Euro 2004

pigeon

I'm just wondering though, if they DO win, who do they meet in the next round?

They would have got Italy if Italy won their group, so I presume it would be Denmark/Czech Republic, yeah. Might be wrong though.

About England playing badly; they improved so much when they actually controlled the ball and passed it about against Croatia. Against France and Switzerland all they wanted to do was boot a ball in the air, but the long ball doesn't work when you have two fairly small men up front. Once they played a bit of football on the floor they got so many chances to get the goals.

The thing with that though was that they actually had the right tactics to begin with. When we took off players like Rooney, Scholes and bought on the wrong players in the wrong position, we faultered. With the right tactics, we can do well, and Sven goes about things the wrong way at times.

Obviously they've still got work to do on set pieces, we haven't looked comfortable on them at all.

That's our biggest worry personally. Even with bad tactics we seem to be able to carry on somewhat, but James doesn't seem to set up his goal right. That and he's shit. S-h-i-t-e.

Sorry. But football is football, it is made for rubbing it in. What do you think all fans do? Especially to Arsenal this year when we didn't win the treble.

Football was made to be beautiful and bring people together in the name of fun and sport, not for some twat on a computer to make fun of others. If England get blitzed by Portugal, and they all rub it in your face, will you be thinking the same thing then? I doubt it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't mean it is made for rubbing it in. At club level you could say it is, because fans of Arsenal would rub things in Utd fan's faces etc.

Basically, I am glad that Italy are out, sorry. I know an Italian and he won't hear the end of it from me for months, since he was saying about how they would win it and that England won't do very well and don't have a chance.

Edited by Gooner4Life

They would have got Italy if Italy won their group, so I presume it would be Denmark/Czech Republic, yeah. Might be wrong though.

The semi-finals will be:

England or Portugal Vs Sweden or Germany/Holland/Latvia

France or Greece Vs Czech Republic or Denmark

I don´t see the need for going gung-ho already, kuranie is terribly lost yeah, but running into the open knife issent the best solution, i bet somewere in the second half the offens will get more players.

halftime, without the two brilliant goals this wouldent be annywere near a whatchebell game if you ask me.

Edited by Michael Matzat

Gung-Ho? I meant having two strikers, what is the harm in that? When you HAVE to win a game, having the normal 2 instead of 1 should be the best thing to do if you ask me.

Germany aren't showing any passion, they don't look like they can be bothered half of them, they need to get a big team talk at half time if they want to go through.

Mind you, I hope they don't :P

sorry, i missread that you wanted all three of them on the field

i hate Bobice like crazy, i dislike klose even if he joins bremen this season (well i still would mark if he gets a goal, becaus i mark for every werder player that scores :/)

I´ed rather like to see Lukas Podolsky even if he is pritty young and has zero international expirience. (if i recall it right at least)

This game better gets better in gernneral ore they give me more of such nice goals <_<

Personally I want Germany to go through, because I would totally mark out for a England Vs Germany Semi-Final, though Germany do need to up their game a little here if they want to have a chance of beating the Czech Reserves.

And just for the Gooners out there, I'm sure you'll all be pleased to know that Ruud has now scored more goals than Henry in the tournament (I had to handle some stick when Henry scored a double from my Arsenal supporting friends, so I'm damn sure going to give it out tomorrow).