The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

cauc, I have no idea what you're talking about. We're in the playoffs. With Patrick Roy in goal, we're shooting for consecutive cup number ten. It's quite the dynasty. Joe and Patrick might retire after this season though :(

No Colorado or Toronto in the playoffs means about 80% of the posters in this thread aren't emotionally invested. Would anyone be interested in a playoff picks contest or even a Royal Rumble-style lottery to make it a little more interesting in here?

Yeah, I'd be interested in seeing how a pick'em style game would fly. Count me in.

Royal Rumble!

....how does that work? :shifty:

I'd draw random numbers 1 - 16 for everyone who signs up that correspond with each team's overall ranking (draw 1 and get Vancouver or draw 16 and get Ottawa, etc). Gives everyone a dog in the fight and something to cheer over.

The other way would be to do regular pick'ems for each round: who wins each series and bonus points for getting the number of games right.

Love the idea!

Also? I fucking love Brian Burke press conferences! He says Reimer was blind sided by Gionta, that the Pittsburgh model is crap since they won a lottery. Not just a lottery...a GOD DAMN lottery.

Royal Rumble!

....how does that work? :shifty:

I'd draw random numbers 1 - 16 for everyone who signs up that correspond with each team's overall ranking (draw 1 and get Vancouver or draw 16 and get Ottawa, etc). Gives everyone a dog in the fight and something to cheer over.

The other way would be to do regular pick'ems for each round: who wins each series and bonus points for getting the number of games right.

I invoke a Rikishi/Goldberg Clause and immediately take whatever Nashville's number is, for that is the best number. :shifty:

Alright, I guess we'll go ahead with the Rumble thing since it's pretty straight-forward and I wouldn't have to do any kind of tabulating, which is a major plus. If we get 16 members in, great. If not, I'll cut it off at only the first 8 to reply (taking myself out) and each person can get a draw from both conferences.

How it will work, again. I draw you a random number between 1 and 16 which corresponds to where each of the playoff teams finished in the regular season league standings. That's your team. Cheer them on in this thread, talk mad shit, and win a prize of some kind (haven't decided what yet) plus bragging rights if your team ultimately wins the Cup.

Entries:

1. c-heat

2. Plubby

3. Ruki

4. Midget

5. Vamp

6. pizzamonkey

7. MPH

8. SDM

9. Be

10. Mountainous Cleavage

11. Dragsy

12. LD

13. damshow

14. Srar

15. cymru96

16. LNK

We are go!

Alright, I guess we'll go ahead with the Rumble thing since it's pretty straight-forward and I wouldn't have to do any kind of tabulating, which is a major plus. If we get 16 members in, great. If not, I'll cut it off at only the first 8 to reply (taking myself out) and each person can get a draw from both conferences.

How it will work, again. I draw you a random number between 1 and 16 which corresponds to where each of the playoff teams finished in the regular season league standings. That's your team. Cheer them on in this thread, talk mad shit, and win a prize of some kind (haven't decided what yet) plus bragging rights if your team ultimately wins the Cup.

If we're going with League standings, I'd be #5 (which is Nashville's number...and therefore the best number :shifty: )

Guest mr. potato head

I'll play, and some first-round predictions for fun:

New York 4-0 Ottawa

Boston 4-2 Washington

New Jersey 4-2 Florida

Pittsburgh 4-1 Philadelphia

Vancouver 4-1 Los Angeles

St. Louis 4-3 San Jose

Phoenix 4-2 Chicago

Detroit 4-2 Nashville