Euro 2004

pigeon

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deco? Deco was shit. He could have run and scored goals when the ball fell to the right side, but nooo! He's too fucking scared for that!

And Ronaldo? He's football's Teddy Hart - talented, but too arrogant for his own good. His passing was shit and he displayed no damn intelligence when he was on the pitch.

They all did shit. Except Figo and #10, they all just got scared. Very poor.

Greece meanwhile did well. Full credit to them.

Ah well... it might be good for England, if we get to play them. At least we can see how they can be abliterated.

I have to admit, I am impressed by Greece, can't wait to see how they do against Spain.  Speaking of Spain, they should definately beat Russia later, at least I hope so.  I'm predicting Spain to do better than most expect this year.

And everyone thought Portugal will beat Greece before this match...

I can see Russia causing an upset, seeing as how Spain has never really performed at major tournaments, and with Raul Bravo, of all people, in your defence, anything can happen.

Russia did well IMO. They tried to wind up Spain with rough tackles, and although Spain didn't bite, they still managed to defend well. On top of that, they also managed to trouble Casillas, rather impressive for Russia, me thinks.

I read a newspaper article the other day, and it was the russian goalkeeper and he said Russia could win it. I dont think they will win it but they will definately do well IMO

Fun first day, i can remember a lot of tourneys that sucked a lot more during the first games of each group, let´s hope the other 3 groups start that nice to.

I don´t kno what they are showing on TV in England ore werever you are, but they showed some stuff from Greece on German TV and the streets there are packed with people like they already won the tourney.

Edited by Michael Matzat

Y'know how Figo's been bitching about how Deco's in the Portugal team, I don't know why he's so uppity about it when you think about who the Portugese coach is.

Oh yeah, and go on Valeron. I've got you in the Sun Dream Team :D

Edited by Turbonegro

Well BSIG I am so happy to say gutted now :P I was so pissed when I read how you said Italy cant win and how it is bullshit and that Portugal or England will win it. It's pretty simple now, Portugal are all but out. Seriously I cant see them beating Spain which means they are gone, and heck I'm glad. There performance today was pure shit and Greece deserved to win about 3-0. Yet BSIG I was also wrong in the prediction :(

The Spain game was good. Valeron scored a good goal yet after that he looked pretty poor and was moving way to slow to be playing in a game like this. Russia could have drew this game but have thereselves to blame. Everytime they got on the ball they would piss about and try to much instead of having a pop at goal.

Overall I thought the first game was slightly better than the second, yet a good start. Overall a good day, most of us got the prediction for the first one wrong, but oh well.

Looking forward to tomorrows game too. I wish Terry was playing just so him and Henry could go up against each other as there seems to be a little fallout between the two.

Well BSIG I am so happy to say gutted now  :P I was so pissed when I read how you said Italy cant win and how it is bullshit and that Portugal or England will win it. It's pretty simple now, Portugal are all but out. Seriously I cant see them beating Spain which means they are gone, and heck I'm glad. There performance today was pure shit and Greece deserved to win about 3-0. Yet BSIG I was also wrong in the prediction  :(

Correction: I WANT England to win. I predicted Portugal would win :shifty:

And I still don't think Italy will win :P

But hey, it's all to play for. I still think given a chance, Portugal can win.

Damn, how did Croatia not score? And where was the Swiss defence? I got confused there because I thought half time had come and gone and they had switched ends