EWR DAT Files to Excel/Access

I have a question; would it be possible to make a tool using this sort of method that could be used to combine dat files?  Like if you wanted to take the 1970's scenario and mix it with a modern roster to make it a legends vs new guys sort of thing.

Either way, I salute you trying to crack open the files and sort through everything so we can edit them more than before.

As a note, as far as I can tell from playing, there are almost certainly values for potential/patience written onto every character; and I think nationality may have some bearing on it.  I've noticed that generally Japanese guys are more patient and will stay in developmental longer and grow faster than other folk.  Gender seems to have no effect.  I also suspect that there are values for how good someone is at "working a match" aside from stiffness and selling; because I've had some great guys who can't pull out the matches they should and not so great guys pull off some amazing stuff.

• 5 years later...

Sorry for reviving such an old thread. But did any work came out of this? I'm developing something of my own and I would greatly appreciate to have this as a tool in order to re-use all the user content made for this game.

I mean, I don't need to edit any of the data, but if I could view the data in a excel file, I could work with that. Maybe someone is still around...

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/05/2023 at 22:27, McProphet said:

Sorry for reviving such an old thread. But did any work came out of this? I'm developing something of my own and I would greatly appreciate to have this as a tool in order to re-use all the user content made for this game.

I mean, I don't need to edit any of the data, but if I could view the data in a excel file, I could work with that. Maybe someone is still around...

I don't think that the files are availble.

I'm wondering what you are developing.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bigworm said:

I don't think that the files are availble.

I'm wondering what you are developing.

I don't want to advertise it for the time being, but is something related to EWR and booking games in general. When the time is right, I will try to announce it. Oh and it's something free... I'm still from the era where giving something for free was a good thing. :D

Edited by McProphet

On 18/06/2023 at 15:14, McProphet said:

I don't want to advertise it for the time being, but is something related to EWR and booking games in general. When the time is right, I will try to announce it. Oh and it's something free... I'm still from the era where giving something for free was a good thing. :D

I hear you 😅

I am also playing my WWE games ( due to the brand split) in a Excel sheet to pre write alot of my material.

But also to have a better overview of the situation.

• 1 month later...

wpJYdwM.png

Open Wrestling Data Conversion Tool

DAT to SQL Data Conversion Tool.

Convert Extreme Warfare Revenge scenarios into SQL databases.The Open Wrestling Data Conversion Tool is a standalone application for converting DAT files into an Sqlite database.

After talking with Mr Jared he designed the tool, you need Java on your computer but this is great stuff, specially for those who like to play EWR with spreadsheets.  I recommend using a simple dbbrowser for sqlite which allows you to transform the db to a csv and filter to your liking. There is a lot of potential with this tool.

Edited by McProphet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, you're absolutely right. Does it go both ways, meaning okay, I can take the .dat and convert it to SQL and then into a spreadsheet, but can I go spreadsheet-> SQL -> .dat ? 

Got it open. 

As a person that likes to get into games and fuck around with them, and have for over 25 years, thank you. Where can I take you to dinner and book the hotel room? Jokes aside, that's how grateful I am for this, holy shit :D . 

So, (and I don't mean to hijack this thread), I'm going to try an experiment to see if I can import a set of workers INTO a save file. 

It's only possible to export data not to import it back to EWR.

But in that regard it's great to read data. I'm not the one to thank. But Mr. Jared.

https://github.com/JaredRombough/wrestling-data-conversion-tool

He was the one who developed the tool for his game Open Wrestling I just decided to ask him for this feature since I could make use of it and he developed it in no time. :)

Yeah, converting it back is going to be a bitch, but at least I can organize all the shit to make it easier rather than having to hop between EWR and the spreadsheet constantly. My ly real complaint towards Open Wrestling is I can't get the fucking thing to work at all, and that's frustrating on a deeply personal level since I'm basically EWB's un-official resident tech guy <_< . 

• Like 1

On 16/08/2023 at 16:50, Mick said:

Yeah, converting it back is going to be a bitch, but at least I can organize all the shit to make it easier rather than having to hop between EWR and the spreadsheet constantly. My ly real complaint towards Open Wrestling is I can't get the fucking thing to work at all, and that's frustrating on a deeply personal level since I'm basically EWB's un-official resident tech guy <_< . 

You just need java installed. You go to the itch.io page and download the release of the data conversion tool. And you run the program, you select the data folder you want to convert and it will convert. Than you can use a dbbrowser of your liking, for beginners maybe a simple dbbrowser for sqlite a bit of google search might help as well.

With little to no knowledge of SQL one can view the entire database. One of the features I like the most is the ability to export this data into a .xls.

So running a query like "SELECT * FROM workers where wage < 3000;" will list all the workers that are under 3000 dollars which is great for backyard to global games. One can get further with it Select name, striking, flying, wtv you want to see from workers join contracts on contracts.worker_id = workers.workerID WHERE contracts.promotion_id = the id of your promotion; which will list all the workers from your company you can then select that and export to .xls or just copy the table and raw paste to excel or google docs. Its a pretty nasty tool. I could make a list of useful queries but one can learn easily and there are a lot of sql tools around that can help the user with the complex query builders made simple and work more like a visualizer than anything else. If you don't want to mess with queries, just click on the column to sort by the column, can be useful to filter out some results, to get the highest brawler based wrestler or the wrestlers with the higher overness without all the scrolling and clicking you need to do in EWR.

So far I only encontered an issue with the roster splits, where the only the odds id are being converted, 1, 3, 5, 7... So in my 2007 save game I had to manually copy paste the smackdown roster but it was a lot better than writing all the stats by hand, just to then close the window because my spreadsheet loving part was done with EWR. :D

Edited by McProphet
  • Like 1

On 22/08/2023 at 23:15, IDOL said:

This is cool. I really wish there was a way to convert the EWR files to Excel, then back to the EWR files though as that would make editing databases a breeze.

Maybe ask Mr. Jared on github if that is possible to do. He has decoded most of the data files, to encode them again shouldn't be that hard, the question is if Mr. Jared has the time to do so.

• 1 month later...