Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters

sahyder1

24 members have voted

1. 1. Plan on buying it?

So with Gamestop having their extra 50% on trade-ins right now I'm pretty sure I'm going to take NBA 2K11, Black Ops, and Pokemon White over there and apparently, this game is only $40 for the next couple weeks. I've always liked playing the golf games but I haven't picked one up in probably 3 years, is it worth picking up to buy or is this just something I should rent?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Tiger Woods 10 and 11, I'd say rent - but this, buy it.

The career mode over the last few years has gotten a bit tedious, so having the aim of reaching the Masters, then defending it increases the longevity of the game. And if you're one for getting achievements/trophies, this is the best Tiger game to date for that sort of stuff.

I haven't played much of either 10 or 11 so the career shouldn't be to bad plus the allure of the Masters is probably enough of a sell for me. That and you can beat the hell out of me on PS3 so that's always a plus.

So assuming I get $20 for Black Ops, $10 for NBA 2k11 and $10 for Pokemon White I'll be picking this up in a couple hours from Gamestop. I'm guessing I'll probably practice swinging until I get it to 70% like suggested above and probably practice putting a little before jumping right into a career. That is unless I get ripped off at GameStop, then I'll just trade them in for an extra 25% for trading them in towards NCAA 12.

Pebble Beach can go find the biggest bag of dicks imaginable, and eat them. :angry:

I went from -1 in the first round, to +4 in the space of a few holes in round 2 (I play 36 hole tournaments) - I managed to claw back to something like +2 by the end, but that was only good enough for a tied 46th place finish - not great considering I'd won 3 tournaments on the bounce.

Oh well, I'm slowly climbing the EA rankings and should break 50 soon. Plus, I'm still at #1 on the FedEx leaderboard. In about 9 events, this was only the second time I've finished outside of the top 10.

It was partly my fault, but the greens are so fucking hard to putt on there - by far the hardest I've experienced in the game so far. Do you have a mic? We'll play a round online when you get it just to get you into it. You can then beat my ass from that point on.

No mic here sadly, I had one before and it broke. It's very rare I play online and even rarer I play with anyone I actually know (everyone has a 360 around here) so I never bothered to spend the money to replace it. I'm not sure if I'll be on later tonight with it or not as I've got some other stuff I need to get done, but I'll add you and I'm sure you'll see me on over the next couple weeks playing it.

Fuck my caddy, seriously. I wish I could get the overhead view back so I could just tell the guy to go drown himself in one of the two water hazards he had me hit into while I was doing the Q School event. Other then that and my horrible putting skills the game has been a blast but it really takes away from my enjoyment when I can't see what's ahead so I'm forced to trust my caddy only to have him send me straight into a hazard rather then a little to the right where the entire fairway is. Or when I do putt preview and it has it going straight in, I hit the ball perfect and it rolls 12 feet past the fucking hole.

Edited by Trey

Is there anyway to not have the events you skip not kill your ranking? Because if not I'm probably taking this back due to the fact I don't want to have to spend another 50 bucks just to make this game playable.

Is there anyway to not have the events you skip not kill your ranking? Because if not I'm probably taking this back due to the fact I don't want to have to spend another 50 bucks just to make this game playable.

I didn't realise it made much of a difference, seeing as they're not exactly major tournaments anyway - it's probably because I've been doing well in the events so far, so I haven't noticed. shifty.gif

I just won the Welsh Championship at Celtic Manor! Not the biggest win (I won The Players) but definitely my favourite. Still top of the FedEx with 6 wins from 10 events, finishing outside the top 10 just twice - I blame the awful pin positions at Pebble Beach and St Andrews.

• 2 weeks later...