The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

I think the Blues can be beaten, though it may take seven games to do it. They don't have the playoff experience and teams with real firepower are able to open their system up and get outshoot them. Their goaltending is good, but the stats are deceptive just like Detroit goalies' were forever and ever - it's easy to post shutouts and high SV% when you only face ~20 shots.

If the playoffs start today, I don't how you don't logically take Pittsburgh. There's time for them to cool off, but they've got the right mix of everything, they're riding a huge win streak, they just got the best player in the world back and have a goalie who's playoff made.

I haven't seen enough of Nashville this year to be sure, but they seem to be on a go-for-broke run. If they do get Radulov back to compliment an already pretty good offense, I think they've got a fair chance. Vancouver and Detroit are both fully capable of going to the finals as well.

The penguins are just too deep when they're healthy. Staal and Malkin are both big bodies, almost impossible to knock off the puck. And with Fleury playing top form, they're definitely the team to beat.

Pittsburgh is my pick for the East, but no idea who they'll face. As of now, I'll go with St. Louis, but I still think Vancouver or Detroit might make it.

Haven't paid much attention to the Red Wings, but do they still have a couple guys out with injuries?

Why do the Leafs only win when there is no chance at the playoffs?

Tank! I want a high pick, not to finish 9th and miss out on the playoffs AND a good pick. At least Reimer is getting some play, and winning.

Why do the Leafs only win when there is no chance at the playoffs?

Tank! I want a high pick, not to finish 9th and miss out on the playoffs AND a good pick. At least Reimer is getting some play, and winning.

I was afraid that we wouldn't get to do the whole go on an amazing winning streak once the playoffs are already out of reach and come just short thing this year. I should have known they'd find a way to put themselves in that situation again.