Euro 2004

pigeon

In a few hours there could be pure riots in Portugal if they lose to Spain and go out. I cant see Greece losing and the same goes for Spain. Portugal deserve to go out anyway as they haven't done anything good what so ever. They are the host nation for crying out loud, they should at least entertain fans, yet they haven't done that at all. Spain will win and Greece will win, putting them both through. That's what I think anyway, but I can see the Portugal game being very big to be honest.

I'm just wondering if NTL are going to allow you to view both match's though.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riots? Easy there, fella. We aren't as violent as that. Nah, if we go out, I'm pretty sure there won't be any problems. Anyway, we deserve to go out. We've been playing like shit and it's like I said before, the players are more focused in looking good for commercials (in one of the last press conferences before the game with Greece the main subject was about Cristiano Ronaldo's new haircut, for fuck's sake!) than in playing well and winning games. Last time we met Spain we got our asses kicked 3-0, and this time it won't be different. I'd love for Portugal to win, but I just can't see them doing it. The squad needs a wake up call of some sorts for a long time now, and Scolari isn't the one to do it. The last decent manager we had was Humberto Coelho in the Euro 2000, I believe, and they kicked him out. Ever since, it's been downhill, and as much as it costs me to say this, if Portugal wasn't the hosting nation, I believe they wouldn't even be in the Euro. They need to get their heads out of their asses and realize they're a disgrace as of right now.

Edited by Y2Johnny

Current score:

Russia 2-0 Greece

Spain 0-0 Portugal.

So if Portugal wins, does that mean both Spain and Portugal will go through?

Greece are in total shambles right now.

EDIT: Well, Greece just scored. So it's Russia 2-1 Greece

Edited by G-O-D

Guest BigDirty

Four questions:

1) Why didn't Morientes start?

2) Why was Luque the first striker to get substituted in?

3) Why were the spanish strikers so incompetent in front of the goal?

4) Does Saez want to be Advocaat?

I so hoped for Spain to win so I could point my fingers at people who said Portugal is gonna win it all and laugh at them (no offence to Portugal, but in Germany a lot people said Portugal is gonna win the tourney, so I would've had lots of fun laughing at them ;) ). :(

If we do end up against Portugal, we're certainly going to be getting a lot of tedious news articles talking about the 3-2 loss last time. Then we'll have the customary interview with David Beckham talking about how they're confident that they can win, and that'll they will definitely not let something like the 3-2 match happen again.

And he'll be right, because we'll lose in a straight 1-0.

What, I get pessimistic when it comes to the knock-out rounds. <_<

That was quite a shocker. Portugal were very poor until they scored and Spain seemed content with the draw, but after they scored Portugal looked like a very good team and Spain just couldn't get into the game. Also, not like it means anything, but I was quite shocked that Russia beat the Greeks.

That was a pretty poor game, a real letdown after last night and both teams weren't great. That said, I'm glad it's Portugal who go through as Spain's defensive tactics were boring as anything.

I don't think Portugal would a good draw for England at all.

Guest Red Devil

Just a few thoughts from me on the last couple of days.

Best match has definitely got to be the Czechs v Holland, great match and Czech deserved the victory in the end.

Spain going out was a shock and Greece losing was a shock so that means if England do go through then we'll have to face Portugal, not to happy about that but it's good to know that Portugal aren't exactly on top form.

Tonight's matches should be good, France should easily beat the Swiss and I'm hoping we can defeat Croatia. Rooney has to keep on form and we have to try and get Owen to wake up. Hopefully there isn't heartbreak tonight for us.

Well, as a fifteen year old going to the club to watch the match, I also have to say I hope we win. The Boston Crew are coming down today, and Boston was the place that had the worst trouble in England when we lost to France, so I'm hoping we don't have a repeat of it in my town. Though I have to admit a good old fashioned riot does sound slightly appealing.

today HAS to be time for THE KILLER~!

If Ivan kills england today i got all of you against werder in the next Championsleague :lol:

GOooooooooooooooaaaaall 1:0 Croatia

i toled you you can´t keep plaing like this if you want to stay in the tournament, let´s see if england is wacking some guys up, if you continue like against swis and france minus the ref luck, this is it.

Edited by Michael Matzat