon's birth date and lowered his overness and wage.

Edited Bossman according to your suggestions (except for the trainer tick).

Edited Big Show, except for Charisma: I don't think he deserves an increase.

Edited Billy Gunn, except for brawling and charisma.

Edited Bradshaw according to your suggestions.

Edited Brian Kendrick.

Edited Brock Lesnar, save from shootfight; or does amateur wrestling count as shooting?

Edited Bubba Ray, but I think he deserves more than 25g, doesn't he?

Edited Bull Buchanan, except from brawl.

Edited Collyer, but does he really deserve superstar look?

Btw, the wage guide is awesome. In the making of the next version, I will adjust them according to that.

Thank you for examining my scenario: if you have other suggestions, they are always welcome.

Charisma: I'm trying to put as less 100 as I can and put only rating ending in 0 or 5 (as it seems actually difficult to distinguish between an 81 and an 83), so -basing on your suggestions- will these corrections work?

Vince McMahon, The Rock and Steve Austin 100; Chris Jericho and Mick Foley 95; Raven and Kurt Angle 90.

That looks much better

Edited Brock Lesnar, save from shootfight; or does amateur wrestling count as shooting?

Edited Bubba Ray, but I think he deserves more than 25g, doesn't he?

Edited Collyer, but does he really deserve superstar look?

- I believe amateur wrestling does count as shooting, because wrestling is a big part of shoot fighting.

- It feels like Bubba should get more, but realistically I doubt he did end up getting paid that much more than anyone else who had been with the company a year and a half as a midcarder. He was picked up from ECW who might have been paying him decently for ECW standards, but since they couldn't give him a $1 raise to convince him to stay, I doubt WWE slapped him with twice what he could have been making in ECW. Your call though.

- I've never seen Collyer wrestle but he has the Superstar look in modern day updates.

IMO Collyer does not definitively have superstar look.

I will tick shooting to all amateur wrestlers then, you were right about it.

@kdcastles: I do not know when I will upload the next version (I will wait for other suggestions to come and entering all the corrections is time-consuming), but the beta-version in the first post is at least better than the default 2001 scenario.

• Like 1

Is this better or worse than the update Rated-R put out a few years back? Because it sounds like TS started on the original 2001 scenario by Anthony, not the much better one that Rated-R Superstar put out.

Yes, it is. Rated-R Superstar made one a few years back that got pretty extensively worked on by himself, me, and a few others. It's still not perfect and I've tried to go back and fix it even more many times now, but it's at the stage where there's just a few minor overlooked errors and additions you can make, nothing glaringly bad. I did notice that your's is based in January, though, and his is a March 2001 Fusient Buys WCW type of deal. I had to search the board for it a few days ago, but the original topic is still around. Search for "Somewhat Improved 2001" and that should find it. I also swear that the latest version still available was not the last version he put out, I think there's another out there, but i'm not positive. I've done so much work on that scenario on various computers before losing interest that it's hard to say what was actually released.