"Primetime" Comeback?

sahyder1

But what Bluesman is saying is that you haven't really said anything to back up the claim that he's mediocre, that's the whole problem with the thing. If you could come up with a reason other than just because it would be a bit more acceptable.

I'm a Ravens fan and can take a difference in opinion, but I'm not going to sit back and watch you rip on the team I like when I know that some of it is untrue. Yes, the defense isn't as good as it was in 2000 in some eyes, but in a lot of eyes, they're better. In 2000 they didn't have Ed Reed, a guy who's the next generation Ronnie Lott. They had Rod Woodson there, but he was what, 38 at the time, and Reed's like 25 or something.

I can deal with Lewis not being an elite back yet, but when you put Marshall Faulk above him, I'm going to question it. I've never seen anything in Faulk that I don't see in Holmes, Tomlinson, or even Tiki Barber for that matter. Lewis is still semi-young and can still make himself an elite back, but calling him "good" isn't that right either. Like Bluseman said, "good" backs don't get 2000 yards. Whether you care about yards or not, it's a milestone to people.

This got off-topic in a hurry, so let's just quit the bickering or change the thread to argument over how the good the Ravens are. :mellow:

Edited by Livid

Your defense is NOT as good. Ed Reed will never be able to hold Rod Woodson's jockstrap, and younger isn't always better. As for calling someone the 'next generation Ronnie Lott', you better have a frame of reference to make that claim, as Lott was one of, if not THE best saftey to ever play professional football. This is a man who had his finger cut off so he could go back in a game. Don't compare Ed Reed to him, its not fair to Reed.

As for Marshall, right now, no, he is not 'elite'. Does he still have the talent? Yes, but injuries have slowed him down. He's in his earl 30s, which, for a RB, is old, but if he took time off, I am sure he could come back and be nearly as good as he was before. Make no mistake, he WAS the Rams offense, not Warner, not Bulger, it was all about Faulk. Holmes is just a touchdown machine, and LT is the best all round back in football today, what he's doing on that shitty Chargers team is amazing. As for Tiki Barber, he's a good third down back, but he fumbles too damn much.

As for Boller, I don't need a singular 'reason'. I've watched him play, in college and in the pros, and he does NOTHING to impress me. Hell, I'll take Kordell Stewart over him, because at least he's proven he can win. Boller is a mediocre QB with a strong arm, he's like a crappier Kerry Collins, without the ability to make plays.

For your information, I'm not the only one calling Ed Reed the next generation Ronnie Lott. I know what Lott has done because I'm a 49ers fan before I'm anything else. And Reed not being able to hold Woodson's jockstrap? Woodson's good, maybe even great, but have you seen Reed play in the 2 seasons he's been in the league? You don't just become the league's best or one of the best, Safties in the league for nothing. The guy has the skills to become a great in the NFL and has already shown flashes of it. And by no means am I taking anything away from Ronnie Lott, he's damn near one of a kind, but Reed has shown a lot of the same ability that Lott did. You say what you will, but I'm not the only one saying that Ed Reed is this generation's Ronnie Lott.

And you do need a reason why you think he's mediocre because without one, you're basically just saying that he's mediocre because you said so. You can have your opinions, but more times than not, you need to have back up on those opinions to make them credible. And comparing Boller to Mr. Alcholic isn't right to Boller. Boller hasn't really shown anybody what he can do on an NFL level. Perhaps he's better than you think, maybe he isn't, but back up your claims so it looks credible.

Look, the Raven's won DESPITE Boller. Stats in the NFL don't mean as much as they do in other sports, especially from the QB position, because of intangibles. From everything I've seen, Boller does not have the intangibles.

And comparing Boller to Collins isn't fair to Collins, because at least he's won in the league, and is considered a top 15 QB.

God damn it. Get it through your head.

I AM NOT BASING MY THOUGHTS JUST ON HIS ROOKIE SEASON

I saw him play at Cal. Thats 4 years I have seen him play, at least. He does not impress me AT ALL. He never has. He's got a strong arm, and nothing else. He will never be a winner in the NFL. I don't care if the Ravens win games, because its all on the strength of their defense and their running game, NO BOLLER. Hell, Dilfer was BETTER then Boller.