The Voice discussion thread

Your Mom

RaeLynn is really awful but hilariously so, especially now that she's dropped the "I'm so young and meek" shit from the battle round. I really enjoyed her as a TV character, though if she makes it past the next round something has gone horrifically wrong.

I was happy with all the results tonight besides Raelynn moving on. Well I guess I wish Charlotte would have made it too but it was still good results.

Raelynn is lovely :(

No, Srar's right. Raelynn is the shits.

I just caught up on the show today. GoGo's totally right about Erin. I also dig Wild Horses girl.

Can't wait for Cee-Lo's team! (Even though I probably won't be able to watch and comment for a week.)

Man, did someone tell the judges to drop the platitudes tonight? This is so ridiculously unlike anything they've done in the past... forever. Biggest offender thusfar was Christina's "you're one-note but we're all pulling for you but also you're not really the best singer and this shouldn't be about celebrity" re: Tony Lucca.

EDIT: Jesus, James Massone is so irritating.

EDIT II: Okay, Cee-Lo's team is pretty much going to be as straightforward as I expected except I'll go with James Massone in the top three vote-getters instead of Tony Vincent, with Tony getting the save because Cheesa was forgettable and Erin is Erin (I actually thought she had pretty good stage presence tonight, probably her best performance but she's still bad).

Adam's team... Jesus, I don't know. He's too publicly honest and he's probably hamstrung at least a couple of his singers, and when he didn't another coach, usually Christina, did. Karla Davis is dead in the water but I expected that anyway, and then I don't know. Tony Lucca will make it for sure, and then we'll have to see how things play out but I think it's going to be Kim vs. either Mathai or Katrina for Adam's save and I think he'll go with either of the latter two unless Kim really does damage with whatever song she picks.

Ok I just finished this. I know it's the rules but that sucks! If it were actually based on the performances Adam should only have like 2 people left. They were terrible. I really liked Tony and think the only reason he didn't go through is because of that one stupid note Chessa hit. Without that she wasnt that great.

I had no affection whatsoever for Tony. He got worse as time went on and if Monday's performance is what he's like when he's not singing Broadway then he should stick to Broadway. Cheesa's one note was better than all of Tony going full Voldemort last night.

I also wish Katrina hadn't gone through because her performance was full karaoke and I'm embarrassed by proxy at how hard they're trying to make her Adele. I fully expect that by next Monday they'll have conditioned her to speak with a British accent.

Blake is getting screwed over on time during every elimination round. Christina talks for 5 minutes about how much she loves everyone and then it's pretty much just "Blake! Name now!" Kinda lame. Jessie being gone was a big shocker but I am pretty happy with all the choices. I really like Lindsay Pavao so it's cool shes still there. Also I have been pretty hard on Raelynn but I actually liked her song on Monday.

Blake is getting screwed over on time during every elimination round. Christina talks for 5 minutes about how much she loves everyone and then it's pretty much just "Blake! Name now!" Kinda lame. Jessie being gone was a big shocker but I am pretty happy with all the choices. I really like Lindsay Pavao so it's cool shes still there. Also I have been pretty hard on Raelynn but I actually liked her song on Monday.

Thought exactly the same regarding the Blake stuff. Christina went off on one for ages at one stage and wasn't being pushed for an answer at all, she kept going on and on.

Must say I was surprised Chris topped the vote for her, certainly with that performance. Lindsay going through is awesome as she's been one of my favorites from the start.

Poor Raelynn, I miss her already :(

Chris won because American Idol's fans are watching now. I feel bad for every woman in the competition because there's going to be a whole lot of results like this.

On the other hand, I did kind of love watching Christina's obvious Lindsey/Ashley final two plan implode.

Erin Willet and Jamar Rogers are both still in it, yeah. Biggest shock elimination this week was Jesse Campbell, the older single dad who won the amazing battle round from the first week of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Juliet yes! :D

Seriously, I didn't expect Juliet to advance, I thought it was going to be a clean sweep for the guys. Instead, Juliet actually crushed Jamar even without Cee-Lo's weighted advantage. On the other hand, I was genuinely shocked to realize that without Adam splitting it 60/40 in favor of Tony (which is fine with me; 50/50 is kind of a pussy answer and I wasn't surprised to see it from Blake but I was shocked that Christina didn't try to rig it in Lindsey's favor) Katrina would have actually advanced.

I'm very sad that Juliet and Jamar were on the same team, though, because I'd much rather see Jamar in the final than Tony, Chris, or especially Jermaine.