2011 Cycling Thread

Attaaaaaaaaaack!

Andy going for it.... the Schleckster making his attack stick, and, my TDF broadcaster cuts to a commercial, classy... Anyways, Andy still need a shitload of time to kill Contador and Evans, because both can time-trial better..

...and cut to Missy Fucking Higgins (assuming from the username you are with SBS as well).

I happen to like that song... and yes, I'm an SBS'er

Well I happen to hate Michael Firrito, so I guess we're even? :P

The Japanese sports channel show every single stage in full and then break it down afterwards and preview the next stage. Sadly it's in Japanese so I follow the cyclingnews feed on the computer at the same time.

We also get every single important race of the season and a few not-so-important ones. Great place to live for cycling.

Lucky... Other than the Tour De France... we don't get much... the Tour Down Under... highlights and the odd stage of the Giro (not even in full, like the Tour)... and the Vuelta, we get get about 15 mins of highlights, or we did last year...

Attaaaaaaaaaack!

Andy going for it.... the Schleckster making his attack stick, and, my TDF broadcaster cuts to a commercial, classy... Anyways, Andy still need a shitload of time to kill Contador and Evans, because both can time-trial better..

...and cut to Missy Fucking Higgins (assuming from the username you are with SBS as well).

I happen to like that song... and yes, I'm an SBS'er

Well I happen to hate Michael Firrito, so I guess we're even? :P

What's to hate about Firrito, other than he plays for North Melbourne?

Oh here we go... Sammy and Alberto conversing again...

Hahaha the Japanese commentators were all "SPE-SHI-AL BI-KU!" Perhaps they assume it has an engine. Or that it's got some steak stuffed into the frame somewhere for sneaky nibbles. <_<

The Euskaltel car helping him for a bit there...

The commentators we Aussies have think it was a deliberate change, that allows Contador to basically fly up the Col de Galibier.. I'd wanna have that bike inspected, if that is the case..

Or test his blood to steak ratio... <_<

Edited by Michael Firrito

Monfort's done. Andy's alone, dragging up Roche, Iglinsky and whoever that Katusha rider is (I haven't been paying attention to him). Devenyens couldn't follow the pace increase.

EDIT: It's Silin and he's rocking off the back. I don't think Roche or Iglinsky will help though. Roche could be riding back into the top 15 today though as I doubt the chasing group will be very big after another 16km!

Major politics in the front group. They're never going to bring them back at this rate. Contador came forward for about 10 seconds then dropped right back again. Europcar won't lead the group (I think Voeckler doesn't expect to finish the day in yellow anyway) so Evans was stuck doing everything.

Smyzed ATTACKS to force a chase! Evans follows and he's pulled back. Geraint Thomas is up there.

The group is losing itself the tour. One of the big names has to just attack when it hits the crazy percentages in ten minutes.

Voeckler is sticking with Cadel... Maybe Voeckler (only 32, he has a little time) will be a Tour winner... not this year, clearly, but damn he is stubborn, and very, very impressive.

Edited by Michael Firrito

Sammy Sanchez is starting to yo-yo out the back. It's been left to Evans to try and pull this back. Miserable tactics from Contador though. Ridiculous.

White jersey riders all with eachother at the rear of the group.

Evans pulled back 30 seconds.

Andy's attacked and dropped Iglinsky. It's solo to the top and Andy's won me back a LITTLE today by going on such a suicidal attack. ROMANCE ROMANCE ROMANCE OF CYCLING!

Awesome to watch, isn't it? C'mon Andy!!