Euro 2004

pigeon

The goalkeeper handled it. Not on purpose, and not deserving of a red card (yellow at most), but he did touch it. Still, I'm happy - Portugal are going to keep my predictions alive!!!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greece are through barring a stuffing from Russia, and if the Greeks win against the Russians then they play 2nd in Group B which will hopefully be England

someone is stil dreaming :D

The reply and a zoom in clearly showed that he didn't touch the ball intentionally. It warranted a booking, nothing more, nothing less.

i still havent even seen him clearly tuching it by anny means :/

He DIDN'T touch the ball. First it hit his chest, and it stopped moving in the direction of his attacker, it rolled towards his arm.. which was ARCHED OVER the ball, his shirt may have been against it, but the reply's clearly show he made no contact with his hand/arm at all.

Terrible refereeing there.

Russia are out then. One thing I was a little sad about was them going out when they have been pretty good. They really were unlucky to draw such a hard group.

Greece are through IMO. They have been on fire and are looking to go undefeated and whoever says they want England to draw them are crazy. You were lucky that Beckham just scored that freekick in the last game and that was when they were a little poor. Seriously Greece are looking to make a huge upset in this tourniment and I can see them going to the semi finals at least.

Spain will beat Portgual too and put them out, but that doesn't bother me as I have been bored of watching Portugal, they have been boring IMO.

Another good day of football though, but tomorrow will be huge. If England lose they are out, so its a huge game and I can see riots near my house if they lose :(

Another good day of football though, but tomorrow will be huge. If England lose they are out, so its a huge game and I can see riots near my house if they lose  :(

Near your house and over here. The english fans have been doing enough damage as it is, and if England loses this one, it'll be hell for the cops. I still don't see what's so fun in hooliganism...

IMHO, the Russia goalkeeper definitely didn't handball outside the area intentionally. The refereeing was terrible. Some players got yellow cards even for fair tackles (ie Jorge Andrade).

Well, Russia are out and Greece are through to the quarter finals. Portugal must beat Spain to make it through, but I don't think they will be able to do that.

Near your house and over here. The english fans have been doing enough damage as it is, and if England loses this one, it'll be hell for the cops. I still don't see what's so fun in hooliganism...

Nothing. A small minority (compared to UK's population, I understand there were quite a few people involved t'other night) are acting like complete fuck heads. That typical English-person abroad, eating nothing but chips, watching football, drinking beer and fighting culture is really fucked up. Twats. Even if we get thrown out, I doubt they'd learn.

Bastards.

Nothing. A small minority (compared to UK's population, I understand there were quite a few people involved t'other night) are acting like complete fuck heads. That typical English-person abroad, eating nothing but chips, watching football, drinking beer and fighting culture is really fucked up. Twats. Even if we get thrown out, I doubt they'd learn.

Bastards.

By no means take my post as an attack to English people, it's not. It's towards hooligans in general. I just specified the english fans because for the last few nights there have been disturbances over here and the media says it's mostly english fans who get drunk and fuck up. A few bars have been forced to closed because they got completely destroyed by hooligans. But anyway, my post is not an attack on English people in general, and if it seemed so I apologize.

By no means take my post as an attack to English people, it's not. It's towards hooligans in general. I just specified the english fans because for the last few nights there have been disturbances over here and the media says it's mostly english fans who get drunk and fuck up. A few bars have been forced to closed because they got completely destroyed by hooligans. But anyway, my post is not an attack on English people in general, and if it seemed so I apologize.

Not at all. I was condeming the football hooligan culture in our country - which doesn't seem to exist anywhere else. The Portugese have seemed amiable hosts, and to fuck them over like that is messed up.

But on to football, I thought Ronaldo was good today - surely he warrants a 1st team start.

I watched the replay of the sending off incident a few times, and it's still very hard to say if he got contact on the ball. If he did it was very slight, and I don't know how the ref could have spotted it. Slightly harsh on Russia, but at least it sets up a winner takes all encounter between Spain and Portugal, which is the sort of match that makes championships worth watching.

And I got both my predictions today spot on in Matzat's league thingy. B)

Most countries have some degree of hooliganism (particularly South America), but of the Europeans England's probably is the worse, it's pathetic and it'll harm our chances of getting to host a World Cup again. These people think they're the real fans because they'll fight for their nation, when they're actually not fans at all. I think most have problems and they should use harsh punishments to try and stamp it out.

Good football again today, all this football fits in very nicely with my time off.

TSN is fucking with my whole day, showing the US Open instead. Guess the old people couldn't just watch a highlight vignette instead. A note to Canadian viewers, the games are gonna be showed at 3 and 7 respectivelly. Honestly, who watches Golf on TV?