EWB Fantasy Baseball

sahyder1

Guest mr. potato head

Right, good luck finishing this off gents. And thanks for the kind words about Niese. Nice chain reaction there. Sahyder's got my sleeper choice for last pick of the draft.

MPH takes Mat Gamel. Draft Results are up. You can set your lineups. Thanks everyone and good luck. This ended up taking far longer then I hoped for. Good luck to all this season. If you want to talk trade send something my way or reach out to me via PM here or on twitter @sahyder1

I've been using the ESPN Draft Engine, and it ranks the teams based on projected figures. According to it:

1. LNK

2. bill_da_bill (and this with no catcher, to boot)

3. JStarr

4. Berober

5. Dragsy

6. Srar (again, no catcher until Montero gets eligible)

7. Midget

8. Sahyder

9. damshow

10. Lowerdeck

11. Hickey

12. MPH

13. 9 to 5

14. Eddie G

Good luck, all. You can hit me up for offers (Assdribble Cabrera's on the block right now) on my show's Facebook page or on Twitter @4QuartersRadio.

Can someone explain the bidding thing? I have people on the DL and when I tried to replace them it wanted me to bid. Never seen that before

yeah, I don't think anyone responded to my waiver rules question earlier in the thread so it stuck to that. Waiver is set to a bidding process. Highest bid for each player wins out. Your budget is shown on the standings page.

Is that for the whole season? I mean what happens if you spend it all and a player goes down?

That is just for players on waivers. Players clear waivers after 24 hours and are free agents. There is no bidding for free agents. Waivers only applies in the first 24 hours after draft, when someone drops someone or when a new prospect gets added to the Yahoo players list.

Oh ok. And do I need to pick up a Catcher? Or will that guy be available before we start scoring? Sorry to ask so many questions but I neglected baseball last year so I'm trying hard not to this time.

You'll need a catcher. By the time we start, the Mariners will only have played about five games, and Montero's DH'd in all of them so far. I think it's 10 games at the position before he becomes eligible, but sahyder may have changed that.