Golden Globes 2012

GoGo Yubari

Parks and Rec is never going to win an award for anything, is it.

Also, I think part of it is that everyone knows what to expect from Gervais this year. His stuff about the Golden Globes being a sham awards show that's easily bought would have been just as "oh, he WENT THERE" last year.

Parks and Rec is better than an award that Big Bang Theory apparently deserved to win. I realize there's not a lot of logic in that... but it helps me sleep at night, so hey, why not.

Parks and Rec is better than an award that Big Bang Theory apparently deserved to win. I realize there's not a lot of logic in that... but it helps me sleep at night, so hey, why not.

What, did Kaley Cuoco win Best TV Actress in a Comedy last year or something? I have no real beef with that show's cast, they all seem like nice people.

Is anyone watching this but me and is anyone watching it for any reason to watch the awkward silences after Ricky Gervais says mean (but probably obvious) things?

I have it on as background noise, but only because of Gervais. Is Laura Dern's show any good? I've never heard of/seen it.

What, did Kaley Cuoco win Best TV Actress in a Comedy last year or something? I have no real beef with that show's cast, they all seem like nice people.

You really need to watch past the first series to understand the hate! But then I also thought it had won Best Series for some reason, but a little checking tells me it was only nominated. My bad.

Eh, I imagine I would just hate the writing, not the cast. I do have the first seven episodes or so of season two on my DVR, perhaps I'll start learning to hate BBT later this year.

Honestly I doubt you'll watch enough of it now to hate it. The problems start and increase from Season 2 onwards, but it's not like it suddenly becomes Two and a Half Men. It's a gradual transition. I'm sure you'd lose interest long before that unless you're REALLY looking for a sitcom to watch. Though yeah, cast isn't so much the problem.

Also I'm highjacking this topic to say fuck, I need to see Shame. I love Fassbender too much to miss out on a film that looks fantastic starring him.

Pretty much anyone out of Cranston, Lewis, or Buscemi winning would be awesome. I bet Grammer -- FUCK.

I have to keep reminding myself these awards are the jokey fake ones for Hey, It'd Be Fun to GIve This Person an Award so I don't get mad.

Pretty much anyone out of Cranston, Lewis, or Buscemi winning would be awesome. I bet Grammer -- FUCK.

I have to keep reminding myself these awards are the jokey fake ones for Hey, It'd Be Fun to GIve This Person an Award so I don't get mad.

Really? I liked Grammer on Boss.

Edited by Ron

Yes. Expect Matt LeBlanc to win Best Actor in a Comedy TV Series because they want to give him an award.

Homeland winning Best TV Series (Drama) is a perfectly fine "oooh, shiny!" result, though. The fact that Breaking Bad wasn't even nominated is a happy reminder that these awards are dumb.

EDIT: To be honest, I haven't actually seen Boss yet. I've heard Grammer is good.

On the plus side, he wasn't the worst part about that show. But that really doesn't mean much...

Looking at the nominations for Best Actor in a Comedy, outside of LeBlanc being nominated, I'm pretty sure none of the people voting have watched these shows for about 3 years. Duchovny and Baldwin are still pretty great, but there's a lot of others more deserving of an award, pointless as the Golden Globes are.

Ahahahaha, the composer for The Artist almost looks put off at having to go up and do the speech.

EDIT: Oh, perhaps he's just hammy and French. Man, for a moment he actually made me felt like these awards are relevant.

EDIT II: Oh right, I forgot that a song from Gnomeo and Juliet is nominated for Best Original Song and nothing from The Muppets is. Fuck.

EDIT III: Idris Elba, yay!

It's like this every year, though. Though Ricky Gervais is even less present this year than last.

EDIT II: And just when we say that, Seth Rogen undercuts Michelle Williams' win magnificently.

EDIT III: Peter Dinklage gives no fuck! Awesome. AND HE WINS!

EDIT IV: Claire Danes 1000% deserves this award. She is fucking wonderful in Homeland.