Awake

Herr Matzat

I have been looking forward to this since i first saw the trailer ages ago. I hope it works as a TV show, because it feels so much like a movie plot.

Last night the show finaly premièred after being postponed several times and it feels very good.

Take a look at the 4 Minute Trailer here.

Premieres tonight here. Can't wait for it. When I saw the trailer it looked like something for a movie coming out. The plot sounds incredibly interesting and Im hoping it sticks around for a while (if the actual writing is any good of course).

If not before. After all, this is also from the creator of Lone Star which Fox gave about 2 episodes before it pulled the plug.

That said, I've been looking forward to it for awhile now and am quite excited to check it out.

I'm quite excited for it. And the fact that Matzat enjoyed it bodes well, because I don't think I've ever seen him like something before.

And yet most everything he hates is good, which makes me sad for this show I have been looking forward to since May.

That said, the first episode is available online legally, and has been for two weeks now.

No, I was stating the fact that you hate everything good. Same as Meac above me. :)

I just watched it on Hulu. Awesome. So fucking good. I now fear for the longevity of this show because I like it so damn much.

Just watched the first episode and I'm interested, good actors too. I just wonder what they are going to do with this. I think two cases at once can become a little confusing.

I read Alan Sepinwall's review and he's seen the first four episodes. He gave high praise to those as well, so yay.

The premiere of the split-reality drama "Awake" at 10 drew soft numbers, taking a 1.9/5 in the demo and 6.2 million total viewers. But it improved on its lead-in, and gave NBC its best non-sports performance in the demo since last May and its best non-sports total viewership in the slot since April 2010. In a reflection of how much NBC has struggled at 10 on Thursdays, it improved 58 percent boost over the average in the demo this season.

http://www.thewrap.com/tv/article/ratings-awake-gives-nbc-timeslot-boost-american-idol-wins-repeat-heavy-night-35903

The premiere of the split-reality drama "Awake" at 10 drew soft numbers, taking a 1.9/5 in the demo and 6.2 million total viewers. But it improved on its lead-in, and gave NBC its best non-sports performance in the demo since last May and its best non-sports total viewership in the slot since April 2010. In a reflection of how much NBC has struggled at 10 on Thursdays, it improved 58 percent boost over the average in the demo this season.

http://www.thewrap.c...avy-night-35903

It also won the hour, albeit against a repeat of The Mentalist, but hey a win is a win. So w00t.gif

• 1 month later...

Anyone else keeping up with this?

Hasn't been bad thus far. I think I was more excited over the premise of the show rather than the execution, though. One thing I don't really care for is how different things can be between the two realities for seemingly no reason other than to fit in a, "he remembers this thing from the other reality but it is different to help his case," sort of thing. An example would be from I believe the episode from two weeks ago where in the reality with his wife alive, there is a bill for a very much in business moving company, yet in the other reality with his son alive the moving company is out of business. Not sure if it was just one location of the company or what, though, so I'm giving that one the benefit of the doubt.

• 1 month later...

I was just looking up how many episodes this season has and found out that NBC cancelt the show on may 11... :crying:

To be fair, if they still were filming this show might do best if it´s just one season with a good conclusion. still sad.

Just watched last night episode. So much fun. I think this show would have been perfect as a 6 episode mini series focusing on the important stuff and cutting some of the murder of the week stuff. Still not one bad episode if you ask me.