TEW05 Classic Update: 1997

Finally my 1997 database be has reached a point where I feel its completed enough to be playable.

I would like to openly announce its not 100%, the big promotions would be more accurate but the lower the promotions go it gets a little tricky so their rosters are made up from results around the start date of January 1997. On top of that I've included in workers who will debut during 1997 (if anyone noteworthy is missing I'll add them in for any future updates).

Also there is no worker picture pack mainly due to the fact I was focusing on the data rather than images, all picture are set to their main file name unless it's a notable change of image for a gimmick (like Goldust).

This is a list of in game promotions

- All Japan Pro-Wrestling

- All Japan Women's Pro-Wrestling

- All Pro Wrestling

- Asistencia Asesoría y Administración

- Big Japan Pro-Wrestling

- Border City Wrestling

- Catch Wrestling Association

- Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre

- East Coast Wrestling Association

- Extreme Championship Wrestling

- Fighting Investigation Team BattlARTS

- Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling

- GAEA Japan

- IWA Mid-South

- Jersey All Pro Wrestling

- Michinoku Pro Wrestling

- National Wrestling Alliance

- New Japan Pro-Wrestling

- Northern Championship Wrestling

- Ohio Valley Wrestling

- Organization of Modern Extreme Grappling Arts

- Toryumon Mexico

- United States Wrestling Association

- World Championship Wrestling

- World Wrestling Federation

- Wrestle Association-R

Here is a list of workers in game who are under a previous name that might not be know (they also have it featured in their description in game).

- Akinori Tsukioka - Kuishinbo Kamen

- Big Daddy Adams - Anthony Kingdom James

- Brad Cain - Lodi

- Chris Justice - Abyss

- Ciclóncito Ramírez - Pequeño Olímpico

- Damiancito el Guerrero - Virus

- Danny Morrison - Danny Doring

- David Jericho - Kid Kash

- Eddie Fatu - Umaga

- Emi Motokawa - Emi Sakura

- Erin O'Grady - Crash Holly

- Espectro, Jr. - Mini Chessman

- Fierito - Pequeño Violencia

- Filoso - Nitro

- Histeria - Super Crazy

- Jamie Howard - Jamie Noble

- Katsumasa Kuroki - Magnum TOKYO

- Kid Guzmán - Tigre Blanco

- Lucifer - LuFisto

- Máscarita Sagrada, Jr. - Tzuki

- Matt Anoa'i - Rosey

- Mitsunobu Kikuzawa - Kikutaro

- Nobuhiko Oshima - CIMA

- Nobukazu Hirai - Super Hate

- PJ Walker - Justin Credible

- Robert Maillet - Kurrgan

- SAITO - Super Shisa

- Sexton Hardcastle - Edge

- Skull Von Crush - Big Vito

- Starla Saxton - Molly Holly

- Super Punk - Hooligan

- Takahiro Suwa - SUWA

- Tatsuki Fuji - Don Fuji

- Terry Richards - Rhino

- The Icon - John Zandig

- The Mongolian - Giant Bernard

- The Vampire Warrior - Gangrel

- Tiger Jeet Singh, Jr. - Tiger Ali Singh

- Yoshikazu Taru - TARU

- Yoshito Suamoto - Gamma

That just leaves the database, enjoy!

Data (including belts and logos): DIRECT (Under TEW05 Classics) & MEGAUPLOAD

Databases hosted on Eddie G's site at GNETWORK.TK and Idols's site at EWWAREHOUSE.INFO along with other EWR and TEW databases.

Known Errors

Workers

- Brittany Bottoms is missing.

- Chris Kanyon is missing.

- Dawn Marie is missing.

- Dr. Wagner, Jr. should have Mexico checked.

- Huracan Castillo, Jr. is missing.

- Ice Train is missing.

- Jason Knight is missing.

- Jose Estrada, Jr. is missing.

- Kaz Hayashi should be named Shiryu in M-Pro.

- Miguel Pérez, Jr. is missing.

- Ron Simmons needs his stats fixed.

Stables

- Dungeon of Doom is missing from WCW (Kevin Sullivan, Jimmy Hart, the Faces of Fear, Hugh Morris, and Konnan).

PPV Networks

- Rename iN DEMAND to Viewer's Choice

Edited by TheWho87

Aye who, would you have any issues about a possible conversion done to 2010 using this as a base?

I have no problem, I just thought their was already historic mods for TEW10. Main focus for these was the lack of historic data outside of specific scenarios.

Ill be looking for other historical mods also, but there is such a thing as trying to make the best things possible. By modifying yours and also if there is any other out there, can try to populate it to an EWR level hopefully for both games to make it the best possible.

Finally my 1997 database be has reached a point where I feel its completed enough to be playable.

Known Errors

Workers

- Buck Quartermain is missing.

- Justin LaRouche is missing.

- Rick Rude is missing.

Events

- WWF In Your House: D-Generation X is set to November (it should be December).

From what I've found, LaRouche didn't debut until 02.

Edited by tougie

Known Errors

Workers

- Rick Rude is missing.

Events

According to CAGEMATCH it has him debuting in 1997 (LINK)

Known Errors

Workers

- Rick Rude is missing.

Events

According to CAGEMATCH it has him debuting in 1997 (LINK)

Alright, works for me, adds more depth to the game anyway. And speaking of depth, I suggest adding Eddie Sharkey to the game considering he trained LOD, Rick Rude, Hennig, etc.

I think Manuel Partida/Halloween/Ciclope is missing as well. Can't seem to find him. Dunno who else, been more focused on getting pictures saved so far.

Speaking of which, if anyone can walk me through zipping a folder and uploading it to, say, megaupload, I just compiled a mostly complete People folder. It's not perfect, but it's a start.

I think Manuel Partida/Halloween/Ciclope is missing as well. Can't seem to find him. Dunno who else, been more focused on getting pictures saved so far.

Speaking of which, if anyone can walk me through zipping a folder and uploading it to, say, megaupload, I just compiled a mostly complete People folder. It's not perfect, but it's a start.

Thanks for that have also noticed Damián 666 missing so will add him to the list.

Thanks for that have also noticed Damián 666 missing so will add him to the list.

Averno is missing as well. His name should be Rencor Latino though, he didn't become Averno until 2001.

Edited by tougie

There's a little error I'm noticing here. Giant wasn't a member of the nWo in January of '97. He had been ejected from the group in December of the previous year. Easy mistake to make though. Also, Vincent should be a member of the group.

nWo Sting should probably be member of the nWo and a heel, he's a face in the data, and should probably be on a pay-per-appearance contract and also working for New Japan as part of nWo Japan which, I believe, started in December of '96 with Chono, Bagwell, Norton, and nWo Sting.

The nWo should consist of the following in January '97: Big Bubba Rogers, Buff Bagwell, Eric Bischoff, Hollywood Hogan, Kevin Nash, Masahiro Chono, Michael Wallstreet, Nick Patrick, nWo Sting, Scott Hall, Scott Norton, Syxx, Ted DiBiase, and Vincent.

EDIT: Ice Train is also missing from the data.

Edited by modernoni

Wow, thanks for the update, Who.

There are, I think, some alignment problems with WWF in the game (maybe WCW, I didn't play that yet), as several heels at the time (Triple H, Austin, Sultan) are listed as faces. Or is that just my memory playing tricks on me?

There are, I think, some alignment problems with WWF in the game (maybe WCW, I didn't play that yet), as several heels at the time (Triple H, Austin, Sultan) are listed as faces. Or is that just my memory playing tricks on me?

No, Austin was definitely a heel at the beginning of '97. He was only a face after his match with Bret at WrestleMania.

There are a few alignment problems in WCW too, for example Chris Benoit and Woman being heels even though they were feuding with Kevin Sullivan and getting face reactions with the Horsemen. Arn is also a heel, in spite of getting huge face reactions. Steve McMichaels is a face and so is Debra even though they were getting MAJOR heel heat (they were heat magnets, even though they were with the Horsemen).

I also noticed that the Dungeon of Doom doesn't exist in the game. It was still active, though fading, in January of '97. It should consist of Kevin Sullivan, Jimmy Hart, the Faces of Fear, Hugh Morris, and Konnan.

There's also no Chris Kanyon in the data. He should be part of an inactive tag team called "Men at Work" with Mark Starr with...I'm gonna say low experience. The team was inactive at the time because Kanyon was off-screen gearing up for his redebut as Mortis in March of that year.

And Larry Zbyszko should be a retired wrestler working with WCW as an announcer I think. I seem to recall him and Hall feuding that year, but not coming to actual blows until '98-ish.

And, this is just a personal preference, but I think Michael Buffer and Howard Finkle should be working as Backstage Workers rather than Announcers since they're not Announcers in the TEW sense of the term. Mean Gene too.

That's all I can think of that I've encountered so far.

Edited by modernoni

No, Austin was definitely a heel at the beginning of '97. He was only a face after his match with Bret at WrestleMania.

There are a few alignment problems in WCW too, for example Chris Benoit and Woman being heels even though they were feuding with Kevin Sullivan and getting face reactions with the Horsemen. Arn is also a heel, in spite of getting huge face reactions. Steve McMichaels is a face and so is Debra even though they were getting MAJOR heel heat (they were heat magnets, even though they were with the Horsemen).

Cena gets heat from fans, yet he's still a face. Its the same idea, Mongo got alot of heat back then, but was still a face and a member of the Horsemen. If you disagree, then maybe Hogan, Hall and Nash should all be faces because the NWO got huge face reactions.

Edited by tougie