Euro 2004

pigeon

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alessandro del Piero and Cassano once again the best players on the pitch in the opening 45. Totti was shite against Denmark, he's no big loss. I can't remember him ever doing much on an international stage, especially in a tournament as big as Euro. This has been the best half a match so far this tournament.

Alessandro del Piero and Cassano once again the best players on the pitch in the opening 45. Totti was shite against Denmark, he's no big loss. I can't remember him ever doing much on an international stage, especially in a tournament as big as Euro. This has been the best half a match so far this tournament.

Cassano was superb, no doubt about that, but Del Piero IMO, has been rather average in the first half. He kept losing the ball at the beginning, although he came close with a 20-yard shot.

Gattuso got a yellow card, does this mean that he will miss the next match? If so, it is a blow to Italy.

I expect Larsson to be more prominent in the second half. He has been largely missing in the first half.

italy better catches no goal now

first it would suck for my prediction and second it would cause trapatonie never to play that offensife again after having a lead, i feel like i have to be gratfull for italy not totaly closing down after the lead, shit they can play so sweet and they do it so rarly :(

edit - yes, of cause, leaf me alone *cry*

well world class goal, best goal of the tourney even if italy tried to help that just looked awsome.

Edited by Michael Matzat

Very good game there. Italy were by far the better side but I wanted Sweden to get something anyway so it's all good.

And Ibrahimovic scores the luckiest goal of the tournament and did you guys notice that it was vieri (who showed how shite he is at heading throughout the game) who failed to head it off the line.

EDIT - do you guys realise what happens if Italy win 2-0 against Bulgaria and Denmark and Sweden draw 1-1?

UEFA, in a stroke of genius, would decide the qualifier out of Denmark and Italy.... with a coin toss

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

Very good game there. Italy were by far the better side but I wanted Sweden to get something anyway so it's all good.

And Ibrahimovic scores the luckiest goal of the tournament and did you guys notice that it was vieri (who showed how shite he is at heading throughout the game) who failed to head it off the line.

I actually don´t think he could have gotten that one of, it just was so slightly under the bar (you could see that perfektly from cammera behind the goal); i mean even if you are big, react fast enough in that situation (after such a wacky hattrick) to lift you own body to that hight in what wassent even annywere near a second.

Edited by Michael Matzat

Best game of the Euro so far.

Italy deserved to win it by far and anyone who disagrees knows fuck all about football. If it wasn't for Vieri having a terrible day then we would have won quite easily. Sweeden got lucky if you ask me. They played well in the second half but only because we made shit changes that shouldn't have been made. At first I thought there goal was a bit of a foul but maybe thats just me.

I cant see us going out now though. Bulgaria have been terrible and we can easily score three against them which will put us through. Plus its likely for Sweeden to beat Denmark and that means all we need is a 1-0 win which should be piss easy. No one can deny how well we played today though, just pure amazing the first half. I think it was punacci's best game that I have ever seen him play for Italy. Del had a good game I must say but is still not at his best. Cassano played brilliant but it wont stop Totti comming in if we do make it to the semis, simply because everyone knows Totti and Cassano play amazing together, so someone else will more than likely be axed. Gattuso played great too. I love how he fires the crowd up all the time. Buffon had another amazing game and like Robson and Ally said, he made the best save of the tourni.

A solid performance but Sweeden got a piss lucky goal if you ask me. Although I'm pissed with a draw I know its not over yet and I also know if we play like we did today, we can kill Bulgaria to get us into the quatre finals.

It's just been reported that one of the French football players has failed a drugs and alcohol test after the match last Sunday. If this is confirmed as positive, under World Football Federation rules, paragraph 6, sub section 2e, France will forfeit their 3 points and they will be appointed to their opponents, England.

Scroll down for the full transcript of this report.

Carlsberg don't release news reports, but if they did, they'd probably be the Best news reports in the world.

:lol: Found this on some other forums. Literally made me laugh out loud.

Italy deserved to win it by far and anyone who disagrees knows fuck all about football.

Or, that might just have a different opinion from you?

I'm starting to back Sweden. Here's hoping they go all the way, even though they probably wont.

Latvia is giving o hell of a game again if you think of how annyone considert them as the underdog to end all underdogs before this tournament started. They giving some good preshure instead of just reliing on their defensife lines like some other teams tend to do whom you expect more offensif work from usualy.