3D Movies

Gabriel

Just a year or so ago, anything released in 3D at the theatre was receiving the same treatment on DVD, coming equipped with the paper glasses.

Right now, it seems like everything released in 3D is only being made available as such to people with 3D Blu-Ray Players and Televisions.

Does anybody know why this is? Furthermore, does anyone know if any future films here will be coming with the paper glasses on DVD/Blu-Ray for us people who can't afford the $5000 tv's?

Nope. Don't think so.

Everything seems to be available on either standard Blu-Ray or 3D Blu-Ray. To be honest if you're going to watch 3D then you really need the TV and player to do it justice for the full "experience".

Having said that, there's very little I'd want to watch on 3D (I don't have a 3D TV). Tron would probably be the only release I'd bother with or maybe Resident Evil 3D just cos the scenes with the executioner looked amazing.....well and for Milla of course. :wub:

Because the paper glasses in almost every circumstance were the OLD SCHOOL red-cyan anaglyph versions of 3-D, which were technologically inferior to the sorts of 3-D they were pulling off in theaters. For example, the Coraline "3-D" release prior to the 3-D TVs. That said, I'm not a fan of the current tech for the 3-D TVs, but that's just me apparently. I think after some refining, the technology will improve greatly.

That said, there are VERY few movies that I've seen where the 3-D was just better, especially because very few movies I've seen in 3-D in theaters have properly compensated for the amount of brightness/vividness of colors that is cut out by the lenses.