Rate The Director : Quentin Tarantino

fr34k

68 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Director (1= worst; 10= best)

2. 2. Your favorite Tarantino flick!

• Reservoir Dogs
    • Pulp Fiction
    • Jackie Brown
    • Kill Bill Vol. 1
    • Kill Bill Vol. 2
    • Death Proof
    • Inglorious Basterds

I voted 9.

Quentin Tarantino creates a certain kind of film, there's no doubt. He has a certain formula - well, maybe not even a formula...I'd suggest a set of ingredients, if you'll allow the awful metaphor - that he sticks to for his films. Obviously, he relies on homage, pithy, profanity-laden dialogue and violence in order to make his films, but for me it's always worked. Furthermore, the number of references to Pulp Fiction and Resevoir Dogs in every-day pop culture is staggering, and I think that level of resonance proves a good director.

Pulp Fiction was my favourite, but like others, I've not seen a Tarrantino flick that I didn't, at the very least, like. I think I enjoyed the Kill Bill films more than others here. Jackie Brown grew on me over time, and I even managed to like Death Proof, which was probably the reason he got a 9 rather than a 10.

I honestly only recently saw Reservoir Dogs for the first time, and I loved it, but it'll never take Pulp Fiction's place in my mind. That movie was, and still is, the ultimate in cool.

I gave an 8. Reservoir Dogs is the best for me, by far. The concept is awesome, the characters are cool and the dialogue isn't too niche at this stage. It doesn't have any of the over the top sillyness that you get in his later films like Kill Bill.

Jackie Brown was a little too plain for my tastes though, and Death Proof is fucking terrible.